Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

So not as close to the end as I thought with Lies of P which is great, glad there is more.

But I had a boss fight last night that gave me that feeling Dark Souls 3 used to give me and talk about feeling right at home.

The cutscene was sick then the OST came in and had me sitting up like OH SHIT LETS GOOOO then the boss itself 10/10.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Like shit, that was crazily well animated for a show that's usually just a goofy comedy sketch. 

Yeah, they stepped up their game big time for Malenia. 

I also loved how the Guy actually got to be a bit of a badass in this one. Not his usual bumbling self. Malenia is shaping him into a lord. XD 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, they stepped up their game big time for Malenia. 

I also loved how the Guy actually got to be a bit of a badass in this one. Not his usual bumbling self. Malenia is shaping him into a lord. XD 

When Guy pulled out the powerstanced giant crushers and swung them around with straight sword speed, I was legit hyped XD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They used the Metal Gear Peacewalker theme :rofl: That was awesome. 

Also, his flashback death scream at the beginning is just the audio of Frodo screaming when Gandalf goes over the ledge at Khazad-düm. :rofl: 

24 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

When Guy pulled out the powerstanced giant crushers and swung them around with straight sword speed, I was legit hyped XD

Me too. XD The animations there and particularly during the waterfowl dance were the best this channel has ever had. Seriously better than you’ll see on lots of actual televised cartoons.

Speaking of good animation, I got the entirety of Samurai Jack on sale a couple days ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

YOOOOO!

I knew you’d like that. XD Watched the first episode immediately and still adore Jack’s "journey" from boy to man where you get to see him passing along from culture to culture, training with the best in all the skills he will eventually use.

And it is funny how this show did more in 8 minutes to make its main character feel justifiably OP than most modern movies do in multi-hour runs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And it is funny how this show did more in 8 minutes to make its main character feel justifiably OP than most modern movies do in multi-hour runs.

I love how we rarely got to have major or entire POV's from an enemy's side. This is probably the most metal out of all of them, as the bounty hunters and mobster robot were really sad ones XD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I love how we rarely got to have major or entire POV's from an enemy's side. This is probably the most metal out of all of them, as the bounty hunters and mobster robot were really sad ones XD

:rofl: The cool factor here is so outrageously high that it borders on comical. Which of course only serves to elevate Jack’s own cool factor even higher. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: The cool factor here is so outrageously high that it borders on comical. Which of course only serves to elevate Jack’s own cool factor even higher. 

An entire race of giants pours every ounce of their souls into forging this ultimate weapon. It gets shattered in two seconds and breaks the champion's spirit.

That's cruel Jack XD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

An entire race of giants pours every ounce of their souls into forging this ultimate weapon. It gets shattered in two seconds and breaks the champion's spirit.

That's cruel Jack XD

One of my favorite things about all the villain POV episodes is that Jack barely even knows what’s going on in them. It’s like we get 20 minutes of this extremely detailed look at the lives and motives of the bad guys, only for Jack to show up and obliterate them in the final 30 seconds with no knowledge of any of it. XD

A really creative way of doing those episodes. It sells the idea that all of Jack’s villains have a story like that, we just usually are getting his side of it instead of theirs. Mature concept for kids cartoon of that time.

20240707030035_1.thumb.jpg.d2ceb83b978bd92521fa8a13e1e79c4c.jpg

I finally got Rellana RL1! XD

Took me about forty five minutes. I really tried my damdest to parry her to death like how I got Radagon RL1. But her few one frame instant attacks, which one shot me, was too daunting. Granted, I might have gotten the parries down after hours and hours of practice... but there was a far better and more pleb way of going about it.

The P U L L Y  C R O S S B O W and Bone Bow make a ridiculously powerful combination for RL1. Once I poisoned (and if I felt it was going good enough, even dipped into my scarce rot arrow supply) her, I'd swap to pully and just bait punishable openings while light rolling my ass away from danger.

FUCK lads, I wouldn't recommend the hell of RL1 Rellana.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not as insanely hard as RL1 Malenia. Ironically I find Rellana far harder on normal runs, while Malenia was the single hardest boss I've ever fought at level 1.

Waterfowl Dance is the singular reason why. On normal playthroughs I always level vigor enough to survive even a clumsy, shitty half dodge of her attacks. But if even a pixel touches you on RL1 you're done.

10 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Godwyn and Gloom-Eyed Queen are fast becoming the Velka of Elden Ring: people bitching endlessly about their lack of stuff in the DLC's XD

I think it’s fair in both cases. Was talking about this with Colonel just a couple days ago actually. Melina and the GEQ feel like the biggest gray area in Elden Ring’s lore, which I find a little frustrating since Melina is our partner for most of the game.

But Dark Souls was way worse. That game raised all kinds of big questions and then just refused to elaborate further. With just a couple exceptions, Elden Ring is far more "complete" in its storytelling.