Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I always thought he did that so Radahn could live his fantasy of being like his step-father XD

I mean yea that could be it too lmao. Not exactly a lion tho lol but the symbolism is definitely there.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It was the vassal beast of the Greater Will and living incarnation of the concept of Order.

I think the Elden Beast is directly tied to the Elden Ring, and a guardian of Order however it happens to manifest (in this case, Marika’s Golden Order). Far as I can tell, it is no more connected to the Greater Will at present than Metyr herself.

Edit, because I didn’t have much time to type before:

My thinking is that the Elden Beast is possibly a replacement for Metyr, but more likely intended to serve a different role all along.

-Metyr came first and was meant to interpret and communicate the Greater Will's intentions to the Lands Between, and select a vessel for the Elden Ring, which she did using her children.

-Elden Beast was then sent with the Elden Ring (or they are one and the same, intrinsically linked), to inhabit that vessel and bring Order to the Lands Between. 

• Like 1

Which is funny since Horizon should, in theory, translate way more easily to a TV show than Elden Ring.

I love how these two games have developed such a random off the wall rivalry since their release. And how Elden Ring just keeps winning. XD 

• Haha 1

Was just screwing around killing some mobs in Limgrave and I noticed something. The new spirit summon, Ancient Dragon Florissax, actually talks while casting her incantations. If I heard right, I believe she said "for my Noble Lord-" and I couldn’t make out the rest because it got drowned out by her lighting spell. 

First time I’ve heard a spirit ash summon speak, though. So that was cool. Kinda fun having a hype woman following around, calling me "Noble Lord" while smiting my enemies. XD 

• Haha 1

Jumping off a little ledge to a staircase in Enir-Ilim led me on a huge journey, down the secret paths of mori- the spire and to a secret weapon of the tower.

Too bad it's a pure faith weapon, my dex/int lad can't make use of it XD

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Was just screwing around killing some mobs in Limgrave and I noticed something. The new spirit summon, Ancient Dragon Florissax, actually talks while casting her incantations. If I heard right, I believe she said "for my Noble Lord-" and I couldn’t make out the rest because it got drowned out by her lighting spell. 

First time I’ve heard a spirit ash summon speak, though. So that was cool. Kinda fun having a hype woman following around, calling me "Noble Lord" while smiting my enemies. XD 

The fuck xD 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Jumping off a little ledge to a staircase in Enir-Ilim led me on a huge journey, down the secret paths of mori- the spire and to a secret weapon of the tower.

What weapon?

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I found it back when exploring the place. Those lion men are some bastards. XD 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Who is that on the left? 

You can find a painting of Nanya (Midra's wife, the one carrying the Frenzy Toch, and seems to have sent him on the path of inheriting the Frenzied flame) in his manse...and the painting depicts her with the same smile on Shabari's talisman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

My favorite piece of dialogue is Anbach's death quote. What a character. 

"Righteous Tarnished... Become our new lord.... A lord not for gods... but for men..."

I like the one at the start of the fight. Can’t remember the exact quote but it’s something along the lines of:

"General Radahn, a pleasure to see you after all this time. I am sorry, but that body does not belong to you… Lord Mohg will have his dignity."

I love his composed, respectful delivery. We know Miquella terrified him but he doesn’t let an ounce of fear show through in his voice. 

• Like 2