House of the Dragon Spoiler Thread #1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Have you ever considered a job at Sweet Baby Inc? XD 

I dont like purple haired bitches unfortunately XD

I get how Dovahkiin got a dragon but how the hell did that other one go for Ulf the Oaf of all people lmfao.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

10 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

No love for my rap, bitches? XD 

And more like corn fed Dovahkiin lol that guys awesome

I didn’t want to say it before because it would’ve spoiled that the random blacksmith had a big role to play, but Hugh is one of my favorite characters from the book. An absolute badass. XD 

Plus, I believe what he said to his wife about his parentage would mean that he is Daemon’s first cousin. He is actually more Targaryen than Jace by blood, and has the silver hair, and rides the second biggest dragon. Make’s Jace’s worries about giving dragons to bastards seem all the more valid.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I get how Dovahkiin got a dragon but how the hell did that other one go for Ulf the Oaf of all people lmfao.

I bet it’s a matter of temperament. That dragon seemed more playful and less serious and murdery than Vermithor, and Ulf seemed so dejected in that moment that he was also ready to accept his death, a totally different type of fearless. But I think Silverwing liked him from the start.

By comparison, Vermithor might be the fiercest dragon alive. You could tell he respected Hugh.

Hard not to. Man wasn’t only a badass; he’s also a freaking hero. He straight up saved that woman by roaring down a dragon, totally expecting to die from it. What a legend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You say "unfortunately", I say "for your own good". :P Speaking of crazy-ass bitches, Rhaenyra had that minor key violin playing while she watched those people burn. The universal cinema sign of a character going crazy. XD 

She definitely crossed a big moral threshold today. It looks like it will pay off hugely for the war, but I think this was the first time we’ve seen her do something truly awful. I think after going this far, we’ll see her more willing to be ruthless going forward.

• Haha 1

By the way, the scene with Daemon and the Riverlords was fantastic. Man is learning how to be king before our eyes, realizing that his brute force and Targaryen blood just can’t get him everything he wants. Lil gangster Oscar Tully straight up game of thrones’d his ass, playing all weak and scared and then flipping the script at the perfect moment to force his hand.

Oscar seems to be playing the same card with Daemon that Simon does, letting him feel more powerful than he is to keep him in check. Kid was well-trained.

Following that scene with Viserys talking about how much a burden it is to be king, and Daemon looking at the crown like he’s no longer sure if he wants it was perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

You say "unfortunately", I say "for your own good". :P Speaking of crazy-ass bitches, Rhaenyra had that minor key violin playing while she watched those people burn. The universal cinema sign of a character going crazy. XD 

She definitely crossed a big moral threshold today. It looks like it will pay off hugely for the war, but I think this was the first time we’ve seen her do something truly awful. I think after going this far, we’ll see her more willing to be ruthless going forward.

By truly awful I think you mean she finally started thinking like a fucking man and showed she has what it takes to win the iron throne XD 

They went from useless bastards, almost beggars to motherfucking dragon lords. Moral shmoral.

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

By the way, the scene with Daemon and the Riverlords was fantastic. Man is learning how to be king before our eyes, realizing that his brute force and Targaryen blood just can’t get him everything he wants. Lil gangster Oscar Tully straight up game of thrones’d his ass, playing all weak and scared and then flipping the script at the perfect moment to force his hand.

Oscar seems to be playing the same card with Daemon that Simon does, letting him feel more powerful than he is to keep him in check. Kid was well-trained.

Following that scene with Viserys talking about how much a burden it is to be king, and Daemon looking at the crown like he’s no longer sure if he wants it was perfect. 

I also loved this scene and was proud of that kid, he had soo much balls and is smart as hell, well played.

• Like 2

And tbh he did Daemon a favor cause without that stunt I doubt their unity would last. It still may not, but it has a better chance to now, both with justice being served and with the lad gaining respect. Win win

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

And tbh he did Daemon a favor cause without that stunt I doubt their unity would last. It still may not, but it has a better chance to now, both with justice being served and with the lad gaining respect. Win win

Agreed. Daemon got almost exactly what he wanted, just not the way he wanted to get it. He had to swallow his pride, which is important for a king to be able to do. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. Daemon got almost exactly what he wanted, just not the way he wanted to get it. He had to swallow his pride, which is important for a king to be able to do. 

Personally, having been in those shoes, I hate those moments XD I call them Austin moments. But I agree it was good for him lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wat

Any time some super badass guy who tries to badass his way through a situation but has to address a very realistic yet annoying issue especially associated with morality and small folk, I call it an Austin moment XD this whole side quest of Daemons is like Baldur running into a castle all played by your characters lol

Now hold on there mr dragon kin of cinder sir, we still gotta divy up this here barley evenly amongst the common folk. It’s tradition ever since the great grey mustache of Rivendell came here on a camel in ol years eve. And his grandsire before him signed a treatise that said each ol family of Rivendell must be given their fair share of barley before any dragon lord of cinder can lay claim to our warriors of yore. *raises bushy brow* 

Then you can breathe all the flashy fire ye want.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Any time some super badass guy who tries to badass his way through a situation but has to address a very realistic yet annoying issue especially associated with morality and small folk, I call it an Austin moment XD this whole side quest of Daemons is like Baldur running into a castle all played by your characters lol

Now hold on there mr dragon kin of cinder sir, we still gotta divy up this here barley evenly amongst the common folk. It’s tradition ever since the great grey mustache of Rivendell came here on a camel in ol years eve. And his grandsire before him signed a treatise that said each ol family of Rivendell must be given their fair share of barley before any dragon lord of cinder can play claim to our warriors of yore. *raises bushy brow* 

This might be the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. 

