Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Eat my ass lol enjoy dying 30 times xD

My bro came in here and said the same thing while he used an op bleed weapon art spamming ash of war build

All of you can eat my ass, I did it on a harder difficulty alone, 7 tries, Im better than you xD 

You used something far more busted. And it still took seven tries. Literally the worst Elden Ring player I’ve ever heard of. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He also didnt realize there's an item you find earlier in the game that helps you with the fight.

Reveal hidden contents

his great rune erases his gay charm

Kind of

It gives you a single chance against it. If he hits you a second time, he "steals your heart" 

• Confused 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Kind of

Hide contents

It gives you a single chance against it. If he hits you a second time, he "steals your heart" 

i didnt test it to see how many times it works in the fight, but it says its reusable.

I only used it once tho

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

*bites lip* say baby, who said you could pay for your own drinks in my town. *stroke my beard* Oh who am I? Im the Elden Lord *dtc* *bites lip* Come over to my crib and let me rule your lands between, heh. *bites lip* Im your promised consort tonight, feel me. heh

I the true Elden Lord, Bardok Red-Snow have a video for you plebs

Fast forward to the last part that says "I was wrong about the dlc" cause its four hours long lol.

Now THAT is cheesy XD

The weird thing about these weapons at the end:

despite what the stats say, faith increases the damage to the ash of war, while the weapon requirements increase the physical damage. It doesnt tell you that though, which is odd.

Has good synergy with your Excalibur sword.

• Like 1

Good job Colonel. Ignore the plebs, if your experience was anywhere near mine it would have been impossible in phase 2 without greatshield due to how laggy it is (or was as the newest patch mentions some performance fixes).

• Like 1

No idea if it was lag or not because the attacks were going off so fast i had to rest my eyes xD

Also I was wrong here:

38 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The weird thing about these weapons at the end:

Reveal hidden contents

despite what the stats say, faith increases the damage to the ash of war, while the weapon requirements increase the physical damage. It doesnt tell you that though, which is odd.

Has good synergy with your Excalibur sword.

Its just that the intelligence scaling sucks ass and you can get almost max damage just having dexterity or strength at 60 or higher, and imo its not really worth investing in both or all three, etc. Damage boost is minimal doing that.

Midra. Cool boss. Spooky.

This was my second favorite boss fight in the DLC (after Messmer) and another top one for Elden Ring overall. Dude had health for days, but at least he wasn’t spammy and his attacks were all well-telegraphed. Another fight that had a really good, balanced, cadence to it.

Beyond that, the presentation was fantastic. I loved the horror level buildup, the ruined manse, and even how "Phase 1" was just bullying an old cripple. XD Makes the triggering of the Chaos Flame feel diegetic. Like we were the final straw that broke the suffering camel’s back.

Very cool lore as well. And the torch… :rofl: That is a hilarious item. I need to make a point to return here on my Frenzied Flame character ASAP so I can get all these new toys. After all:

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

There can only be one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Besides all the buildup, and the fact it was literally called "Abyssal Woods", I had a bad feeling that some scary enemies were coming when I found a "Winter Lantern Fly" on a tree shortly after arriving. Immediately gave me some Bloodborne flashbacks. Didn’t take long for the fears to come true. Nice subtle way to hint at what was to come.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This was my second favorite boss fight in the DLC (after Messmer) and another top one for Elden Ring overall. Dude had health for days, but at least he wasn’t spammy and his attacks were all well-telegraphed. Another fight that had a really good, balanced, cadence to it.

Beyond that, the presentation was fantastic. I loved the horror level buildup, the ruined manse, and even how "Phase 1" was just bullying an old cripple. XD Makes the triggering of the Chaos Flame feel diegetic. Like we were the final straw that broke the suffering camel’s back.

Very cool lore as well. And the torch… :rofl: That is a hilarious item. I need to make a point to return here on my Frenzied Flame character ASAP so I can get all these new toys. After all:

Bingo. The dark woods. The sight of the mansion shrouded in fog. The dilapidated ruins. The portraits. The secret passages. The wailing. The ghosts. The music. The infestation of rats in the wall. THEY EVEN DID THE TORN DIARY PAGE THING. Felt like I had stepped out of Elden Ring, and was playing Amnesia or something. It's one of the coolest tributes to Gothic Horror they could have done. Just a really well-made level. And super unique. 

And yeah 

Boss subtitle:

LORD OF THE FRENZIED FLAME. Holy fucking shit. Easily one of the best bosses in ER. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 8:56 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll probably play it a year later then beat the guy everyone else struggled with in 3-6 tries only to die 60 times to someone everyone else thought was easy

On 6/26/2024 at 10:34 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

this did not age well lmao

Redeemed baby.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

The few Frenzied Flame weapons/tools also require intelligence XD

That's why I deleted my shitty pure int/faith character and remade it as a 'Frenzied Paladin' using both Golden Order incantations and the frenzied flame spells, alongside enough strength and dex for greatswords and the like. Highly recommend doing a build like that, it's very fun.

The boss was incredible, the buildup elevated this failed lord of frenzied flame.

• Like 2

I really really wish the incantation wasn't garbage though ;-;

It's way cooler looking then Unendurable Frenzy, but is worse in every single aspect. Imagine if that spell was instead either the enormous frenzied explosion or the laser beam. Damn you From!

Best fight for me, Messmer for sure both thematically and the fight itself. It loses points for some cheapness in phase two but its forgiven, since when you level up the damage you gain makes the whole fight much more bearable.

Runner ups, the final boss and then Bayle. I cant elaborate on the final till Doc is done.

Worst bosses, dancing lion for being repeated with annoying cheese lol and otherwise being pretty easy. So part 2 lion fight is the worst imo.

Runner ups, the hippo was kinda dumb, coulda been much better choices for one of two entry points to their best dungeon/keep. Commander Gaius of course gets thrown in there as well. I really got tired of fighting mounted enemies, and this was the worst. I look forward to seeing if that opinion changes tho now that they adjusted both this and the hippo fight.

edit: Actually I'll put Bayle above the final. I think it honestly had better buildup, and thats also a big reason why Messmer is my number 1.

• Like 1