Soulsborne Thread #13

Favorite of the Golden Lineage  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Demigod of the Golden line?

• Godwyn the Golden
    • Godrick the Grafted
    • Morgott the Omen King
    • Mohg, Lord of Blood

Also, I took a break from Messmer to explore the ruins of Rauh a little and I’ve gotta say, I love the look of this area, with the lush jungle greenery overtaking the temple ruins. It’s got some of the prettiest spots in the game and that is saying a lot. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, I took a break from Messmer to explore the ruins of Rauh a little and I’ve gotta say, I love the look of this area, with the lush jungle greenery overtaking the temple ruins. It’s got some of the prettiest spots in the game and that is saying a lot. 

I really wanted a jungle environment, and this is the closest so I'll take it XD 

• Haha 2

I beat Messmer!  :BeastSlain:

Man oh man, what a cool boss fight. It took me quite a few tries but never felt unfair or frustrating, never kept me waiting ten minutes for an opening to punish. The patterns were all consistent and readable, but still required a lot of skill and timing to survive. There is a great "flow" to fight once you learn it, like Maria, and it is so satisfying once you do. Easily my new favorite boss in Elden Ring, and one of my favorites in any From game. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Man oh man, what a cool boss fight. It took me quite a few tries but never felt unfair or frustrating, never kept me waiting ten minutes for an opening to punish. The patterns were all consistent and readable, but still required a lot of skill and timing to survive. There is a great "flow" to fight once you learn it, like Maria, and it is so satisfying once you do. Easily my new favorite boss in Elden Ring, and one of my favorites in any From game. 

I'm glad, even with some of the more mixed fights, they nailed the mascot encounter at least XD His design and lore deserved such an amazing fight. 

• Like 1

Something just clicked for me. One of the bigger questions back in the day was why Morgott and Mohg seemed to be working together at least to safeguard the Frenzied Flame.

Pre-Miquellested Mohg must have been an ally to Morgott as he also does not list him as a traitor to the Erdtree :cry:

Damn you Miquella!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If it wasn't for the enormous spectacle of BAYLE THE DREAAAAD, Messmer would be my favorite boss. As it stands he's tied with Radahn as my number 2

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Something just clicked for me. One of the bigger questions back in the day was why Morgott and Mohg seemed to be working together at least to safeguard the Frenzied Flame.

Pre-Miquellested Mohg must have been an ally to Morgott as he also does not list him as a traitor to the Erdtree :cry:

Damn you Miquella!

I always figured it was a matter of shared priority. Can’t take over the world if it gets burned down.

But that logic should’ve applied to everyone. This makes a lot more sense. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I always figured it was a matter of shared priority. Can’t take over the world if it gets burned down.

But that logic should’ve applied to everyone. This makes a lot more sense. 

Sir Ansbach should have gone to Morgott for aid ;-;

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If it wasn't for the enormous spectacle of BAYLE THE DREAAAAD, Messmer would be my favorite boss. As it stands he's tied with Radahn as my number 2

Bayle is indeed maximum spectacle. :lol: Probably the coolest buildup From has ever done for a single boss. It’s the mechanics and flow of Messmer’s fight that pushes it to the top for me.

As it stands, I think my tops are

-Messmer
-Maliketh
-Bayle
-Godrick
-Radahn

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Sir Ansbach should have gone to Morgott for aid ;-;

He probably would’ve given it too. :( But it sounds like Ansbach acted quickly after Miquella got Mohg, so he probably never had a chance to regroup and strategize before getting bewitched himself.

What sucks is that the only way to reach Miquella is through Mohg. So it really seems like there never was any hope of saving him unless Miquella willingly ended the charm… which he does do, but not while Mohg lives.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He probably would’ve given it too. :( But it sounds like Ansbach acted quickly after Miquella got Mohg, so he probably never had a chance to regroup and strategize before getting bewitched himself.

What sucks is that the only way to reach Miquella is through Mohg. So it really seems like there never was any hope of saving him unless Miquella willingly ended the charm… which he does do, but not while Mohg lives.

Given the order of events, Morgott would have been too busy protecting Leyndell too. As Mohg (and Sir Ansbach, who physically cut Miquella out of the Haligtree) took Miquella during the Shattering War.

