Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think they predate the Numen coming to the Lands Between, the five finger symbology of the Beastmen comes across as utterly ancient. 

You know, knowing what we do now. I think the Numen coming from a different world should be taken literally now. I think they weren't native to the realm of existence that the Lands Between and other countries.

The Numen stone coffins are so otherworldly but of a human familiarity. I think they were the vessels of travel across the stars.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You know, knowing what we do now. I think the Numen coming from a different world should be taken literally now. I think they weren't native to the realm of existence that the Lands Between and other countries.

Hard to gauge what exactly that means when the skies, other continents/"beyond the fog", and even the Land of Shadows all appear to be different realms of existence from the Lands Between. 

230d1fe7af62e8a457272a4807dfe81a54cd6bf1

b191250281e7ad85f2e5e9bcd78bc0ec4e37457d

I was thinking about what Doc said about how the Shaman's seem to abandon all the splendor of their ancestors. And when you compare the Shaman Village to the Eternal City city-states...it's like, holy shit XD They really went back to earth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

230d1fe7af62e8a457272a4807dfe81a54cd6bf1

b191250281e7ad85f2e5e9bcd78bc0ec4e37457d

I was thinking about what Doc said about how the Shaman's seem to abandon all the splendor of their ancestors. And when you compare the Shaman Village to the Eternal City city-states...it's like, holy shit XD They really went back to earth. 

The Nox having to look down from their majestic underground cities and seeing the dirty ass Ancestral Followers chanting and being primitive is hilarious to me.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Unrelated, but Rauh reminds me of what I wish Cyrodiil had been. That’s a proper Ayleid ruin. 

Rauh was such a breath of fresh air in the dlc when I came across it for the first time. So much of my time was spent in the similar biomes of the Scadutree plateau and lowlands. Once I saw the lush jungle ruins, I fell in love with the greenery

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What are y'all's thoughts that the Greater Will seems to either reside in a Black Hole or IS a Black Hole?

Or a black hole is the closest observable takeaway that a "mortal" can achieve by attempting a connection. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Unrelated, but Rauh reminds me of what I wish Cyrodiil had been. That’s a proper Ayleid ruin. 

I love all the mentions of archeology (including Messmers Knights risking their lives to protect the place because of how value it has as a discovery). I love all the obscure pre-historic civilisations. And how Rauh is described as belonging to a group of people even the Hornsent don't remember. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Rauh was such a breath of fresh air in the dlc when I came across it for the first time. So much of my time was spent in the similar biomes of the Scadutree plateau and lowlands. Once I saw the lush jungle ruins, I fell in love with the greenery

Agreed. As I’m sure was the case with many players, my first experience with Rauh was by entering the portal right past the Shadow Keep and teleporting to that arena with the Bird Warrior. I was blown away by the sudden change of scenery, and it got me excited for when I’d finally get to revisit it properly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or a black hole is the closest observable takeaway that a "mortal" can achieve by attempting a connection. 

It's really fascinating to me that the strange Black Hole deity hinted at from certain spells and items with the Nox ended up being the Greater Will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. As I’m sure was the case with many players, my first experience with Rauh was by entering the portal right past the Shadow Keep and teleporting to that arena with the Bird Warrior. I was blown away by the sudden change of scenery, and it got me excited for when I’d finally get to revisit it properly. 

I didn't actually find that portal on my first playthrough!

I got to experience it as a complete surprise.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's really fascinating to me that the strange Black Hole deity hinted at from certain spells and items with the Nox ended up being the Greater Will.

Remember what any of those are? That is news to me. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I love all the mentions of archeology (including Messmers Knights risking their lives to protect the place because of how value it has as a discovery). I love all the obscure pre-historic civilisations. And how Rauh is described as belonging to a group of people even the Hornsent don't remember. 

Fromsoft loves adding ancient civilizations that are long since gone.

There's like three in base Elden Ring. 

Tarnished Archeologist loves going over them :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That's might give context why the Nox created a dagger to kill the Fingers. They knew they were peddling bullshit about there God. XD

And that the Nox were known for night sorceries, lightless spells now seem a lot closer to the fundamental nature of the Greater Will.

• Like 1

Forbidden Sorcery of Sellia, Town of Sorcery

Creates a space of darkness that draws in sorceries and incantations. This sorcery can be cast while in motion.

Originally a lost sorcery of the Eternal City; the despair that brought about its ruin made manifest.

The implications that it was the Greater Will itself that brought about their ruin is staggeringly fucking cool. That whatever the Nox did was so cosmically fucked that the lightless void Greater Will smacked them down reads as biblical 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

including Messmers Knights risking their lives to protect the place because of how value it has as a discovery

Shout-out to my boy Salza. Man was Messmer's greatest warrior, burning down more than anyone else. Yet hates the barbarism he partook in, finally risking his own life to convince Messmer not to have Rauh burnt to ash.

