Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bayle put Placcid on ice and in a corner, literally put him on TIME OUT for eternity

Get this FRAUD out of my sight.

Pretty sure Marika did that. Bayle’s the one who got sent packing. Chadidusax took off his wings. Turned that bitch into a lizard!

Placcid dies to strength faith builds as well lol his old crusty ass

He doin all that teleporting n shit and spells, bayle is just fire sweat and testosterone 

We need a Bayle (bail, cause he got niggas runnin on sight) vs flaccid Placcid pole next time lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We need a Bayle (bail, cause he got niggas runnin on sight) vs flaccid Placcid pole next time lol

Next poll is gonna be a different slate of demigods. Gonna do all three sets and then put the winners against each other. 

Is anyone else surprised that Rykard got zero mentions in this DLC? I thought that the whole "flaming snake demigod" thing would surely merit some mention or connection between him and Messmer. It seems impossible that the Abyssal and Gods-Devouring serpents wouldn’t be in some way related.

Especially considering Rykard was Miyazaki’s favorite. My man, feel free to throw your boy a bone!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

What do y'all reckon to me the most "fitting" weapon to kill the various bosses with? Not in terms of what’s optimal for the fight itself, but more thematically.

I just thought of a funny one. 

Kill Messmer with the Sacred Relic Sword. 

After all these years of waiting, you finally reunite him with his "mother"… by beating him to death with a blade made from her/Radagon’s corpse.

Also makes him praying to her, asking why she’d sanction us with lordship, pretty hilarious. Like, she can probably hear him and is wondering the same thing. XD 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is anyone else surprised that Rykard got zero mentions in this DLC? I thought that the whole "flaming snake demigod" thing would surely merit some mention or connection between him and Messmer. It seems impossible that the Abyssal and Gods-Devouring serpents wouldn’t be in some way related.

Especially considering Rykard was Miyazaki’s favorite. My man, feel free to throw your boy a bone!

Yea it’s criminal, there’s got to be a connection but no idea what it could be. When did the god devouring snake show up?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea it’s criminal, there’s got to be a connection but no idea what it could be. When did the god devouring snake show up?

We know Rykard was a brutal adherent to the Golden Order at some point, but he also helped Ranni when she was plotting to kill Godwyn.

I doubt he would’ve been plotting with her after letting a big nasty snake eat him, so that means his transformation was likely shortly before, or some time after, Ranni killed Godwyn. It probably coincides fairly closely with the Shattering. In fact, I’d wager it’s after, as it was Morgott’s forces who attacked Mt. Gelmir instead of Marika’s.

Either way, Rykard would’ve been eaten long after Messmer disappeared for his crusade. No idea when the serpent actually showed up though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We know Rykard was a brutal adherent to the Golden Order at some point, but he also helped Ranni when she was plotting to kill Godwyn.

I doubt he would’ve been plotting with her after letting a big nasty snake eat him, so that means his transformation was likely shortly before, or some time after, Ranni killed Godwyn. It probably coincides fairly closely with the Shattering. In fact, I’d wager it’s after, as it was Morgott’s forces who attacked Mt. Gelmir instead of Marika’s.

Either way, Rykard would’ve been eaten long after Messmer disappeared for his crusade. No idea when the serpent actually showed up though.

And the dlc isnt a prequel like people thought at one point, so the abyssal serpent for instance doesnt relate to the god devouring serpent, but maybe there's still some connection there.

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

but maybe there's still some connection there.

I think there has to be. We just weren’t made privy to it for whatever reason.

It From really wanted to screw with us, they could’ve randomly thrown in another Godskin without any elaboration. XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think there has to be. We just weren’t made privy to it for whatever reason.

It From really wanted to screw with us, they could’ve randomly thrown in another Godskin without any elaboration. XD 

Did they say for sure this was the only DLC Elden ring was getting? Cause that feels criminal unless there's gonna be a sequel. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Did they say for sure this was the only DLC Elden ring was getting? Cause that feels criminal unless there's gonna be a sequel. 

I believe this is all we’re getting for DLC.

We don’t know if there’s gonna be a sequel, but considering it was one of the best selling games of all time, and their biggest success by far, it seems like a given.

If they do make a sequel, I think Melina, the Gloam-Eyed Queen, and the Gods Devouring Serpent are the things that most need addressing. 

Godwyn and the Death Blight too, unless restoring Destined Death put an end to all that.

Less pressing would be the Storm King and whatever the hell is going on with the Lake of Rot.

• Like 2

Dark Souls honestly was a lot worse than Elden Ring about introducing plot elements that went nowhere. And in much bigger ways.

Basically half the new worldbuilding surrounding Sulyvahn, Aldrich, and the Age of the Deep leads to a dead end.

The Profaned Flame was introduced and immediately abandoned. 

The entire setting of Dark Souls 2 is a mystery that doesn’t really slot well into 1 and 3. 

The hell is up with Londor?

Gael’s Lady, the girl who paints, is a total enigma. And her new Painted World is a complete unknown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1