Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Chris Hansen "Red-Lion Radahn we're you carrying that pizza?"

Radahn: You know...just having a bros night out with my little brother. 

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's actually ambiguous XD

Miquella was seemingly alone, rambling to himself as he begged Radahn to become his consort. And if he wasn't, and actually talking to Radahn, it's telling he only gets silence in return as the screen fades to black.

The Japanese version actually is alot more clear. He's talking to Radahn, and it specifically mention Radahn gave him a condition he needed to meet before he became his consort. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

No really, Miquella's charm was the only thing keeping Leda from slaughtering everyone. Nobody else was even going to challenge Miquella outside the player.

Throllier wanted to lose himself in the everlasting sleep of St. Trina. Ansbach was a broken man who didn't see the point in taking up his bloodflame again. Dryleaf Dane is her faithful ally and also truly believed in Miquella. Moore has the IQ of a child and just wants to be loved. Hornsent swears an oath that he wishes only to avenge his people.

But Leda mucks everything up with her bloodthirsty paranoia. Ending up sending Ansbach down the path of redemption.

Forgot about Freja, she was entirely on board as well. Wishing for Radahn to live again. Despite knowing it would break Jerran's heart ;-;

If there's any more bit of evidence that this wasn't what Radahn wanted it's that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Chris Hansen "Red-Lion Radahn we're you carrying that pizza?"

Radahn: You know...just having a bros night out with my little brother. 

The Japanese version actually is alot more clear. He's talking to Radahn, and it specifically mention Radahn gave him a condition he needed to meet before he became his consort. 

A huge thing about that is even if Radahn promised to become Miquella's consort this would have been ancient history. Before the Shattering, before the Shattering War, before Radahn conquered the stars.

Everything that has happened since then shows Radahn wishes to walk a different path. Miquella obviously couldn't let go

• Like 1

Mind you that post is very anti-Radahn, and apparently alot of Japanese fans were saying the user was taking his translation and coloring it with his own opinion, but the gist of it is true; that Radahn asked Miquella for something, and that he's indeed talking to him 

• Like 1

That thread also proposes that Radahn agreed to it but only after Miquella "grows up". Which if true, in Radahn’s mind, would’ve been tantamount to saying "never".

But through Mohg and his own bodily death, Miquella did find a loophole to sort of "grow up", in a sense, honoring his half of the vow, and making it so he now feels entitled to Radahn.

Radahn, having obviously believed it impossible, would have then resisted as he never actually expected or planned for this to occur. 

• Like 1

It's frightfully telling Miquella has brought back Radahn's soul, but not his consciousness, or so heavily shackled it that he's all but dead inside.

His beloved horse, that was the very motivation for learning magic is nowhere in sight. Beyond Jerran's sorrow, I think this is the greatest but of evidence against Radahn wishing a final battle against Malenia being his bargain.

So much of Radahn's character is amusingly about his horse. That even in his mindless state, he does everything in his power to protect Leonard from his own attacks. Violent as shoving his ass into the sand is XD

If Fromsoft just had Leonard off to the side, sleeping or something next to the gate of divinity then I'd honestly be just about convinced that Radahn willingly stands by Miquella 

• Like 1

A big argument I see over and over again is that Radahn only wanted a glorious final battle to be part of the bargain.

But I think that's just part of his warriors ethos. Rotting away from Malenia's Scarlet Rot he beseeched his best friend Jerran to grant him a warrior's death, rather then waste away from the rot. As he couldn't even perish from it due to his Great Rune.

Radahn didn't want an unending existence of agony. I don't think that translates into "Muh I only exist for a good death."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That thread also proposes that Radahn agreed to it but only after Miquella "grows up". Which if true, in Radahn’s mind, would’ve been tantamount to saying "never".

But through Mohg and his own bodily death, Miquella did find a loophole to sort of "grow up", in a sense, honoring his half of the vow, and making it so he now feels entitled to Radahn.

Radahn, having obviously believed it impossible, would have then resisted as he never actually expected or planned for this to occur. 