• Haha 1

I have no idea what you two are talking about, but this was a pretty awesome episode. I was proud of little man Tully, playing Daemon and the riverlords like a chorus of fiddles. Definitely the ancestor of Hoster and the Blackfish. 

That horror feast was perfectly awful, especially since Rhaenyra knew exactly what would happen. Ser Hugh the Badass saves at least one and claims the nastiest dragon in the realm. It makes you wonder how the Targaryens sealed their bargain with the dragons. You get the feeling that Vernithor has done this before.

Apparently Larys has decided he would rather sacrifice Aemond and elevate a crippled Aegon- not warning him about a new dragon rider almost led him into Rhaenyra's trap.

• Like 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

4 hours ago, Celan said:

I was proud of little man Tully, playing Daemon and the riverlords like a chorus of fiddles. Definitely the ancestor of Hoster and the Blackfish. 

It was high time a Lord Tully got his due after the other show did my boy Edmure so dirty. 

4 hours ago, Celan said:

It makes you wonder how the Targaryens sealed their bargain with the dragons. You get the feeling that Vernithor has done this before.

The Valyrian houses were said to use lots of blood magic and such. I have a feeling there were many rituals involved. 

If I recall correctly, Rhaenyra sent the dragonseeds to Vermithor one at a time in the book, which is honestly the smarter and more efficient way to do it as any number of good candidates like Hugh could’ve gotten caught in the crossfire.

But that said, I think it makes some sense she’d do it like this in the show because it came right after Addam told her that Seasmoke chose him. I reckon that instead of getting some random to "claim" Vermithor, she was hoping the dragon would choose its favorite out of the crowd. Definitely made for a good horror scene. Reminded me of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It was high time a Lord Tully got his due after the other show did my boy Edmure so dirty. 

But that said, I think it makes some sense she’d do it like this in the show because it came right after Addam told her that Seasmoke chose him. I reckon that instead of getting some random to "claim" Vermithor, she was hoping the dragon would choose its favorite out of the crowd. Definitely made for a good horror scene. Reminded me of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

Edmure is kind of a fuck-up in the books too but he is at least honorable. The show did what the show does, ruin everything.

Rhaenyra must have known what would happen to the ones that didn't get chosen. The show's version is much more bloodthirsty, so maybe she's doing a Daenerys turn? Hopefully not as hamfisted as GoT.

About Viserys' appearance- it's pretty clear they did the switch from a corpse-like Viserys to a corpse-like Aegon just after Viserys says "the crown crushes whoever wears it." I almost feel sorry for the little prick, being Larys' puppet.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Another thing about that Rhaenyra scene that I find chilling- she obviously ordered the soldiers to stop anyone from fleeing. I think she knew what would happen hence "Red Sowing." 

• Like 1

I liked book Edmure. He was the only high lord to actively shelter small folk in his castle to protect them from the Lannister raids. His one screwup was attacking the Mountain’s host at the mill, but that was partially Robb’s fault for not letting him in on the plan. He’s new to ruling, but I think he’ll be a good lord if he survives. Got that rare compassion like Ned.

I think Rhaenyra is on track. It’s been gradual, but you can tell that she’s doing this stuff out of growing desperation rather than a sudden inexplicable loss of sanity and personality flip like we had with Daenerys.

38 minutes ago, Celan said:

About Viserys' appearance- it's pretty clear they did the switch from a corpse-like Viserys to a corpse-like Aegon just after Viserys says "the crown crushes whoever wears it." I almost feel sorry for the little prick, being Larys' puppet.

You’re right. Aegon is even confined to the same bed that at Viserys died in. Lots of parallels there.

I honestly do feel sorry for him. It’s similar to Theon; bad as he is, you can understand how he got that way with the odds so stacked against him turning out decent. Makes him a sad but compelling villain. 

This video is quite critical of the writing. I think they go too far making comparisons to Rings of Power (!) but I can see some of the criticisms. I personally have found that Daemon's story was dragging until this last episode.

One thing I noticed is that they gave a brief shot of the black goat again in Harrenhal.

I read that the black goat is a symbol for The Stranger and is his representation in Qohor, which is made up of religious dissidents from Valyria, who would have been opposed to the dragon lords. They feed him condemned criminals and sometimes noble children which is an ominous foreshadowing for Daemon.

It makes me wonder if Alys is really working against him or is using him for her own ends or what.

• Like 1