America in Flames: Electric Boogaloo (the politics thread)

12 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Took forty years too long, but that is indeed huge. I hope the lawsuits start flooding in.

This: 

"The Supreme Court’s three liberals dissented, saying courts will now play a “commanding role” that Congress has not given them."

The audacity of this statement. As though unelected bureaucrats having a "commanding role" is better.

Libs are all over X lamenting that policy will be made by elected officials instead of tHe sCieNcE

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

I tortured myself with the whole debate and RFK's responses. It was so painful listening to the two bozos yakking at each other. RFK Jr. is the only one who speaks credibly about actual policy. It's a shame the Democrats are too cowardly to nominate him. Then it would be an actual race.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

It would put him at a disadvantage but at least when he speaks it's something substantive. Trump just yammered about "we did beautiful, Joe is horrible." Nothing of substance, nothing about what he's actually going to do.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

It would put him at a disadvantage but at least when he speaks it's something substantive. Trump just yammered about "we did beautiful, Joe is horrible." Nothing of substance, nothing about what he's actually going to do.

In fairness, most of their questions for Trump were generally about answering for things they viewed as his failings. "January 6" this and "covid economy" that. "What’s your opinion on Roe vs Wade and will you denounce Russia and Nazis", etc.

Very little of the debate was centered around policy by design. Probably because CNN are about views and sensationalism first and foremost. But I think Trump answered most of that stuff quite well; it just wasn’t set up to be very informative of his plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

In fairness, most of their questions for Trump were generally about answering for things they viewed as his failings. "January 6" this and "covid economy" that. "What’s your opinion on Roe vs Wade and will you denounce Russia and Nazis", etc.

Very little of the debate was centered around policy by design. Probably because CNN are about views and sensationalism first and foremost. But I think Trump answered most of that stuff quite well; it just wasn’t set up to be very informative of his plans.

Yes, stupid questions. They don't want to admit that outside their cocktail circuit, people don't give a single fuck about January 6th. 

Trump turned pretty much every question to an indictment of the border situation, which was smart. Especially when he was asked about black voters. 

The single best campaign ad ever made was this one, tying illegal immigration to economic issues. It's 10x worse under Biden so people really see it now.

• Haha 1

I posted that one ^ on the last page XD 

Meanwhile, checking in on the Chinese space program

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh lmao not sure how I forgot that, my bad. Was a long day yesterday.

Guess you could say the test was unsuccessful xD 

Probably didnt make a very big environmental impact tho compared to the pollution they already have lol. Silver lining.

Guess China stole their plans from Boeing.

The Musk haters had pinned a lot of hopes on this program, which was supposed to rival Falcon 9. Next up is the European Space Agency's Ariane 6, much delayed and way over budget, which has its first launch scheduled for July 6th.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Damn. Chinese or not, I hope nobody was in there. 

It was the first engine test, so I doubt it. I imagine the observers taking the video were the closest people to it.

• Thanks 1

Confirmed no one was hurt in that epic fail. Note, the rocket was never supposed to launch at all- it was just a static engine test.

The more I see of this woman, the more I admire her. They call her "far right," but she seems to be just sensible and not an Islamist bootlicker.

She's in Lebanon and was supposed to meet with the "Grand Mufti":

And one more, Springfield. You can find dozens of videos of "street takeovers," various cities. People are just going feral.

Not all as satisfying as these, though.

SCOTUS to the District Court judge: "Do your damn job."

Liberals: reeeeeeeeee

• Haha 2

On 6/30/2024 at 4:56 PM, Celan said:

And one more, Springfield. You can find dozens of videos of "street takeovers," various cities. People are just going feral.

Oh gosh. Which Springfield? Please not Missouri.

I think I’m even more annoyed by the phony outrage and shock than I even am by the road blockers. "OH MY GOSH! HOW CAN THERE BE CONSEQUENCES FOR OUR ACTIONS?! … Like and follow our Instagram to fight the system. :thumbup:"

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh gosh. Which Springfield? Please not Missouri.

I think I’m even more annoyed by the phony outrage and shock than I even am by the road blockers. "OH MY GOSH! HOW CAN THERE BE CONSEQUENCES FOR OUR ACTIONS?! … Like and follow our Instagram to fight the system. :thumbup:"

Springfield, VA actually

And yep. Fuck around, meet find out.

I hope she's got really good security. Round 2 of French parliamentary elections this weekend. I don't usually care about the frogs, but she has my respect.

Update on the most corrupt judiciary in the country.

The YSL trial is on hold because someone finally convinced the judge that he's got a good chance at being disbarred, so he agreed to recuse himself from the hearing on the illegal secret meeting he held with prosecutors.

He was also forced to release the transcript of that meeting, and Lil Woody's lawyer says that the judge is wrong that she met with her client for an hour, it was only five or ten minutes. So the judge cut a bunch of stuff out. But listening to a reading of it, I think there's enough left in that they have to declare a mistrial.

Finally, my second favorite thing about this trial other than Lil' Woody is that two of the lawyers are named Bumpiss and Shart.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re kidding. XD 

It's actually Bumpus, my bad. XD 

• Haha 1