Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Igon’s VA being a Shakespearean English stage theatre performer makes so much sense. 

Funny that they never told him Bayle was a dragon. That whole time while recording, he thought he was screaming like that at some human named Bayle. XD Also that knows so little of video games that it confused him at first why he was recording lines both for Igon’s triumph and Igon’s defeat and thought there was a mistake. :rofl: 

But I love his quote about Igon’s arc after finding out and noting the Ahab comparison:

“A quest of the soul, a quest of morality, and strength, and pain, and terror, and doom. And an enemy that is so huge that you can't even comprehend it, but for some reason, the bravery of the individual comes through and manages to triumph over it."

He seems fairly thoughtful for an actor. Again, his Shakespeare background showing through.

I really respect the fact, despite knowing it was a video game, he clearly put his heart and soul into his lines; even while thinking it was a game made by a small Japanese studio :rofl: That's the mark of a true professional! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Doing Messmer dirty. XD 

Nah, there both snake themed (and even have the same motiff of snake's hanging off from their body). Their disliked by their domineering parent (Marika, and Gywn. Marika forces Messmer to be take on the role of monster, and Gywn forced Gwyndolin to be a woman XD), and put up with because of there mommy/daddy issues. They specialize in a unique magic born to them, but considered it a curse (Messmer's flame, and Gwyndolin's dark moon.) There quite similar, even if they're completely different people. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They’re not bros. They’re not even from the same universe. XD He’s carrying him like a groom carrying his bride.

Do you want me to go on another conspiracy ridden rant XD

ir3nnfzghoz81.thumb.jpg.b1cd179891d9c18a0e1a324c8b961841.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah, there both snake themed (and even have the same motiff of snake's hanging off from their body). Their disliked by their domineering parent (Marika, and Gywn. Marika forces Messmer to be take on the role of monster, and Gywn forced Gwyndolin to be a woman XD), and put up with because of there mommy/daddy issues. They specialize in a unique magic born to them, but considered it a curse (Messmer's flame, and Gwyndolin's dark moon.) There quite similar, even if they're completely different people. 

Bro the reach of this is unreal lol 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Fisticuffs playthrough activated.

That you can add ashes of war to the dryleaf gloves and they can have BLEED AND FROST

yea i dont think I'll even need my swords for a good while, quality build is back baby

Quality builds also work really well for radahn blades so yea im in elden ring heaven rn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bro the reach of this is unreal lol 

Especially since Miyazaki confirmed that GRRM wrote the DLC lore and they just waited longer to implement it than the rest.

And George barely understands what video games are, so he definitely doesn’t know who Gwyndolin is. XD Any connections here are probably just coincidence based on similar motifs and inspirations.

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Especially since Miyazaki confirmed that GRRM wrote the DLC lore and they just waited longer to implement it than the rest.

And George barely understands what video games are, so he definitely doesn’t know who Gwyndolin is. XD Any connections here are probably just coincidence based on similar motifs and inspirations.

Miquella definitely has grrm all over it lol, tho i doubt his similarities to Griffith in Berserk are coincidence.

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have either of yall tried Dryleaf in PvP yet? Wonder how hard it is to counter. 

I havent but I will lol, my plan is to use it with my fire knight sword and bait people with the sword

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Miquella definitely has grrm all over it lol, tho i doubt his similarities to Griffith in Berserk are coincidence.

Especially since Miyazaki is such a huge Berserk nerd. 

I think GRRM invented most of these characters and their relationships with each other, then Miyazaki proceeded to make them "weird". XD Works strangely well. 

• Like 1

Even the part where Miquella shrugs off his flesh and old self, what makes him human then proceeds to commit inhuman acts against Radahn and Mohg are very Griffith. There were signs prior to his becoming a god, miquella that is but true in both cases, and both are believe to bring in a new world and new order. Griffith sacrificed not just his old self but he also lost all sadness, guilt, pity. Unshackled by human feeling. 

Granted Griffith wasnt a real true god, but a godhand, an angel basically but in both worlds they may as well be, and in miquella's case he was literally a god.

They also both like riding atop big beefy bois lol

And even when he became femto, he appeared as angelic griffith rather than dark angel femto, to fool and deceive humans into loving him and obeying his every command.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Granted Griffith wasnt a real true god, but a godhand, an angel basically but in both worlds they may as well be, and in miquella's case he was literally a god.

Heck, since the  "gods" in Elden Ring are not the actual capital G "God" of their setting, they actually sound closer to Berserk’s godhands in practice even if the terminology is different.

You could actually consider them similar, with the greater will being the actual god, or in berserks case, the Idea of Evil

In berserk thats humanity's collective consciousness and desire, rather than an alien aspect, but you get what I mean. The fingers, the elden ring, the demi gods and marika are an extension of the greater will, now abandoned of course, after imo marika's actions rather than before.

Another relation I just realized while thinking of this, there's five total members of the godhand, one for each digit.

I know I said there's the catholic making of the cross with two and three fingers over your chest and thats true but thats definitely another relation there.

40 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Is like lucifer and the antichrist rolled all into one.

Ansbach is a particularly knowledgeable man who works for Mohg. Mohg. And lives in a world where crap like death blight, burning madness plagues, birth curses, and scarlet rot are all commonly understood to exist. And he considers the way Miquella "wields love to shrive clean the hearts of men" to be the most terrifying thing in existence by far. Says a lot. 

• Like 2