America in Flames: Electric Boogaloo (the politics thread)

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Democrats pushing a bill to try and automatically draft any man of age. 

I saw that. It’s awful. To be specific, if it passes, which is has in the House, it will automatically register men for the draft.

We were already required by law to register ourselves, but apparently so many were refusing that the tyrants just decided to do it themselves.

Won’t register us. We’re too old and past the cutoff, but a lot of younger men have good reason to be concerned. Hope this gets proper attention and backfires hard.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

There were men as old as 45 drafted in WWII, but that's not really my concern. My real concern is my little brother. I'm telling you now I won't let them do that.

I’m talking about this specific bill. It’s for men 18-26. Not to say it couldn’t or won’t be raised.

And yeah. I’d say the same of my brother but I’m pretty confident that I wouldn’t need to prevent it from happening with him. Doubt they could even find him. XD 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Isn't pretty much every countries military going through some kind of horrible recruitment shortage? It's a global epidemic. I don't think there fixing the root of the problem by using conscription. 

Yes. Even Ukraine. Drive for war is very low in much of the world. 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m talking about this specific bill. It’s for men 18-26. Not to say it couldn’t or won’t be raised.

And yeah. I’d say the same of my brother but I’m pretty confident that I wouldn’t need to prevent it from happening with him. Doubt they could even find him. XD 

Also women.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Everything I’ve read has specified "males between 18-26". Tried looking on the actual bill but the PDF is over 900 pages and my phone’s search function doesn’t work with it. 

Page 4 in this doc

https://www.armed-services.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/fy25_ndaa_executive_summary.pdf

• Thanks 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

38 minutes ago, Celan said:

Clarification: The automatic registration of 18-26yo men is in the 2024 NDAA, and this (women being added to the draft) is for 2025.

• Thanks 1

And it’s not just the farm anymore. I’m thinking I’ll take the nearby town we founded as well. 

All the Cryslers up there died off decades ago, and the land was bought by local farmers and businessmen, who now celebrate what a "progressive" community it has become.

Some liberal maple leaf claims ownership over the graves of my forefathers. I can’t let that stand. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I almost want this to happen now just to show you how not close it would be xD 

But nah I like having a buffer

In a way, it’d become an even better buffer. We’d have more control over the territory, plus if they get constitutional rights, then the Canadian citizenry could actually become well-armed like ours is. 

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I almost want this to happen now just to show you how not close it would be xD 

But nah I like having a buffer

It'd be close cause most Canadians are white, and I don't think ya'll could have that on your conscience XD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hey, the Germans just called. They want their misplaced hopes back. XD 

Yeah and you guys treated them so nicely most of them wanted to surrender to you XD Not to mention you gave them all there jobs back after the war!

• Haha 1