Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There's cut Radahn dialogue that imply it can think; but it certainly had been made to be more conformative. 

What's the dialogue if you know?

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And likewise, he gestures like Radahn. So I think it's sentient. 

He certainly does start the battle the same way as with Malenia. But that could very well just be Miquella pulling the puppet strings

Charmed Radahn never speaks? That’s disappointing. Was hoping to finally get something out of the big guy.

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There's cut Radahn dialogue that imply it can think; but it certainly had been made to be more confrontative. 

That would make sense. Going off all the other bewitched characters, it’s not so much zombie mind control as it being overwhelmed with a sense of supportive love for Miquella while still retaining your normal personality and faculties. 

Although I guess in Radahn’s case, he’s just been resurrected in the Frankenstein’d corpse of a dead omen, through the divine powers of a sociopathic twink. So he might be a special case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What's the dialogue if you know?

He certainly does start the battle the same way as with Malenia. But that could very well just be Miquella pulling the puppet strings

[21040000] I am Radahn.
[21040100] Born of red-maned Radagon, and Rennala of the Full Moon.
[21040200] A lion bred for battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Charmed Radahn never speaks? That’s disappointing. Was hoping to finally get something out of the big guy.

That would make sense. Going off all the other bewitched characters, it’s not so much zombie mind control as it being overwhelmed with a sense of supportive love for Miquella while still retaining your normal personality and faculties. 

Although I guess in Radahn’s case, he’s just been resurrected in the Frankenstein’d corpse of a dead omen, through the divine powers of a divine sociopathic twink. So he might be a special case. 

I was sorely disappointed that he was completely silent. I didn't need him to talk mid battle more as I was hoping for something in the cutscenes or after he kills the player.

But like you said, he's likely not in his right mind. Not even factoring the mind control and being resurrected into an omen. But that Radahn spent an age completely out of his wits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think it's because there wasn't anybody to call upon Morgott at that point either. Mohg and Sir Ansbach are under Miquella's power, and either the White Masks would have or soon to be overtaken the dynasty.

By the time Morgott might have learnt any of this, he was too busy to try and help his brother. There is a huge amount of Tarnished blood on his and his followers hands. Just from one of the Banished Knights alone killing over a hundred traitors.

Indeed, after the Shattering, Morgott went into full Tarnished Hunter mode. Dude was always busy.

And yeah I think you’re right that nobody else likely even could’ve gone to them. We don’t know the exact exchange between Miquella and Mohg but I’d assume that Ansbach only witnessed it because he stood by his master’s side. After getting bewitched, I doubt they told even their own people what Miquella had done. To Mohg’s followers, it would look like he changed priorities, then strangely kidnapped Miq and went into seclusion. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Some minor spoilers 

[spoiler Leda says Ansbach "cut Miquella's flesh" with his sword, so he didn't take it lying down. 

Sir Ansbach doing the full combo of his legendary blood blade attack.

Does 348 damage to Miquella.

Miquella: "Lmao even."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

divine hair

Finding a lock of Marika’s hair at the enshrined corpse of her grandmother, having been left with a prayer that nobody was alive to hear, was not a piece of emotional storytelling that I was ready for. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Did the scarlet bloom incant you get for killing Malenia get buffed in a patch? I could’ve sworn I distinctly remembered it being worse at procing rot than Rot Breath, but I tried both on Gaius and it worked way better. Infected him in one hit whereas Rot Breath took multiple.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Finding a lock of Marika’s hair at the enshrined corpse of her grandmother, having been left with a prayer that nobody was alive to hear, was not a piece of emotional storytelling that I was ready for. 

Fuck, this dlc turned everything on its head.

Marika went from this terrifying inhuman force, to a traumatized woman who ascended her mortality to avenge her wronged people.

Mohg went from the most reviled pedophile in the Lands Between to a victim.

Miquella went from a majority of the community thinking him the Jesus of the Lands Between (those of us who knew about the Bewitching Branch knew better) to a complete monster responsible for the worst of the Shattering War.

• Like 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Did the scarlet bloom incant you get for killing Malenia get buffed in a patch? I could’ve sworn I distinctly remembered it being worse at procing rot than Rot Breath, but I tried both on Gaius and it worked way better. Infected him in one hit whereas Rot Breath took multiple.

It was buffed a while ago, hilariously there's a rot spell you get in the dlc that's beyond useless.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

It was buffed a while ago, hilariously there's a rot spell you get in the dlc that's beyond useless.

Always thought it weird that the spell for freaking Malenia’s scarlet nuke was weaker than the breath of random dragon #16. Especially since it takes up three whole spell slots. Glad to hear it got made worthwhile.

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fuck, this dlc turned everything on its head.

Marika went from this terrifying inhuman force, to a traumatized woman who ascended her mortality to avenge her wronged people.

Mohg went from the most reviled pedophile in the Lands Between to a victim.

Miquella went from a majority of the community thinking him the Jesus of the Lands Between (those of us who knew about the Bewitching Branch knew better) to a complete monster responsible for the worst of the Shattering War.

I don't think that's fair. Miquella seems to have been a compassionate person at some point (all of his descriptions point to his desire for a gentle world to be completely genuine)...he was just willing to dirty his hands, and eventually went down the same road his mother went. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't think that's fair. Miquella seems to have been a compassionate person at some point (all of his descriptions point to his desire for a gentle world to be completely genuinely)...he was just willing to dirty his hands, and eventually went down the same road his mother went. 

Miquella was more sinister before he even abandoned so much of himself. He was more than willing to force people to obsessively love him. He went to war against Radahn to force him, against his will, to become his King Consort. Malenia even sacrificing her own will to unleash the scarlet rot against Radahn when she could not best him in combat, forsaking all of Caelid. Who only by the heroic sacrifice (seeing a theme here) of the surviving Redmanes to prevent the horrors from spilling over the rest of the Lands Between that it was contained.

Miquella seems to be the kind of person willing to go to any ends to achieve his wants. Justifying the ends to the means.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

She has definitely gone way up the list of characters I like in this setting. With what we know now, she’s had a whole-ass character arc. Multiple, even.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

She has definitely gone way up the list of characters I like in this setting. With what we know now, she’s had a whole-ass character arc. Multiple, even.

Its unfathomable to believe she'd have had any hand in playing with Godwyn's death now. That used to be a popular theory back in the day XD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Miquella was more sinister before he even abandoned so much of himself. He was more than willing to force people to obsessively love him. He went to war against Radahn to force him, against his will, to become his King Consort. Malenia even sacrificing her own will to unleash the scarlet rot against Radahn when she could not best him in combat, forsaking all of Caelid. Who only by the heroic sacrifice (seeing a theme here) of the surviving Redmanes to prevent the horrors from spilling over the rest of the Lands Between that it was contained.

Miquella seems to be the kind of person willing to go to any ends to achieve his wants. Justifying the ends to the means.

Like literally ever warlord in the Shattering XD There's no truly good people here. Miyazaki said in his interview, everyone's great rune corrupted them. "Their taint. A war which no lord arose". 

I think Freyja showcases the darker aspects of Redmane ideology: strength is the only thing that ultimately matters to them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

and eventually went down the same road his mother went. 

The opposite extreme.

Marika’s faults lied in her strong passions and emotions. Her fear and anger, etc. But so too did her goodness. She had a lot of compassion and capacity for change and growth.

Miquella’s faults were in his willingness to do away with all of that. He would strip away free will and break his enemies without a hint of remorse or any hope of change. Ansbach rightly recognizes that he is far more terrifying.

• Like 2