Soulsborne Thread #12

44 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d give best boss fights to Dark Souls 3. But once you factor in DLC, it tilts back to Bloodborne. :BeastSlain:

Eh I disagree. Three of the bosses in Old Hunters are amazing; but the base game of Dark Souls 3 has such an stellar boss list, and the DLC's additions were all good, I still think Dark Souls 3 has it 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Eh I disagree. Three of the bosses in Old Hunters are amazing; but the base game of Dark Souls 3 has such an stellar boss list, and the DLC's additions were all good, I still think Dark Souls 3 has it 

To each his own. I like most of DS3’s DLC bosses but Gael is the only one I would put on same the tier as Ludwig, Maria, or the Orphan of Kos. Those three and Gehrman are very tough to surpass.

But base game Bloodborne also has the lowest lows, admittedly. Micolash might be the worst boss From has designed, and while very cool in lore and presentation, the actual fights for Rom and the One Reborn are pretty weak too.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I need to finish Sekiro. Lady Butterfly was one of the best boss fights I’ve ever played. If that’s where the bar is, then I could easily see it beating out DS3 or BB in that department.

Oh fuck. Scratch that, Sekiro probably has better bosses then both of them XD Their end-game selection is absolutely amazing. And the final boss is god-tier.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To each his own. I like most of DS3’s DLC bosses but Gael is the only one I would put on same the tier as Ludwig, Maria, or the Orphan of Kos. Those three and Gehrman are very tough to surpass.

But base game Bloodborne also has the lowest lows, admittedly. Micolash might be the worst boss From has designed, and while very cool in lore and presentation, the actual fights for Rom and the One Reborn are pretty weak too.

Nameless_King_Concept_Art.thumb.webp.96b4d934b2b5252d1419f401a1ba4f36.webp

Champion.Gundyr_600.2146395.jpg.de3ec983b9cd13f1d4a6d13b25808363.jpg

I'd put these guys on the same tier. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The only bosses I love to this day from 3 are aldritch the devourer of gods, the abyss watchers and the nameless king tbh. At base

I personally didnt care for the rest as much. Maybe you can throw in the dancer.

Bloodborne tho with dlc, vs dark souls 3 base? Its not a contest, you have to include dark souls 3 dlc bosses, and then its much more even and I can make a case for both games.

I'd say its damn near even if you factor in dlc from both, but as doc said base to base I'd give it to souls.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The only bosses I love to this day from 3 are aldritch the devourer of gods, the abyss watchers and the nameless king tbh. At base

I personally didnt care for the rest as much. Maybe you can throw in the dancer.

Bloodborne tho with dlc, vs dark souls 3 base? Its not a contest, you have to include dark souls 3 dlc bosses, and then its much more even and I can make a case for both games.

I'd say its damn near even if you factor in dlc from both, but as doc said base to base I'd give it to souls.

You especially don't like the Crystal Sages XD

44 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Miyazaki fell asleep on his keyboard and accidentally added way too many zeros to Midir's health

A god-like Dragon is going to have an inflated health pool. XD

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You especially don't like the Crystal Sages XD

I will whoop your ass today on dark souls dont test me xD

I didnt like them on a build I didnt understand on my first playthrough lol

• Haha 1