Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

i ng+2'd lol ima get practice off malenia before i get to him lol

Also since i solo'd radahn my first playthrough underleveled and everything, should i use summons this time to see what thats like?

Ive never even tried it before.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Watching Mark from RDC World play is so painful but so entertaining too lol. This nigga dont even use remembrance weapons just from pure ignorance, not skill or a challenge xD

Hats off to him for getting that far tho without understanding core concepts, is like irl idiot savant lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

since i solo'd radahn my first playthrough underleveled and everything, should i use summons this time to see what thats like?

It’s worth doing at some point just to see what it feels like to get into a real battle in this game. It’s pretty cool, getting to see a whole bunch of characters you meet or hear about across the game, from all the different factions, charging in together to take on the Starscourge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Messmer has the best ost hands down lol that shits messmer....izing

;) 

Godskins used to be my favorite but Messmer and Midra both surpassed it.

Radagon and DLC Radahn are also really great.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Radagon is cheating lol xD Then again its not his fault his ost is so hard its the game's theme.

What’s funny is that, as far as main themes go, I like it less than most their other games'. But man, it just hits different during that that fight. XD It’s such an "oh crap, this is it!" sort of moment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Elden Beast is still my favorite. It's so ethereal and beautiful; like your witnessesing a cosmic act of nature. 

Very good choice. Basically everything about the Elden Beast is great… except for the fight itself. XD 

@ColonelKillaBee I remember you said that the addition of Torrent helped it. Would you say it was enough to elevate it to being an actual good fight, or just more tolerable compared to before?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Very good choice. Basically everything about the Elden Beast is great… except for the fight itself. XD 

@ColonelKillaBee I remember you said that the addition of Torrent helped it. Would you say it was enough to elevate it to being an actual good fight, or just more tolerable compared to before?

I heard the fight is much improved XD You can avoid all of his really annoying attacks alot easier, and the pace is fun ontop Torrent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Its imo 10 times more enjoyable, it actually feels epic to fight the elden beast. You feel like you're riding pegasus vs the kraken kinda epic

Imo I bet it was originally intended but they just forgot

• Thanks 1

Speaking of fights that just feel right, Mohg. I took the Varre shortcut to get to the dlc again on ng+2, and man I love that fight once you realize how to deal with him. Its way easier to find his openings than I remember, and its like doc said, dlc bosses make base ones feel like child's play once you "git gud".

He dishes out a ton of damage but he also has hella openings. Its just a good fight really, first phase especially. Him and Morgott both have that almost dark souls tempo in their fights where there's a clear pattern you know you can master. Hard to explain but it felt good, even tho it was a bit harder since ng+2

Just good ol guts sword again, I tried Radahns swords on him and it worked super fucking well on the first phase lol, like stupid good, but second phase he seems to get magic resistance and didnt stagger at all so it did doo doo damage after that.

Can stance break him tho which is how I ended up killing him.

• Like 1

What do y'all reckon to me the most "fitting" weapon to kill the various bosses with? Not in terms of what’s optimal for the fight itself, but more thematically.

I’ll go first:  Most fitting way to take down Bayle is wielding the Dragonslayer's Great Katana and blasting him with Placidusax’s golden laser breath, all while Igon looses harpoons on him from a distance.

Idk man I think Placidusax is a fraud XD I dont think he deserves to get a piece. 

I agree with the rest tho

Morgott, thematically imo is any holy weapon to cleanse his filthy blood and let that bitch know Im elden lord. I did it dual wielding the blasphemous blade and ordovis crucible knight blade last time which imo all in all felt very thematic. 

Mohg, lol I used a bleeding guts sword, so that fits pretty well cause irony. But I also like the Varre quest better now speaking of since even tho im not a mohg fanboy, it feels right killing him that way and then going off to free his corpse's desecration and rid him of Miquella's clutches.

Malenia lol you already know best is Radahns swords, gravity magic spell and ashes of war, bows etc but good look with that.

Blasphemous blade works really for all golden lineage and elden ring related enemies tbh

Oh dang that dragon sword is gonna make quick work of him speaking of, placidusax i mean. Besides the radahn swords, which others believe it or not hated, and the boss fight too btw because they wanted godwyn or whatever, the greatest quest reward has to be that dragonslayer sword.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Using the Darkmoon Greatsword to kill Radagon. 

Ok i second this

Blasphemous Blade tho for Elden Beast for blasphemy and flames. The First Sin, etc

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Idk man I think Placidusax is a fraud XD I dont think he deserves to get a piece. 

They are arch rivals. XD I think lorewise Paci deserves his due. It’s not his fault the DLC bosses are meant to be tougher. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They are arch rivals. XD I think lorewise Paci deserves his due. It’s not his fault the DLC bosses are meant to be tougher. 

He also ripped his wings and arms off. XD