America in Flames: Electric Boogaloo (the politics thread)

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently the would-be assassin was a registered Republican? There's still not word on the motive. Maybe he was just crazy? 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-rally-shooting-suspect-fbi-names-pennsylvania-man/story?id=111921870

He donated to a progressive get-out-the-vote group.

It is common in swing states for politically active Democrats to register as Republicans so that they can mess with the primary. PA is one of those states where you have to register as that party to vote in their primary.

• Like 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

49 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This isn’t just politics for me n my family. 

I stand by my principals, and I don’t care if it was Mother Mary herself, I’m not taking disrespect. I spent my whole life being called white or race traitor for common sense and the last almost decade hearing them tell me that Trump would do all the evil things they themselves have done this year alone.

My family isn’t like yours, we’re black and they’re ignorant. It wasn’t great to start with.

So no balrog, fuck them

You do you! Sorry if I sounded a little patronizing. 

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This isn’t just politics for me n my family. 

I stand by my principals, and I don’t care if it was Mother Mary herself, I’m not taking disrespect. I spent my whole life being called white or race traitor for common sense and the last almost decade hearing them tell me that Trump would do all the evil things they themselves have done this year alone.

My family isn’t like yours, we’re black and they’re ignorant. It wasn’t great to start with.

So no balrog, fuck them

What puzzles me is that apparently it's not "uncle tom" to support the wheezing ancient Biden who was a segregationist for the first half of his career?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

JD Vance, prior military. Thats all I know about the VP pick for Trump. Thoughts?

Don’t know much about him besides he has been saying a lot of the typical "America first" stuff you’d expect from a Trump supporting politician. But words are cheap.

I reckon he’ll become more interesting in the coming years, but right now I don’t really have strong opinion.

He pisses off all the right people, so that's a good sign. Not that any Republican wouldn't be Literally Hitler.

The only negative I've heard is that he once considered himself a "never Trumper" and changed his mind. I can respect that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Wait really?! LMAO

He opposed busing because he said he "didn't want his children to live in a racial jungle." He called young black men superpredators, he and Clinton both.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile now the news that the Secret Service had snipers INSIDE the building, who saw this guy on the roof, watched him get a range finder and check his distance, then go back for his backpack. They kept radioing the command post, I can only guess to get permission to engage.

What a fucking clown show.

• Like 1

The Secret Service "ramped up" Trump's protection before this rally because the Iranians had threatened to kill him.

This is their best at RAMPED UP?!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/16/politics/iran-plot-assassinate-trump-secret-service/index.html

Meanwhile, the DEI hire leading the SS says her agents can't climb a roof. Wouldn't want to break a heel.

• Like 2

Your job description involves taking a bullet for the president but it’s too dangerous to climb a rooftop that’s like 10 degrees beyond flat? Something most normal people do every few years anyway just for basic repairs?

The Secret Service, ladies and gentlemen. :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not a tinfoil hatter, but this one smells really bad. His regular detail was removed and a new, inexperienced agent was put in charge. If the SS are too pussy to climb a roof, who were the snipers on the other roof? If they were local law enforcement, why was no one on that roof? Why did the SS advance team not flag it as the FUCKING OBVIOUS threat that it was?

Their lawsuits didn't work, so...

• Like 2

This is rural PA. Go find a passing pickup truck, ask the owner to borrow his bolt cutters. JFC.

My man Elon coming in savage with the tweet about the fact that the SS director previously was a security officer for Frito Lay