• Like 1

Anyone else have any new characters along with lore? I've been very busy brainstorming a bunch of thematic characters on a separate save state for it. They're more built for the world itself than pvp. I want people to feel like a character of the world is helping or hindering them.

Wizard of Godwyn

20240719042605_1.thumb.jpg.9c9c8632c858281872a5183aa26c067e.jpg

In the years following the Liurnian Wars, there served in the armies of the Golden Lineage an astrologer of little renown. Fierce of wit and mind though lacking perhaps in the martial magic of the Carians. With the Night of Black Knives delivering a nightmare undeath to his liege lord, this nigh unknown astrologer undertook the herculean quest to rescue Godwyn in whatever way he could.

In the time between the death of Godwyn and the Shattering Wars, he gained some renown delivering every manner of attempt at a true death, blackflame, harnessing a modicum of frenzy (it was yet weak for he knew not world ending despair) fundamentalism. All of which failed. In the later years he spent some time as a guest of the Grace-Given Lord and later aided in the fruitless rituals of Castle Sol.

Long departed from the Lands Between, the now renowned Wizard of Godwyn has returned. A sworn enemy of the witch Fia and all those who serve the Prince of Death rather than the distant memory of Godwyn the Golden. Deeply afflicted with deathblight, he has little time left to put her to the sword.

Sealer of Frenzy
20240719051145_1.thumb.jpg.8b2f99825bea391ade74d1155acf0957.jpg

In the time before the Erdtree's dominance, there served the Gloam-Eyed Queen a handmaiden, a deliverer of the newborn Godskins. One of the few survivors of the conflict between Empyreans. This elder would deliver herself as kindling for the sake of all life. Severing her soul with the fading primordial power of destined death; now taken by Marika's shadow, dimming all light within that the flame might not find perch within.

It was there, deep within the bowls of Leyndell, locked away she cradled the Three Fingers for the sake of life itself. Burnt to ash for the sake of life itself.

Yet in the ages that followed, long after the Shattering War her soul would be cursed to take mortal form by Marika. A Tarnished bereft of light, without inner purpose, called to serve the God of this age again.

Cleric of the Solar Wind (Had to shorten the name in game)
20240719052503_1.thumb.jpg.e3fe7a18e392f288e11f95a835dcabcf.jpg

From whence Marika ascended to godhood yet in the time before the Elden Beast fell upon the Lands Between as a shooting star, there was a Surrogate-Vassal in mortal guise who prophesized the coming age. He is the breath of the Outer God taken form. Serving only to help perpetuate the coming Age of the Marika. Once serving his purpose his guise was no more and faded away within the Scadutree. He is akin to a divine white blood cell.

Yet with the betrayal of Marika, and the Greater Will long since absent, from the sap of the Scadutree was mortal guise taken once more. Unable to repair the fundamental order of the world, he searches tirelessly for a true lord, one to succeed Marika.

This character is an utter regen god, who has absolutely no offensive incantations but a huge arsenal of heals and buffs. He's meant purely for co-op, and wouldn't really work as an invader thematically.

Father of Marika (This is easily my favorite character I've ever made in Elden Ring.)
20240714213534_1.thumb.jpg.12a247104fef355aff844f83e5c17bde.jpg

20240714213537_1.thumb.jpg.2aa2d5440de2c42ac1038cd3e6a4b50a.jpg

Eldest of the living Numen, yet long absent from the Lands Between.

Many thousands of years before the birth of Marika, her father sought the unanswerable questions of existence. Though a man (Apparently Shaman in Marika's Village context has more of a female connotation according to more accurate translations) he harbored tremendously acute principles of natural phenomenon, in the age long before the Erdtree what would become incantations.

He witnessed the coming of beastial intellect, the seeds of the Crucible, the first of the Horned men. And long after, the exodus of his race crossing the stars. There was a time when even for a Numen, age brought about his twilight years. Settling in one of the villages of his kind and siring a daughter...

Though it was the falling star of Metyr that spurred the flames of ambition once more. There existed it seemed a penultimate deity beyond all light, beyond all existence. There Marika knew abandonment as her father departed to journey forth into the lightless void of the Greater Will.

He would never know what became of the village nor Marika. For in the ages that passed, from whence he returned battered and broken by the great beyonds, never having reached the Greater Will, he found only a wilted golden thing bathing a ghost town.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
Forgot to put a single word that completely changes context lmao
  • Like 1