Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Like literally ever warlord in the Shattering XD There's no truly good people here. Miyazaki said in his interview, everyone's great rune corrupted them. "Their taint. A war which no lord arose".  

I agree on that one. Not even Radahn had his hands clean from that conflict. He just had the benefit of being the strongest contender left standing.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think Freyja showcases the darker aspects of Redmane ideology: strength is the only thing that ultimately matters to them.  

That's not fair at all. They selflessly remained in Caelid to protect the rest of the Lands Between from the Scarlet Rot.

That's among the greatest displays of nobility and chivalric duty in the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I agree on that one. Not even Radahn had his hands clean from that conflict. He just had the benefit of being the strongest contender left standing.

That's not fair at all. They selflessly remained in Caelid to protect the rest of the Lands Between from the Scarlet Rot.

That's among the greatest displays of nobility and chivalric duty in the game. 

Jerren also has no problem with you going into the keep and killing his soldiers (and even makes a comment about it; and he's like "Wow, your a great warrior!" XD)

It's social Darwinism: albeit a positive example. The strong sherperd the weak. 

• Haha 1

From the Redmane knight armor:

When they were driven to defeat by Malenia's Scarlet Rot, the Redmane Knights burned the crest on their left breast of their armor to indelicate their resolve.

"Alas, dear home, I shan't see you again! For our duty is to remain here, a bulwark against the blight."

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Jerren also has no problem with you going into the keep and killing his soldiers (and even makes a comment about it; and he's like "Wow, your a great warrior!" XD)

It's social Darwinism: albeit a positive example. The strong sherperd the weak. 

In his defense, that's a mighty praise and shows him we have great promise in putting Radahn to rest.

Also the fact that a majority of his warriors aren't exactly in their right mind either. Barely anyone left is from Marika's curse of undying 

A character I think is a good comparison is Isshin. young-isshin-and-sword-saint-concept-art-v0-dimlxoe3avtc1.thumb.jpg.1ceec0d72169c7cfc98e67000629f99c.jpg

It specifically mentions how much he loves battle; but he always expelled "the building karmic, black miasma" that's infecting everyone else. Despite loving killing and war, he only ever drew his blade when it was morally just, and always fought for a noble reason. Hence Shura never graced his eyes. I don't think I could give Radahn the same distinction (as much as I love him and think he was one of the lighter Demigods). 

Jerren also doesn't necessarily strike me a true Redmane. He's a close friend with General Radahn and guest of the Carians. It was only through his undying loyalty to Radahn that he even remained tied to one place for so long.

Immediately leaving to wander the world afterwards 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Jerren also doesn't necessarily strike me a true Redmane. He's a close friend with General Radahn and guest of the Carians. It was only through his undying loyalty to Radahn that he even remained tied to one place for so long.

Immediately leaving to wander the world afterwards 

So the only one we have is Freyja - who operates on a "might makes right" morality, and that being able to make "Radahn fight and kill, for all eternity" is something she really want, despite how twisted it is XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So the only one we have is Freyja - who operates on a "might makes right" morality, and that being able to make "Radahn fight and kill, for all eternity" is something she really want XD

She was also a gladiator before Radahn invited her to join "the ranks of his most trusted warriors"

Definitely has the right mentality of a former gladiator. She makes me think of a cooler Nepheli Loux :rofl:

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Redmanes willingly abandoning their homes and families forever to become a bulwark between the Scarlet Rot and the rest of the world is basically the most heroic and altruistic thing anyone could possibly do.

You got to take the good with the bad. I'm not not saying it wasn't an insanely heroic thing to do. I'm just mentioning how the game condemns everyone for participating in the Shattering XD

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Queen Marika herself also commanded everyone who bore a Great Rune to seek power. And if they didn't, cursing them to merely be a stepping stone for another.

And Queen Marika was an absoutley horrible person too at that point XD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And Queen Marika was an absoutley horrible person too at that point XD 

Definitely, these were her descendants, or at least some of them. The Marika that attained godhood to avenge her people is not the same Marika mentally who shattered the Elden Ring.

I can understand why she did it, especially with her beloved Godwyn's untrue death. A living nightmare that brought too much pain of her past back 

It is worth noting that we do have good explanations for Marika’s treatment of the demigods.

-Three of them, the Carian siblings, are not technically Marika’s children at all. And one of them, freaking Ranni, murdered her best son.

-Said best son, Godwyn, was not only murdered, but got his soul obliterated and his body defiled in the worst way imaginable.

-Her other two children with Godfrey are omens and eternal reminders of her curse, her sins, and a past she has done everything in her power to try and bury.

-The "bastards" Messmer and Melina never got Great runes and weren’t part of the Shattering or Marika’s "kill each other" orders.

-That only leaves Malenia and Miquella, and I’m not really sure what Marika felt about them or if she knew what they were up to.

12 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I beat Messmer!  :BeastSlain:

Man oh man, what a cool boss fight. It took me quite a few tries but never felt unfair or frustrating, never kept me waiting ten minutes for an opening to punish. The patterns were all consistent and readable, but still required a lot of skill and timing to survive. There is a great "flow" to fight once you learn it, like Maria, and it is so satisfying once you do. Easily my new favorite boss in Elden Ring, and one of my favorites in any From game. 

I agree with 90 percent of this, that snake explosion move I can do without tho lol, its the only move in there that I feel is annoying and unfair, because he can spam it and there's not much warning, its just rng. Even the warning itself is deadly and can really fuck you.

Thats it though, the rest I feel was great and agreed its the best fight overall that Ive seen thus far.

My fav is still probably Godfrey's fight tho even tho new game plus he really, really fucks you up lol.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

that snake explosion move I can do without tho

You don’t mean the one where the snake gets a big magicky ball of energy in its mouth and brings it down, do you? Because I loved when he did that one. Easy to dodge and punish.

I didn’t mind any of the snake moves, really. The ones that really messed me up were his machine gun rapid fire thrusting move that ended with a ground plunge and explosion. Avoidable, but damn if it isn’t unforgiving.

11 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Finding a lock of Marika’s hair at the enshrined corpse of her grandmother, having been left with a prayer that nobody was alive to hear, was not a piece of emotional storytelling that I was ready for. 

On 6/25/2024 at 9:14 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

You already quoted the erdtree item found there but this is also sad, also

Reveal hidden contents

Yay I have a lock of my milf waifu's hair lol

Elden_Ring_Screenshot_2024.06.25_-_21.12

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee