America in Flames: Electric Boogaloo (the politics thread)

10 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Although I do think it’s easy to boast a "warrior ethos" when the strongest military in the world has stood behind you and emboldened you nearly every step of the way since the current iteration of your country was founded 

Israelis puff their chests and call themselves great warriors because 3,000 years ago they wiped out tribes and killed giants with a slingshot, but we know the real reason for their confidence. XD Even now their enemies are afraid to go all-out for fear of dragging us in.

Although it’s certainly true that we’ve got them equipped with better gear and a better defense grid than anyone else on their side of the world. But even then I doubt they’d be so bold if America declared tomorrow a total withdrawal of support. They might not need it, but they absolutely love having it.

They do incredible things with the support we give them. Americans have been so mired in bureaucracy that we can't actually do anything anymore, we have to stand around with our proverbial dicks in our hands waiting for authorization and paper stamping.

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach