Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Dark Souls honestly was a lot worse than Elden Ring about introducing plot elements that went nowhere. And in much bigger ways.

Basically half the new worldbuilding surrounding Sulyvahn, Aldrich, and the Age of the Deep leads to a dead end.

The Profaned Flame was introduced and immediately abandoned. 

The entire setting of Dark Souls 2 is a mystery that doesn’t really slot well into 1 and 3. 

The hell is up with Londor?

Gael’s Lady, the girl who paints, is a total enigma. And her new Painted World is a complete unknown.

I actually like that enigmatic aspect. Really sells the whole "trudging through the remains of a fantasy world that's about to end". Legend fades to myth. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I actually like that enigmatic aspect. Really sells the whole "trudging through the remains of a fantasy world that's about to end". Legend fades to myth. 

I get that. Though I prefer when mysteries are set up to have answers, myself. Even if they’re obscure and easy-to-miss. I’ve never seen anyone disappointed because they found a missing piece of the puzzle and figured out some cool piece of worldbuilding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

We know Rykard was a brutal adherent to the Golden Order at some point, but he also helped Ranni when she was plotting to kill Godwyn.

I doubt he would’ve been plotting with her after letting a big nasty snake eat him, so that means his transformation was likely shortly before, or some time after, Ranni killed Godwyn. It probably coincides fairly closely with the Shattering. In fact, I’d wager it’s after, as it was Morgott’s forces who attacked Mt. Gelmir instead of Marika’s.

Either way, Rykard would’ve been eaten long after Messmer disappeared for his crusade. No idea when the serpent actually showed up though.

Due to the conversations with the ghosts and item descriptions I believe Rykard fed himself to the serpent during the Shattering War. Likely during Morgott's assault on the Volcano Manor.

Only then did Rykard's knights and adherents forsake him. As whatever blasphemy he represented did not entail giving himself utterly to the serpent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The entire setting of Dark Souls 2 is a mystery that doesn’t really slot well into 1 and 3.

Honestly if it wasn't already established as having taken place before Ds3. I could have easily seen ds2 happening millions of years after Ds3 but before Ringed City.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll only use my fists….

25 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

footwork

*sports caster’s voice*

DISQUALIFIED!

Round 1 goes to BigBossBalrog and the fans are not happy about it!

"Booo! Boooooo!"

- But it looks like the refs are not changing their minds.

That means the score is 1 for 3 in the Maple Leaf’s favor. The Colonel is going to need to win their next fight to stay in this game!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m on a winning streak in PvP lol so sure.

After I get balrog. 

Oh shit aight, square them dukes bitch!

I'll be home after while. Been helping my mom's partner continue the moving process.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Balrog, tell him you’ll duel him after he watches House of the Dragon. That’ll buy you an eternity or so. 

So I'm contributing to our "bribe Celan to play Elden Ring" fund AND sacrificing my dignity of a proud sunbro by fighting such a dishonorable knave? Woe unto me! 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

1v1 Interventions on Rust. No-scopes only. Winner fucks your mom.

Fuck that noise! My childhood best friend always clapped me in CoD 1v1s lmao

But I always clapped him in Halo XD

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fuck that noise! My childhood best friend always clapped me in CoD 1v1s lmao

But I also clapped him in Halo XD

1v1 Pthumeru Depths. No blood vials. Saw Blades only. :BeastSlain: Winner fucks Queen Yharnam.