Soulsborne Thread #12

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The whining is glorious XD

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/elden-ring-shadow-of-erdtree-dlc-976388-20240611

Remeber that time you had to free a secret NPC, bring a hidden item to a HIDDEN far corner of the map with nothing in it to access the DLC XD

There is something absolutely delicious about the fact that there are definitely some gaming "journalists" who cannot even reach the DLC they’re trying to review without first beating a boss they probably skipped back when the game came out because it was too hard for them. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/elden-ring-shadow-of-erdtree-dlc-976388-20240611

Remeber that time you had to free a secret NPC, bring a hidden item to a HIDDEN far corner of the map with nothing in it to access the DLC XD

To be fair, Dark Souls 1 dlc entrance is the most cryptic out of the way thing I've ever seen XD

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:rofl: guess some players better get to summoning lol

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ah, but did you adjust for inflation?

Nah, but I also specifically remember Witcher 3 getting a ton of really good sales; while Elden Ring has barely gotten any, and a quick search shows it's still full price on most markets. Which indicates to me it's roughly made more money XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah, but I also specifically remember Witcher 3 getting a ton of really good sales; while Elden Ring has barely gotten any, and a quick search shows it's still full price on most markets. Which indicates to me it's roughly made more money XD

I was joking. Inflation wouldn’t have anything to do with sales counts. XD 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dang, I didn’t know Red Dead Redemption 2 sold so well. That makes me happy. XD 

At the same time, it’s insane that over 60 million people bought that game, own it right now, and they never gave it any DLC. That’s so much money on the table.

But then, who am I to tell Rockstar how to make money? XD Pretty sure they have one of the highest revenue streams of any devs in history, like multiple billions per year. Crazy. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Dang, I didn’t know Red Dead Redemption 2 sold so well. That makes me happy. XD 

At the same time, it’s insane that over 60 million people bought that game, own it right now, and they never gave it any DLC. That’s so much money on the table.

But then, who am I to tell Rockstar how to make money? XD Pretty sure they have one of the highest revenue streams of any devs in history, like multiple billions per year. Crazy. 

60 million people was also too small of a pool to justify continuing development of its multiplayer. Take-Two's greed is almost like super villain levels XD

Some Summon Ashes spoilers!

They added some for creatures from the base game; Finger Crawlers, for example. But there's a bunch of new ones including "Black Knights" (who are apparently have a bunch of references to Gywn's ones from Dark Souls!) and a fucking DEMIHUMAN MASTER SWORDSMAN with a laser sword, whose name is a reference to Yoda :rofl:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Here's the real question. Which From game has the best outro "You've beaten the game" song?

I don't think Demon's Souls Studio Ghibli sounding ass outro can be beaten XD

Bloodborne. It’s so foreboding, and I think does the best job of evoking the overall tone of the game. And I love how it transitions into Mergo’s lullaby to tie everything up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bloodborne. It’s so foreboding, and I think does the best job of evoking the overall tone of the game. And I love how it transitions into Mergo’s lullaby to tie everything up.

Just say "which is the best souls x" and add bloodborne there besides maybe exploration.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Just say "which is the best souls x" and add bloodborne there besides maybe exploration.

I’d give best boss fights to Dark Souls 3. But once you factor in DLC, it tilts back to Bloodborne. :BeastSlain: