Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And yeah it really resembles the ASOIF fandom. Kind of uncannily

The ASoIaF fandom is nothing like this Tumbler weirdness. It’s a much bigger corner of the FromSoft fandom probably because of Japan. XD 

The ASoIaF fandom has a fairly unique identity that has shifted in phases.

In the golden years, it was a super lively and passionate community full of colorful theories and lots of fun "who would win" type stuff and arguments about who is the best Great House, etc.

Then after TWoW took way too long it became more shitposty, ans increasingly wild theories (Preston Jacobs deserves lots of credit for this) ruled the day. Stuff like "Tyrion = Dany and Drogo’s time traveling fetus". XD 

Then after the TV show went to shit and the book was still nowhere in sight, all the fun dried up and it devolved into a community of depressed assholes who have given up all hope of seeing their favorite series completed. Most the passionate people gave up and left, and the remainder are a sad lot. HotD has restored a little life, but not nearly enough.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

An easy but fair boss like Horah Lioux for instance was substantially more difficult imo the second time around, same goes for elden beast and placidusax.

What’s funny is that according to the wiki, it isn’t universally scaled. NG+ tunes up the early game content far more than it does the late game. So high level players can find challenge in places like Limgrave, but enemies in Faram Azula, for instance, gets a relatively smaller buff, because it is already challenging to high level players by default.

Going off base game, I have not found NG+ all that different either. But I never went more than +1 so I can totally believe it gets there the more you stack on. 

Actually, looking at the multiplier tables now, I see why it gets substantially harder with each NG+ level after the first. Because they multiply off of the numbers from the previous NG level, rather than the original. So instead of adding the same amount every time, it actually adds more every time than the previous. 

So besides in early areas, the gap between NG and NG+1 isn’t that big. But the gap Between NG+1 and NG+2 is a little bigger, and the gap between +2 and +3 is even bigger, and so on to the point that the gap between NG+6 and NG+7 is downright huge. No wonder your brother finds it so tough. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It mentions the Blood Fiends were driven underground by the Hornsent; and that their pact with the formless mother enabled their survival in the new environment (kind of like the Falmer, but less sinister on the Dwemer's part).  If she is impartial; in a setting where divine intervention is often a bad thing, I don't take it as a bad thing XD

She is a source of power and strength, allowing for violence more than anything. Whether that’s good or bad would depend on who invokes her, I imagine. It was once good for Mohg and later became absolutely terrible.

Heck, I could say the same of Scarlet Rot. It was god for the shrimp dudes and enabled their survival. XD I don’t think they’re much less sympathetic than the hostile and violent Blood Fiends.

…. They’re called Blood Fiends.

I dunno I dont believe this tbh Ive seen other people say the same about fights like godfrey, I think their scaling is affecting certain aspects more than others in ways they're not listing, same as how they claim the bosses dont learn from your fights after death when we know they do, and its reset either after quitting or over time, not sure.

Cause Ive seen other people also stating that Godfrey is way tougher than his base game variant. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dunno I dont believe this tbh Ive seen other people say the same about fights like godfrey, I think their scaling is affecting certain aspects more than others in ways they're not listing, same as how they claim the bosses dont learn from your fights after death when we know they do, and its reset either after quitting or over time, not sure.

Cause Ive seen other people also stating that Godfrey is way tougher than his base game variant. 

I mean, people have datamined the game pretty thoroughly at this point. I assume the numbers are accurate. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I mean, people have datamined the game pretty thoroughly at this point. I assume the numbers are accurate. 

They have and also dont those vs battles which is why i hold my position.

Just beat Radahn + Miquella. Guys, I have no idea what all the fuss was about. Might’ve actually been the easiest boss of the DLC after the Lion. Literally just roll forward and almost every attack misses.

Took two tries. Could’ve got him in one but I wasn’t expecting the explosion. 

I was also NG+7 and had all 14 of my flasks allocated into mana.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just beat Radahn + Miquella. Guys, I have no idea what all the fuss was about. Might’ve actually been the easiest boss of the DLC after the Lion. Literally just roll forward and almost every attack misses.

I can't tell if this is real or bait XD

• Sad 1

Unrelated to my mighty and completely nonfictional conquest, I did find a couple interesting things earlier today.

-Messmer’s helm can be altered to remove the red hair, which makes it far more badass and lets you be Daemon Targaryen.

-Ymir’s robe can be altered to become… freaking creepy. I won’t spoil it, but do yourselves a favor and go alter it next time you’re at a site of grace. I want to know what you think. XD 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Lmao

I love phase 1 when it's just pure git gud territory. But phase 2 is lagging my PC hard, it makes dodging the scary shit impossible. So I when I finally gave up trying, I just plopped on a greatshield and rapier, got it that try real easily :rofl:

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Lmao

I love phase 1 when it's just pure git gud territory. But phase 2 is lagging my PC hard, it makes dodging the scary shit impossible. So I when I finally gave up trying, I just plopped on a greatshield and rapier, got it that try real easily :rofl:

Major DLC ending spoilers

I haven’t fought them yet. I am just shitposting while at work. XD 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Obviously it’s because he hasn’t changed his name to Let Me Solo Them. Ain’t specced for it. 

:rofl: if this is because of Miquella this is genius

edit: Let me solo Zim

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Haha 2