Plus he would have asked Radahn to be his consort during the Age of Radagan's lordship. Miquella was always marked as a potential successor to Marika but with his eternal youth and the current order seemingly resolute, Radahn's answer feels mightily diplomatic.

"Sure I'll be your consort... Just as soon as you succeed my father Radagon as Elden Lord."

• Like 1

It's once again a kind of ironic fate: Radahn's practical ethos is a dissonance: he's by all accounts a very good dude...whose practically enamored with warfare. He's bloodthirsty (he reminds me quite a bit of Gybeui from Sekiro). He loves it. And yet he's forced to live amongst the corpses of his brothers who were all massacred (the battleground he's on is almost a monument to the Shattering's horror), a practical zombie whose lost all his mental faculties. And he's rescued from that fate by the most bloodthirsty people around the Lands Between XD He represents the noble and horrible aspects of war. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Plus he would have asked Radahn to be his consort during the Age of Radagan's lordship. Miquella was always marked as a potential successor to Marika but with his eternal youth and the current order seemingly resolute, Radahn's answer feels mightily diplomatic.

"Sure I'll be your consort... Just as soon as you succeed my father Radagon as Elden Lord."

Actually correction.

"Just as soon as you succeed Marika as the all powerful God of this age."

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

He also reminds me of Nosferatu Zodd from Beserk. Just a more noble version. The Lord of the Battlefield (familiar XD)

Zodd would get his ass ate by Radahn for breakfa- wait let me rephrase that.

Zodd would get his cheeks clapped by Radah- one more time.

Zodd would get pounded by-

• Haha 1

I definitely agree that those who have been just treating Radahn as the glorious-death-seeking warrior man have ignored a lot of his characterization. He is seemingly a very intelligent and curious sort, who studied magic both in schools and with tutors, he loved animals and formed tight bonds with his pets, he was charismatic and meritocratic and inspired loyalty in his men, and he was supposedly one of the kindest demigods of Miquella’s judgement is anything to go on.

• Like 1

Redmanes Vs the New Band of the Hawks would be glorious to watch XD

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Miquella:  "Keep going."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I definitely agree that those who have been just treating Radahn as the glorious-death-seeking warrior man have ignored a lot of his characterization. He is seemingly a very intelligent and curious sort, who studied magic both in schools and with tutors, he loved animals and formed tight bonds with his pets, he was charismatic and meritocratic and inspired loyalty in his men, and he was supposedly one of the kindest demigods of Miquella’s judgement is anything to go on.

XD

Joking aside, I think most of that is true. He's one of the lighter Demigods with Morgott. But we have to remember the description specifically mentions that was when he was a kid. I'm sure the Shattering changed him.  Freyja's personality also kind of shocked me. She's a pretty chill person...until she's talking about how hard she is about turning Radahn into an Immortal Zombie God of War, and it suits him to kill for all eternity XD Like shit, that woman has problems. 

Ok that's too far, the Reborn Band of the Hawks would clap the Redmanes XD

Fine Redmanes team up with Cleanrots. Radahn and Malenia take the field and lead the attack XD

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Fine Redmanes team up with Cleanrots. Radahn and Malenia take the field and lead the attack XD

If you also add the Haligtree Knights, who are legitimately the most powerful knights in the Land Between then I think Malenia and Radahn would have a solid chance.

If you're also including Griffith and the Falconia armies too.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

She's a pretty chill person...until she's talking about how hard she is about turning Radahn into an Immortal Zombie God of War, and it suits him to kill for all eternity XD Like shit, that woman has problems. 

Wasn’t she a champion gladiator once upon a time? Of course she has problems. XD I suspect that Jerren is the better source on Radahn, personally.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

She's a pretty chill person...until she's talking about how hard she is about turning Radahn into an Immortal Zombie God of War, and it suits him to kill for all eternity XD Like shit, that woman has problems. 

That's what happens when you invite a former gladiator of Godfrey's arenas into your personal guard.

She's what a lot of fans think Radahn was like. "WAR WAR WAR DEATH BLOOD KICKASS WAR"

• Like 1