Soulsborne Thread #12

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Messmer and Melina > Malenia and Miquella anyway.

Speaking of, this Messmer bossfight’s got me straight up sweating. :lol: But it is so much fun, I can see why everyone says it’s one of their favorites. It’s easily top tier. 

I'm convinced it's the only Elden Ring boss to have 10/10 presentation and gameplay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

DOCTOR USED YOU A SUMMON! 

I’ve been summoning lol fuck that noise XD not for most fights tho but occasionally, like commander gaius I brought in my healing handmaiden.

I really don’t think there’s any shame, it’s not like base game.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I haven’t been using spirit ashes, just Igon as an NPC summon because he is just way too cool and funny to miss out on the ending of his questline. Getting to hear his final words upon the fell dragon’s death made calling him in worthwhile.

Plus, the guy is such a hype man. He bellows out right to Bayle’s face that you, the mighty Dragonslayer are gonna kill him. It is epic. XD 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What’d you do? XD 

I literally just counter hit him after every hit and used a mix from one of the fire golem things to give me unlimited stamina and increased damage as it drained my health lol

Didnt matter since i have faith buffs for heals and such, damage reduction etc. My weight didnt matter since roll = dead

So yea counter hit counter hit, blasphemous blade on occasion = cheese win

fuck that bitch

Also beat bayle just now with the weeb sword, was way easier now at +13, like trivial. Still badass tho but I came with a plan

26 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I literally just counter hit him after every hit and used a mix from one of the fire golem things to give me unlimited stamina and increased damage as it drained my health lol

Didnt matter since i have faith buffs for heals and such, damage reduction etc. My weight didnt matter since roll = dead

So yea counter hit counter hit, blasphemous blade on occasion = cheese win

fuck that bitch

Also beat bayle just now with the weeb sword, was way easier now at +13, like trivial. Still badass tho but I came with a plan

So basically the total opposite of how I’m fighting him, this time. XD I’m going full rolls.

They actually don’t = dead, you just have to get the directions down. It feels intuitive to go backwards or right/left, but with Messmer I’ve found that rolling straight at him is extremely effective for dodging almost all of his attacks. Only exception is when he slams down and sends out that Impaler shock wave, but it’s telegraphed ending to see coming and change direction.

That said, I usually just block for face tank some of his weaker fire spells because the trade-off blow is worth it.

But his phase 2? I’ve still got some learning to do for that part. I’ve gotten him pretty close to dead but unfortunately keep getting interrupted by irl stuff. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So basically the total opposite of how I’m fighting him, this time. XD I’m going full rolls.

They actually don’t = dead, you just have to get the directions down. It feels intuitive to go backwards or right/left, but with Messmer I’ve found that rolling straight at him is extremely effective for dodging almost all of his attacks. Only exception is when he slams down and sends out that Impaler shock wave, but it’s telegraphed ending to see coming and change direction.

That said, I usually just block for face tank some of his weaker fire spells because the trade-off blow is worth it.

Oh Mesmer, I meant gaius lol

messmer I just had to git gud lol I did it at level 11 like tres said with guts sword

• Like 1