Soulsborne Thread #12

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

While you were hugging a shield, I learnt the ancient technique of sliding my balls across the grass with exquisite speeeeed and i-frames

I dodged plenty too because shield only does so much against gravity magic. But it is nice to be able to survive some attacks without losing distance or position. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It didn’t help me lol. 
I just counted his attacks for the pattern and dodged towards him, and used savage lion claw/ jump attacks

I’m just experimenting at this point. Normal rolls and blocks work well for any of his attacks, but I’m thinking BHS might help me clear some of the bigger fire ones if my timing gets off. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

A medium shield with either golden parry or Carian retaliation is also good against Messmer. I tried parrying him for like four attempts and gave up, but it turns out he is parryable, just not his whole moveset.

I’m using Serpent Crest shield because of its fire resistance and because it’s so fitting for the fight. No skill on it though, because right now I’m using the Backhand Blade with the default AoW and it’s been nice to be able to use it without putting away my shield. 

man you know something that hurts my soul?

I just learned recently that multiple buffs ive been using dont stack

black flame and flame grant me strength, black flame and multiple other spells, black flame and the fucking crab meat n lobster meat

Ive been neutering myself this entire time

That stings.

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m just experimenting at this point. Normal rolls and blocks work well for any of his attacks, but I’m thinking BHS might help me clear some of the bigger fire ones if my timing gets off. 

Oh I thought you already killed him

If you can beat gaius you can kill him, just gotta learn his attack pattern 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

man you know something that hurts my soul?

I just learned recently that multiple buffs ive been using dont stack

black flame and flame grant me strength, black flame and multiple other spells, black flame and the fucking crab meat n lobster meat

Ive been neutering myself this entire time

That stings.

You know what else hurts?

I’ve been doing that too. :cry: 

• Haha 2

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh I thought you already killed him

If you can beat gaius you can kill him, just gotta learn his attack pattern 

Oh yeah, I can definitely kill him. Got him down to 10% HP several times now but keep messing up right at the end.

This last time I was kicking his ass with the normal old Backhand blade with default Ash of War. Got him to second phase, still had most of my heals, was feeling good about this run… then I screwed up the timing on multiple rolls back-to-back and basically let every single attack in his combo hit me. RIP. XD 

• Haha 1