Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lannisters? Yes. But the Targaryens could give them a run for their money. XD 

Maegor the Cruel was as nasty as any of the demigods. Except maybe Rykard or Godrick.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

33 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bros thought they were Enchanted Knights.

Only Carians are capable of such gigachaddery

How good is that sword of theirs btw, I forgot to try it out because they got outshined by the radahn swords

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

How good is that sword of theirs btw, I forgot to try it out because they got outshined by the radahn swords

The Carians’ or the divine lion warriors’?

Can’t speak for the former, but the latter is just the same horned warrior sword you can get from Hornsent. It’s okay. Nothing special.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The twin curved swords are okay. They're on the weaker side with weird scaling. The curved greatsword is alright too, it's primarily a strength weapon with some faith requirement. The weapon art is a total disappointment when compared to how the enemy uses it.

Also while the curved swords are farmable, the greatsword is from a guaranteed drop

• Sad 1

I suspect their main reason for fearing Maliketh is less about him being leagues better than they are and more about him wielding Destined Death. He is the only guy around who can potentially 1-shot them in such a way that there is no coming back from. He would obliterate their very souls.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I suspect their main reason for fearing Maliketh is less about him being leagues better than they are and more about him wielding Destined Death. He is the only guy around who can potentially 1-shot them in such a way that there is no coming back from. He would obliterate their very souls.

That's still supremely badass XD He's like a kill Demigod button. And Rykard and Ranni were scared so shitless of him they had to come up with counter-measures if he sniffed them out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Destined Death also used to be unfathomably more potent before the Black Knifes stole much of its power, spreading it out and diluting it.

Considering how heavy and fast the health drain from Maliketh is at this fraction of its power, it probably legit was a one shot before.

@ColonelKillaBee An interesting discovery someone made about your favorite boss.

The Fog Rift and Scorpion River catacombs both end with boss fights in those blighted "root rooms" where you can see Godwin’s messed up face.

But on the map, both of their root rooms are beneath or very close to the second Dancing Lion who you find later in the DLC. So it could be that the residual blight has spread upwards through the ground, and this is why this particular Divine Lion suffers from death blight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I beat Gyoubu Oniwa first try. First "major" boss but he was honestly easier than the chained ogre since most of his attacks were blockable and he didn’t launch into so many grabs that knock out 90% of my HP.

Despite being easy, it was a very fun fight. Had a great rhythm to it. Loved how it integrated all that we’ve learned so far, particularly with the ability to grapple toward him mid-combat to close gaps and make up for his superior speed, plus the not-so-subtle hint to use firecrackers against horses beforehand, which worked like a charm.

And it makes me very happy that this game lets you replay boss fights! :D With how fun these are, I reckon I will be doing a lot of that.

Also, Tengu "said the thing!" and named me Sekiro. I guess we are on the same side seeing as how he is surrounded by corpses of what I assume are our enemies. Kinda cool to not be the only person stalking through Ashina and cutting down these traitors. Reminds me a little of Bloodborne with the occasional friendly Hunters you can meet.

• Like 2

Gonna try and go fists for this whole dlc lmao

First victim, lion dancer, if you dont count the fire golem

For the lion i had to change the affinity to flame art, which gets buffed nicely from holy, and because nothing in the dlc seems to get bleed proc'd as easy as the base game where bleed is entirely utterly broken

Guts sword could proc it but that would be too easy so I didnt use it.

I also have to change my ash of war back to the pressure fist @The Good Doctor. For enemies that dont stagger, its way better than godfrey's earth shatter in the dlc. Huge damage with faith based scaling, I basically just used that to poise through the lions attacks and guard break him. Worked great.

We'll see if it stays that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I beat Gyoubu Oniwa first try. First "major" boss but he was honestly easier than the chained ogre since most of his attacks were blockable and he didn’t launch into so many grabs that knock out 90% of my HP.

Despite being easy, it was a very fun fight. Had a great rhythm to it. Loved how it integrated all that we’ve learned so far, particularly with the ability to grapple toward him mid-combat to close gaps and make up for his superior speed, plus the not-so-subtle hint to use firecrackers against horses beforehand, which worked like a charm.

And it makes me very happy that this game lets you replay boss fights! :D With how fun these are, I reckon I will be doing a lot of that.

Also, Tengu "said the thing!" and named me Sekiro. I guess we are on the same side seeing as how he is surrounded by corpses of what I assume are our enemies. Kinda cool to not be the only person stalking through Ashina and cutting down these traitors. Reminds me a little of Bloodborne with the occasional friendly Hunters you can meet.

It's easy but a really cool boss. Phenomenal presentation. His arena (corpse littered gate) is one of my favorites. I just love how removed Ashina is to the glamorised Sengoku period most Jidekai stories are. Place is just one filthy battlefield.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's easy but a really cool boss. Phenomenal presentation. His arena (corpse littered gate) is one of my favorites. I just love how removed Ashina is to the glamorised Sengoku period most Jidekai stories are. Place is just one filthy battlefield.

Battlefield made me think of Radahn. Completely littered with the corpses of those who failed to get past him. Man loved his job. XD 

And the buildup was good. Was cool eavesdropping on soldiers along the way and hearing them whisper of how nobody would get into Ashina castle because "the demon" guarding the gate. Kinda surprising so much hype would go into such an easy boss, but it’s clear that lore-wise, this guy was meant to be a renowned warrior. 

Eavesdrop is a nice feature. It gives a lot of character to the enemy mobs, makes them feel like people instead of just mindless obstacles. Wish Elden Ring had it.

• Like 1