Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

@ColonelKillaBee By the way, I got the Fireknight Greatsword last time I played. Didn’t take long. Maybe five minutes at most.

You weren’t kidding. This thing is absolutely monstrous. Zweihänder but better in every way and with free fire damage. Gonna experiment with some Ashes of War, but I can already see why you said it might be one of the best weapons in the game.

I also managed to two of the Fireknight short swords. Which are basically just long daggers. Not something I expect to use much, if at all, but very cool all the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s funny but I don’t really agree. American VAs are often great. And english voice acting in Japanese games is usually kinda weak.

Igon just happens to be exceptional. XD 

Not Fromsoft games XD

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee By the way, I got the Fireknight Greatsword last time I played. Didn’t take long. Maybe five minutes at most.

You weren’t kidding. This thing is absolutely monstrous. Zweihänder but better in every way and with free fire damage. Gonna experiment with some Ashes of War, but I can already see why you said it might be one of the best weapons in the game.

I also managed to two of the Fireknight short swords. Which are basically just long daggers. Not something I expect to use much, if at all, but very cool all the same.

And the fix they did on it only affects pvp, its still a great weapon for pve

That said, I've since replaced it lol. xD But its super handy for sure.

Try it with the messmer ash of war that works like giant hunt. L2, then follow up with R2 to bitch slap people with flame, its sick.

edit: 

flame skewer

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Try it with the messmer ash of war that works like giant hunt. L2, then follow up with R2 to bitch slap people with flame, its sick.

edit: 

flame skewer

Will do. Thanks!

Guessing the weapon you replaced it with is the reward for beating Radahn?

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Will do. Thanks!

Guessing the weapon you replaced it with is the reward for beating Radahn?

hell yea it is xD But I can see some situations where I'll still be using my ol faithful. Especially in the base game.

Late game dlc i fought more enemies that required bigger weapons to deal with. This things great but sometimes you need the Dragonslayer. 

Did some pvp today in the arena, that fireknight sword with flame skewer combo is still very very good, its not broken but its like ds3 days lol, its very handy. Especially against the jumpy agile types

My radahn swords work against scrubs lol but not bonafide duelers. 

• Like 1

Won another round of duels against a guy that had very similar moves lol, with that spear the tree tenders have, same ash of war but he had better spells. I won tho cause i was tonkier

He did surprise kill me tho with a really fat fireball spell tho lol was funny, but after that it came down to who could win trades. I did easily. BASS CANNON GO BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I defeated Radahn! That was an epic fight. Definitely worthy of being the final boss.

Was insanely hard the first couple of attempts, but similar to the Putrescent Knight, he got substantially easier each with each subsequent attempt as I learned how to deal with his moves.

His holy magic in phase 2 was terrifying at first, but it becomes a lot less scary once you realize it’s mostly low damage. I just slapped on Marika’s braid talisman and mostly just ignored it to instead focus on dodging or blocking his swords.

But the gravity magic? That’s where the real difficulty came from. Wasn’t until my final attempt that I got to where I knew how to consistently evade several of those moves.

Very fun boss. I wouldn’t put him above Messmer or Midra, but he’s definitely on the upper end for this DLC.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I defeated Radahn! That was an epic fight. Definitely worthy of being the final boss.

Hide contents

Was insanely hard the first couple of attempts, but similar to the Putrescent Knight, he got substantially easier each with each subsequent attempt as I learned how to deal with his moves.

His holy magic in phase 2 was terrifying at first, but it becomes a lot less scary once you realize it’s mostly low damage. I just slapped on Marika’s braid talisman and mostly just ignored it to instead focus on dodging or blocking his swords.

But the gravity magic? That’s where the real difficulty came from. Wasn’t until my final attempt that I got to where I knew how to consistently evade several of those moves.

Very fun boss. I wouldn’t put him above Messmer or Midra, but he’s definitely on the upper end for this DLC.

Really great presentation. The cutscenes got me real fucking hyped; especially when Radahn took the fighting stance he used in the trailer! The little flashback to Miquella and Radahn as children is a great "cry for the devil moment too"; shows how he started out as just a little boy trying to make the world a better place. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:
  Hide contents

Really great presentation. The cutscenes got me real fucking hyped; especially when Radahn took the fighting stance he used in the trailer! The little flashback to Miquella and Radahn as children is a great "cry for the devil moment too"; shows how he started out as just a little boy trying to make the world a better place. 

