Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Total random thought that I haven’t researched at all to back up.

Given their shapes and positions, and the themes of ER, what do you think about Metyr and the Elden Beast being two halves of the same entity?

Metyr was described as a gleaming daughter of the Greater Will. Which sounds more like a description of the glowing Elden Beast than the weird fleshy finger monster that we see.

We know that the physical and the ethereal versions of an entity can be split, as seen with Ranni and Melina’s spirits continuing to act in the world after the deaths of their bodies. And more notably with Miquella, whose restored physical body and radiant spirit are close together but not in synch.

Perhaps they were once one and the same. But were later "split" between the ethereal (Elden Beast) and the physical (Metyr) when the Erdtree’s domain got separated into the Lands Between and their Shadow.

Probably a cuckoo theory. But something to chew on at least. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have either of yall tried Dryleaf in PvP yet? Wonder how hard it is to counter. 

I have, they're not at all hard to counter. But as with any weapon, a good player will know how to work around them.

The do next to no stagger with light attacks, and only the second heavy in the two hit combos staggers you. Practically any weapon can counter them.

The dryleaf jumping spin kick does have a ton of stagger though.

Saw an awesome comment shared from YouTube. The Hornsent worship a horned lion god, and prophesy that at the end of the DLC, Miquella recreates Radahn, the Lion, with the horned body of Mohg. A horned lion god.

If the Hornsent built their religion on such a prophesy, only for it to be about Radahn, then that would be an extremely GRRM twist. That’s basically how he writes all of his prophesies. They’re never what the people expect. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Total random thought that I haven’t researched at all to back up.

Given their shapes and positions, and the themes of ER, what do you think about Metyr and the Elden Beast being two halves of the same entity?

Metyr was described as a gleaming daughter of the Greater Will. Which sounds more like a description of the glowing Elden Beast than the weird fleshy finger monster that we see.

We know that the physical and the ethereal versions of an entity can be split, as seen with Ranni and Melina’s spirits continuing to act in the world after the deaths of their bodies. And more notably with Miquella, whose restored physical body and radiant spirit are close together but not in synch.

Perhaps they were once one and the same. But were later "split" between the ethereal (Elden Beast) and the physical (Metyr) when the Erdtree’s domain got separated into the Lands Between and their Shadow.

Probably a cuckoo theory. But something to chew on at least. 

It could be, I dont think its the case tho but it could be.

Would be good irony if both Marika and Ymir were deceived and Ymir doesnt know the elden ring is a greater version of what Metyr is.

Tho I still think the only reason theyre not getting word from the greater will is because of the shattering, and damaging the elden beast/elden ring.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I thought he was calling the thing you were describing gay. XD 

If thats the case then my bad but lol if you tryna pass that onto me, stop reflecting Czar, lol.

49 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

deflecting hardtear 

Speaking of, this thing is incredible. Adds fun Sekiro mechanics and helped me a lot against Radahn.

Gonna be a staple of the Samurai Jack build if I ever get around to it. XD 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

How does it work, I never bothered using it lol

Still fisting dudes bloody

If you block at the perfect time, you take no damage and a much decreased amount of stamina loss. Meaning if your very skilled, you can pretty much guard against any boss, and you can chain it.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

How does it work, I never bothered using it lol

Basically makes it so if you time your blocks to just before impact, rather than holding the button, it will absorb most or all of the damage as if you used a 100 defense shield, plus you get a poise boost, plus your guard counter gets extra damage.

It actually changes the gameplay instead of giving a basic buff like most the other tears, making it much more fast paced and intense, but also very powerful if you get good at using it. 

Basically five minutes of Sekiro combat, which is enough for most bosses. XD 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's got a very brutal timing too, think 75% of Sekiro's perfect block window.

I love it!

Which is fair since Elden Ring has so many lower risk ways to defend yourself much more easily. Greatshields, bloodhound step, dodge talismans, keeping distance and fighting at range, etc. 

In Sekiro, this is basically the main tool in your arsenal. Coming from someone who sucks at Sekiro, narrowing that window any tighter would be brutal. XD 

While yall run around being weebs, Im living the dream radahn cosplay playthrough with godfreys yell on the fisticuffs, and its fucking amazing lol

Works better than the radahn swords sometimes. Ive never felt more like an elden lord than with this setup. That roar does so much damn damage even to bosses. And I made that bitch dragon at ranni's place run with just hands lmao. I shall greet radahn with only my fists, I will not shame him by using his own swords against him.

Certainly not the Miquella touched thick black swords.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

How far do you think Sword Saint Isshin would get in the roster of Elden Ring bosses?

From what I’ve heard, he’d probably kill damn near all of them. XD Maybe lose to some big tanky AOE guys like DLC Radahn or Rykard. 

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Low-key, one of the coolest aspects of the DLC was how much characterization the gave the fucking Scarlet Rot Broods. The forager soldiers are low-key adorable.  They don't seem inherently bad. 

elden-ring-shadow-of-the-erdtree-forager-brood-cookbook00001.thumb.webp.a8f790cb1b050041e42522ea907c6cea.webp

And Moore seems like pretty good dude (despite implying he's a bug in armor)

tumblr_3ee50b8732ec86279d9412435c24837a_34cd0b66_1280.thumb.jpg.41698229bd99f949b039686ec93cba91.jpg

And he's sad for being abandoned by his mother. 

• Like 2