Morgott would have either been too busy dealing with Godefroy, Rykard or Radahn and their armies.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bayle is indeed maximum spectacle. :lol: Probably the coolest buildup From has ever done for a single boss. For me, it’s the mechanics and flow of Messmer’s fight that pushes it to the top. 

As it stands, I think my tops are

-Messmer
-Maliketh
-Bayle
-Godrick
-Radahn

Lmao, you're placing Godrick above Radahn?!

Granted I love that grafted bastard, but I'm guessing you mean Godfrey

The Backhand Blades with default AoW are some of my dearest friends at this point. After trying out quite a few different weapons against Messmer, those bad boys are what finally did the job. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Given the order of events, Morgott would have been too busy protecting Leyndell too. As Mohg (and Sir Ansbach, who physically cut Miquella out of the Haligtree) took Miquella during the Shattering War.

Morgott would have either been too busy dealing with Godefroy, Rykard or Radahn and their armies.

Wasn’t it near the end of the war, though? I can’t remember where I got this from, but I was under the impression that Miquella was kidnapped close to when Malenia fought Radahn, which was one of the final battles of the Shattering. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Backhand Blades with default AoW are some of my dearest friends at this point. After trying out quite a few different weapons against Messmer, those bad boys are what finally did the job. 

First time beating Messmer for me was with Shamshir XD

Small curved swords are a good counter to him.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wasn’t it near the end of the war, though? I can’t remember where I got this from, but I was under the impression that Miquella was kidnapped close to when Malenia fought Radahn, which was one of the final battles of the Shattering. 

You're right about that. Not that Malenia would have stopped Mohg, being she either was bewitched too or more likely just had unwavering faith in her brother.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Lmao, you're placing Godrick above Radahn?!

Granted I love that grafted bastard, but I'm guessing you mean Godfrey

I meant Godrick. :lol:  He’s not as impressive a figure as the others, but after quite a few replays, I found myself really enjoying his boss fight, mechanically. It is nice and challenging for the intended level without any BS attacks.

• Like 1

Of course in the end, Miquella would have cast aside his love for Malenia so it doesn't matter. What began with his desire to cure her affliction ended with her being just another pawn in his machinations.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

GRP7vmuaUAAs52m.thumb.jpg.54147e546b1bfc768fdead3d37390f20.jpg

My new favorite meme XD

"Smash me with your meteor brother ÚwÙ"

"Leonard, call the police."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You're right about that. Not that Malenia would have stopped Mohg, being she either was bewitched too or more likely just had unwavering faith in her brother.

In that case, Morgott might not have been too busy after all.

Rykard’s forces would have already been pushed back and beaten down at Mt. Gelmir, while Malenia and Radahn were busy killing each other and would soon be out of the picture if they weren’t already.

Godefroy is long since locked up, and Godrick is cowering and down to an army of mostly exiles and mercenaries.

• Like 1

The fact that Consort Radahn is just so emotionless during the battle, being completely silent. While Radahn even with his brain melted from the rot still screamed, grunted and made noises during the battle.

There's just nothing going on in Consortdahn's mins. Because if there was he'd HORAH LOUX Miquella straight off his back then have a beer with the Tarnished.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The fact that Consort Radahn is just so emotionless during the battle, being completely silent. While Radahn even with his brain melted from the rot still screamed, grunted and made noises during the battle.

There's just nothing going on in Consortdahn's mins. Because if there was he'd HORAH LOUX Miquella straight off his back then have a beer with the Tarnished.

There's cut Radahn dialogue that imply it can think; but it certainly had been made to be more conformative. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

In that case, Morgott might not have been too busy after all.

Rykard’s forces would have already been pushed back and beaten down at Mt. Gelmir, while Malenia and Radahn were busy killing each other and would soon be out of the picture.

Godefroy is long since locked up, and Godrick is cowering and down to an army of mostly exiles and mercenaries.

I think it's because there wasn't anybody to call upon Morgott at that point either. Mohg and Sir Ansbach are under Miquella's power, and either the White Masks would have or soon to be overtaken the dynasty.

By the time Morgott might have learnt any of this, he was too busy to try and help his brother. There is a huge amount of Tarnished blood on his and his followers hands. Just from one of the Banished Knights alone killing over a hundred traitors.