Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wasn’t she a champion gladiator once upon a time? Of course she has problems. XD I suspect that Jerren is the better source on Radahn, personally.

Yeah. It illustrates Radahn's Redmane meritocracy.

5499fdbbfd63ce5985960f15013b7f24486a8713

But I think with how familiar she is with him, she was very close to him too. She was "one of his most trusted warriors"

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I suspect that Jerren is the better source on Radahn, personally.

Jerran I feel isn't a true Redmane. He was a guest of the Carians and best friend to Radahn, but he also abandons Caelid once Radahn meets a good death. Rather than remain with the Redmanes to protect the Lands Between from the Rot.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That and this dude pops up to assist the Lands Between armies 

Skull Knight could solo all the non-Godhand and Zodd apostles. That's totally unfair adding him to the mix XD

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How would the Ashina hold up against invading Redmanes?

Hmm, that's an interesting question. Technology wise the Interior Ministry actually had an edge in invading Ashina with their more modern firearms and canons, something the Redmanes wouldn't have.

But Redmanes also have gravity magic and plate armor, and though it's not the late Renaissance/early modern siege plate that one Portuguese man had, I think that'd also give an edge.

Hard to say in the end, especially if...late game stuff happens in the midst.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Jerran I feel isn't a true Redmane. He was a guest of the Carians and best friend to Radahn, but he also abandons Caelid once Radahn meets a good death. Rather than remain with the Redmanes to protect the Lands Between from the Rot.

Yeah, I think it mentions he was a sellsword "guestcommander". He's with the Redmanes because he was a buddies with Radahn. While Radahn, I think, bears responsibility for shaping his honorable, yet kind of vicious, Redmanes. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They get crushed...until Isshin takes the field. XD

Come to think of it. I haven’t gotten to it yet but I’m pretty sure I remember seeing that one of this game's "bosses" is just a European knight in plate armor. XD 

So yeah, they’re probably screwed.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Come to think of it. I haven’t gotten to it yet but I’m pretty sure I remember seeing that one of this game's "bosses" is just a European knight in plate armor. XD 

So yeah, they’re probably screwed.

:rofl: Not going to say anything. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There’s "most trusted warriors" and there’s "most trusted bros".

Jerren’s a bro. Ain’t no topping that. 

I'm with Doc in this. Freja would be like amidst Robb's most trusted retainers. While Jerran is his Bannerman bro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah, I think it mentions he was a sellsword "guestcommander". He's with the Redmanes because he was a buddies with Radahn. While Radahn, I think, bears responsibility for shaping his honorable, yet kind of vicious, Redmanes. 

Oh and you know who else is the other named Redmane. Fucking RED BEAR . Him and Freyja are both kind of insane 

• Haha 2

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

He's the Land Between's equivalent FUCKING furry. That's realllyyyy bad PR XD

I feel like many problems would be solved if furries had to earn their lot by killing, skinning, and wearing the beasts they wish to identify as.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I feel like many problems would be solved if furries had to earn their lot by killing, skinning, and wearing the beasts they wish to identify as.

That's practically what the ultra rare Victorian age wealthy furries did :rofl:

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Balidd and Maliketh: ÚwÙ

Knowing what we do now about Numens merging seamlessly with others, I’m starting to worry that the origins of these "Shadows" is some really depraved shit. Remember, Maliketh is supposedly Marika’s half brother.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Knowing what we do now about Numens merging seamlessly with others, I’m starting to worry that the origins of these "Shadows" is some really depraved shit. Remember, Maliketh is supposedly Marika’s half brother.

I didn't think of that. But there's also the existence of Farum Azula and Beastmen. I figure Blaidd and Maliketh are just of those races of animals given sentience 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I didn't think of that. But there's also the existence of Farum Azula and Beastmen. I figure Blaidd and Maliketh are just of those races of animals given sentience 

But where did those beatsmen come from, eh?

Lots of Numens out there, just saying. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or look at poor Rya's nightmarish origins. Perhaps Rykard based his creation of his "children" on Numen practices? 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think they predate the Numen coming to the Lands Between, the five finger symbology of the Beastmen comes across as utterly ancient. 

You know, knowing what we do now. I think the Numen coming from a different world should be taken literally now. I think they weren't native to the realm of existence that the Lands Between and other countries.

• Like 1