For me it was the music. The epic choir just screamed "Radahn". Another of the best tracks in the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

For me it was the music. The epic choir just screamed "Radahn". Another of the best tracks in the game. 

The first portion of the soundtrack has the super masculine bass voice chanting "MIQUELLA!" at certain points, while the ethereal second portion has the occasional "Radahn!" being whispered XD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I have not. Heard it’s very good, though. 

That it is. Decided to grab it on the summer sale and it's incredibly fun. Has an interesting mix of stuff from BB, DS and Sekiro with a lot of it's on unique mechanics or ways it handles things. Graphically is wonderful and with HDR the lighting is even better. Bosses are fun, balanced well. I'm close to the end now myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The first portion of the soundtrack has the super masculine bass voice chanting "MIQUELLA!" at certain points, while the ethereal second portion has the occasional "Radahn!" being whispered XD 

Gayyyyyyy

Lol glad we can stop using spoiler tags finally lol

So now, miquella’s divine body and Ranni’s appearance. 

They both shed their flesh, and now have ethereal forms and a physical form, we know that before they become gods that can exert some free will, they must remove themselves from their “other half”, so that begs the question, who is ranni’s other half. Is it Melina? That would make the most sense.

To add to that, Melina is burned/charred.

just like ranni’s old flesh.

• Haha 2

And now that we know Radagon really was born from Marika and is her second half, a lot more of this lore makes sense. For one, how could Melina be of Radagon and Marika while Ranni is of Radagon and Rellana if they’re the same person.

well Radagon being Marika literally how st trina and miquella are answers that easily enough

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

we know that before they become gods that can exert some free will, they must remove themselves from their “other half”

I don’t believe this is the case. Miquella doesn’t shed his other half because it’s necessary to become a god. He sheds it, along with basically everything else of his identity (as seen at his crosses throughout the DLC) because he discovered the secrets of Marika’s past, how her trauma les her to become vengeful and ruthless, and how that resulted in her Golden Order being instilled with hatred and prejudice.

It terrified him. And so in his own pursuit of godhood, Miquella discarded everything, love, passion, fear, doubt, etc. to remove from himself even the capacity to repeat his mother’s mistakes. But as the ghosts say, he went too far and removed too much. Many who supported his ascent abandoned him when he discarded Trina.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t believe this is the case. Miquella doesn’t shed his other half because it’s necessary to become a god. He sheds it, along with basically everything else of his identity (as seen at his crosses throughout the DLC) because he discovered the secrets of Marika’s past, how her trauma les her to become vengeful and ruthless, and how that resulted in her Golden Order being instilled with hatred and prejudice.

It terrified him. And so in his own pursuit of godhood, Miquella discarded everything, love, passion, fear, doubt, etc. to remove from himself even the capacity to repeat his mother’s mistakes. But as the ghosts say, he went too far and removed too much. Many who supported his ascent abandoned him when he discarded Trina.

There is a pattern though of empyrians doing this, Ranni does it, Miquella does it and Marika does it, whether these other halves are them all along or became them.

I think the whole shadow thing mirrors this process too. 

Btw what is the significance of miquella looking exactly like Serosh on Radahns back xD Like exactly the same. 

Symbolism of taming and control? The same way the greater will did to Godfrey? 

• Like 1

My theory, Marika's influence manifested as Serosh, and thats why miquella looked like this, because Marika could also compel people to do her bidding perhaps.

Direct control vs being loved forcibly. 

• Like 1

Concerning the discussion of Metyr:

Elden Remembrance | Elden Ring Wiki (fextralife.com)

Remembrance of the Elden Beast, hewn into the Erdtree.

The power of its namesake can be unlocked by the Finger Reader.
Alternatively, it can be used to gain a great bounty of runes.

It was the vassal beast of the Greater Will and living incarnation of the concept of Order.

So I dont think Metyr is calling the shots and I dont believe that the elden beast is just a creature doing its own bidding etc like Metyr, because of this description.

You could say its just an echo since it says vassal, but a vassal and stand in to the greater will could be interpreted as an aspect of and literally the greater will itself.

But of course thats up for debate. I do think that is the case and it overshadowed metyr as the vassal, basically another succession crisis and conflict amongst themselves. She was replaced with an agent of direct control.