House of the Dragon Spoiler Thread #1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This seems like a good place to bring this up. @Celan GRRM just unveiled a new series of covers ASoIaF.

GSJGt3lWYAAzcTl?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love the designs, but have no idea why they’d do a new set before Winds is finished and able to be included. 

If I had any optimism left in me at all, I’d think this meant that Winds is about done, will be in this style, and so they’re preemptively releasing a set for it to match with. But realistically, it’s probably just to try and capitalize on House of the Dragon season 2 to sell more books. :/ 

Respect the hustle bro

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Unlike Hillary, Rhaenys likes black people 

It’s funny, when I read that she was like Hillary I was like "yeah, she’s entitled as hell and kills innocents with no accountability or remorse". XD 

But when the actress and producer said she’s like Hillary, they meant it as a compliment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

She cucked the Velaryons and made them accept Very Strong bastards as heirs xD

Two lol. Its humiliating and she might not have been throwing it around the city but she was by noble standards definitely loose.

Wait didnt she have three bastards actually.

Yea she did lmao come on. I know her husband was pathetic and gay but still. I dont see Daemons wife who he killed going around having bastards. It may not exactly be all her fault but it doesnt look good for her either.

Them bastard babies is why she looks like a whore to me and clearly to her enemies as well.

Laena didn’t have to spread it around because her husband wasn’t gay.

Rhaenyra’s enemies consider her a ho because they’re extremely backward about women and sex. So. XD 

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

This seems like a good place to bring this up. @Celan GRRM just unveiled a new series of covers ASoIaF.

GSJGt3lWYAAzcTl?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love the designs, but have no idea why they’d do a new set before Winds is finished and able to be included. 

If I had any optimism left in me at all, I’d think this meant that Winds is about done, will be in this style, and so they’re preemptively releasing a set for it to match with. But realistically, it’s probably just to try and capitalize on House of the Dragon season 2 to sell more books. :/ 

Fuck GRRM

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

49 minutes ago, Celan said:

Rhaenyra’s enemies consider her a ho because they’re extremely backward about women and sex. So. XD 

Also because it benefits them politically to do so. That’s usually the underlying reason why Otto does anything.

I honestly don’t blame Rhaenyra so much for hooking up with Harwin when her husband wouldn’t do the job. Her big mistake was refusing to acknowledge the children as bastards afterwards.

Had she done so, the Strong boys could’ve still lived reasonably good lives and her eventual sons with Daemon would have been the indisputable true heirs. Things would’ve been much more cut and dry.

What I do blame Rhaenyra for is seducing Cole. Because that was just recklessly putting a man’s life at great risk and getting him to dishonor himself only because she was thirsty, wanted some forbidden fruit, and Daemon rejected her.

Course, Cole deserves a lot of blame too for being a lovestruck imbecile who couldn’t tell what she was obviously doing, but at least his dumbass did it because he thought she loved him, not because he was just feeling a little thirsty that night.

• Like 1

Gotta say, on a rewatch, I liked Corlys way more than I remembered. His relationship with the Strong boys is one of the most wholesome things in the entire show.

I particularly like the scene where he goes all "Mufasa" to Luke's "Simba", proudly describing how everything he has will one day pass to him, only for Luke to get sad because that would mean that Corlys has died.

And then later when Rhaenys is pissed about the inheritance of the boys, Corlys defends them and says that he will not subject them to any more torment when so many others have already done so. Basically declaring he will be a grandfather to them whether they share blood or not. Legacy matters to him, but he loves the kids enough that he is happy to let them carry his legacy regardless of who their real father was.

He started as an overly ambitious power grabber, but later in life he develops into a pretty stand up guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Celan said:

Laena didn’t have to spread it around because her husband wasn’t gay.

lmfao ok sure xD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Elden Ring has lots of ASoiaF imagery, not the other way around. 

Thats literally not what you said yourself on the phone lol and we dont know that since the game's been in development longer than 2022, and the dlc itself even more recent

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

You yourself said it had planned imagery planted for elden ring lol

I said that I think the launches of this season and the DLC were aimed to coincide, and that stuff in the game like Messmer’s helmet were based on designs in this series. 

But the majority of the designs in the show are based on the books and go back way before ER. 

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You know this show has a ton of Elden Ring imagery right

;) thanks GRRM

Whatever 

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

I am all fuckin in for king/regent aemond! It is not looking good for the blacks XD jesus

I think that Small Council scene was my favorite of the episode. Definitely one of them, at least.  

• Like 1

The ending leaves me hopeful, Daemon is making some progress finally lol tho I am annoyed at how tied up with his sidequest he is rn, and Jace is picking up the slack nicely. But yea ngl team black is lookin a bit pathetic. 

Aemond rn is rolling in the wins, but Im afraid for him, sitting on that accursed throne in both the literal sense and the man to beat a la dragon riders.

• Haha 1

On the topic of Green wins, this episode emphasized something that we already knew but haven’t really heard much on lately: the Greens’ army that’s been marching around taking castles under Criston Cole is not even remotely their full strength. It’s just the army they threw together from the Crownlands Houses and the Targaryens’ own men at Kings Landing, neither of which is that sizable.

Their biggest military houses by far are the Hightowers and the Lannisters (biggest in all Westeros if I’m not mistaken), who are still on their way but getting closer by the day. And now that the Riverlords have all given a unanimous "fuck you" to Daemon (except the Blackwoods but they are just one minor house, and the Freys who just joined thanks to Jace), things are looking reeeeally bad for the Blacks. XD 

Honestly, Rhaenyra is incredibly lucky to have Jace and Corlys, because those two are hard carrying her team right now. Daemon, in typical Daemon fashion, scored a short term victory at long term cost. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The ending leaves me hopeful, Daemon is making some progress finally lol tho I am annoyed at how tied up with his sidequest he is rn, and Jace is picking up the slack nicely. But yea ngl team black is lookin a bit pathetic. 

Aemond rn is rolling in the wins, but Im afraid for him, sitting on that accursed throne in both the literal sense and the man to beat a la dragon riders.

Leave the man alone, he's looking for Blight town. It's important XD

• Haha 2