Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Randomly had this article recommended to me. Was a slightly funny read to kill a minute or two. Just about some guy and his journey of well NOT getting gud and using some stupid modded item that just bites him in that ass when he decides not to use it. Really it's just the writing that made me laugh, it's over the top. https://www.vg247.com/elden-ring-without-playing-elden-ring-feature-god-mode-mod-playthrough

• Haha 1

I killed Rellana without cheese this time on ng +2... id never cursed so much lol, and almost broke my wrist slamming my fists on the desk lmfao

I had her one hit from death at least five times, one time she even had like 1 health and you couldnt see her healthbar lol I was fucking livid

Forgot I had daggers on my bar to throw.

I used the guts sword cause nothing else was doin the job, ice, giant thrust. Savage lion just wasnt cutting it this time, she moves too much. Spammed that shit and the winning run skipped her moon phase. Which I never saw my first playthrough lol, pretty cool.

Poise break locked her so bad lol was deliciously satisfying, fucking slut.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I like how ER made all the Samurai fucking enlightened nutjobs; I love this kind of lore XD

oqdjuhrve3dd1.thumb.jpeg.fce245517ad18cdd19ecbb88e39176c7.jpeg

They feel very Kurosawa-like. Instead of Muh Honor, they're full on bloodthirsty psychos.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

They feel very Kurosawa-like. Instead of Muh Honor, they're full on bloodthirsty psychos.

There's a certain commandability to their dedication to turning themselves into demons though XD

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

HOLY SHIT!

I just discovered something I haven't seen anyone mention. I think Horah Loux was from the Hornsent civilization.

The Elden Crown shares a unifying theme that all the Hornsent helmets do, they all give zero Focus.

Would explain his Lion iconography and possibly even the Beasts who serve him. It would also make sense of him ending up with Marika if they have this shared history and struggle from the start. He might have known the real Marika, before it all.

But that would beg the question of where he came from. The only humans(?) I can think of who were actually part of Hornsent civilization were the Shamans, who I assume were of the Numen race.

I’ve been wondering lately if he comes from the Highlanders, a clan of whom came to Hornsent lands long ago to hunt the great rune bears. He matches them in lots of ways, including even the way he fights as Horax Loux, and it wouldn’t even contradict your theory. We have no idea how long this clan lived in Hornsent lands, but it’s entirely possible that it was long enough to be considered local.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There's a certain commandability to their dedication to turning themselves into demons though XD

And then there is Red Bear. XD 

Chest armor of Red Bear, whose name is lost to madness. A vest reinforced with iron rivets. After killing the great red bear in a blood-soaked bout, he became fascinated by the untainted glory of its naked strength. "I wish to be a bear, no more, and no less."

• Haha 1

A little detail I loved learning in Shadows is it appears the Numen colonialists split into two very district groups, the Shamans who settled the Hinterlands in the Shadow Lands, and the Nox who took to life underground. Reminds me the split between the Numenorians in Middle Earth. And alot of real cultural groups. 

• Like 1

Imagine finding out that the inspiration for your race built Numenor and Gondor, and were among the proudest and most impressive civilizations of man in all of fantasy fiction… and you built two shitty villages before some horned fuckers stuffed you into a jar.

Thanks Miyazaki.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Would explain his Lion iconography and possibly even the Beasts who serve him. It would also make sense of him ending up with Marika if they have this shared history and struggle from the start. He might have known the real Marika, before it all.

But that would beg the question of where he came from. The only humans(?) I can think of who were actually part of Hornsent civilization were the Shamans, who I assume were of the Numen race.

I’ve been wondering lately if he comes from the Highlanders, a clan of whom came to Hornsent lands long ago to hunt the great rune bears. He matches them in lots of ways, including even the way he fights as Horax Loux, and it wouldn’t even contradict your theory. We have no idea how long this clan lived in Hornsent lands, but it’s entirely possible that it was long enough to be considered local.

He's definitely not of the Hornsent, being that he neither has or removed horns. I think Godfrey was either of the Highlanders or the Lord of the Crucible Knights, as he was always their leader.

Yooo, he might have been of the Rauh culture too. As that's the original land of the Crucible Knights and predates the Hornsent.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Imagine finding out that the inspiration for your race built Numenor and Gondor, and were among the proudest and most impressive civilizations of man in all of fantasy fiction… and you built two shitty villages before some horned fuckers stuffed you into a jar.

Thanks Miyazaki.

I'm all fairness, the bulk of the Numen seemed to have been the Nox. They used to be above ground as well, before betraying the Golden Order/Erdtree.

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

He's definitely not of the Hornsent, being that he neither has or removed horns.

He’s also married to Marika. Which… yeah, I’m pretty sure "Hornsent" would be kind of a dealbreaker for her. XD 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

He’s also married to Marika. Which… yeah, I’m pretty sure "Hornsent" would be kind of a dealbreaker for her. XD 

Nah man, Godfrey obvious just used some of that Indian skin lightening cream. Bro had two Om*n babies. XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm all fairness, the bulk of the Numen seemed to have been the Nox. They used to be above ground as well, before betraying the Golden Order/Erdtree.

I know. XD I’m just mocking the Shamans in particular because they really didn’t seem to get far. 

With the cut dialogue showing Godfrey, even after his banishment had utter faith in Marika. I really like to believe he's been with her since the beginning, it'd be even more fascinating if they loved one another before her divinity.

• Like 1