Soulsborne Thread #12

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hear me out, rock Bloodhound step on a weapon and two hand it. Milady was a very solid choice and what I beat him with my second character.

It can avoid every single one of his scariest attacks whereas dodging medium roll will not 

It almost feels criminal to put BHS on Milady when that other light greatsword AoW is so beautiful. XD 

But I’ll give it a try if he gives me trouble when I get back on. 

Yeah, just finished reading his remembrance. Explains the gravity magic. And now I understand why you seated Messmer and Radahn together at the dinner party. XD What a freaking power trio.

That was easily the toughest fight for me so far. Could barely get off ant Ash of War attacks and some of his moves are really tough to dodge even after you’ve learned how.

The reward shortly after is incredible. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, just finished reading his remembrance. Explains the gravity magic. And now I understand why you seated Messmer and Radahn together at the dinner party. XD What a freaking power trio.

That was easily the toughest fight for me so far. Could barely get off any Ash of War attacks and some of his moves are really tough to dodge even after you’ve learned how.

The reward shortly after is incredible. 

Excellent work Doc, and without even using bloodhound step!

• Thanks 1

Well, I stayed up way too late because I kept starting things that I wanted to see through.

First off, exploring Marika’s old village might be the saddest part of the whole game. 

Second off, finished Count Ymir's questline and wooooooow. The Mother of Fingers was like an entity straight out of Bloodborne! Lots to talk about here, as this questline’s revelations basically form the backbone of the whole setting’s cosmology. I think it actually lines up pretty well with my theories many pages back, only now I know the Fingers themselves weren’t dropped in by the Greater Will; rather, their "mother" was. Even more reason to believe them flawed.

Boss fight was not very hard or all that interesting mechanically, but damn if the surprise, the setting, and the general presentation weren’t excellent.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well, I stayed up way too late because I kept starting things that I wanted to see through.

Hide contents

First off, exploring Marika’s old village might be the saddest part of the whole game. 

Second off, finished Count Ymir's questline and wooooooow. The Mother of Fingers was like an entity straight out of Bloodborne! Lots to talk about here, as this questline’a revelations basically form the backbone of the whole setting’s cosmology. I think it actually lines up pretty well with my theories pages back, only now I know the Fingers themselves weren’t dropped in by the Greater Will; rather, their "mother" was. Even more reason to believe them flawed.

Boss fight was not very hard or all that interesting mechanically, but damn if the surprise, the setting, and the general presentation weren’t excellent.

Take a look at those posts me n balrog posted about it, I @‘d you on one

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I killed him just now while waiting for more work lol fuck that bitch xD

Used blasphemous blade and a great shield

I tried telling y'all, bloodhound step is better than greatshield XD

Greatshield soldier spirits are another good addition for the battle. Hilariously much better than mimic tear 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I tried telling y'all, bloodhound step is better than greatshield XD

Greatshield soldier spirits are another good addition for the battle. Hilariously much better than mimic tear 

I just dont like it lol, I dont like having to lose a whole ash of war to use hunter bone lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

So I just beat Bayle the Bitch on my first try. XD Technically second if you count my attempt last week where I was really just checking him out.

In all seriousness, that was a crazy epic fight. And in fairness, halfway through it I did finally spot Igor’s summoning sign and bring him in. Badass. Hilarious. But with his help, the fight wasn’t really all that tough. Not nearly as hard as Gaius or Messmer (oh yeah, I also went after Messmer this morning). The Dragonweeb sword did tons of damage to him. 

I also accidentally roofied the priestess. Didn’t realize that’s what I was doing, but it worked out. I’m her lord now. XD 

Her spirit ashes are basically the only reward I got besides the fun of a badass fight. Who in the world is ever going to have the 50+ Arcane required to use the Bayle incantations?

But yeah, epic fight. It had me in full tryhard mode. Easily my favorite dragon fight FromSoft have done. The buildup, the questlines, the lore, the moveset, were all amazing. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So I just beat Bayle the Bitch on my first try. XD Technically second if you count my attempt last week where I was really just checking him out.

In all seriousness, that was a crazy epic fight. And in fairness, halfway through it I did finally spot Igor’s summoning sign and bring him in. Badass. Hilarious. But with his help, the fight wasn’t really all that tough. Not nearly as hard as Gaius or Messmer (oh yeah, I also went after Messmer this morning). The Dragonweeb sword did tons of damage to him. 

DOCTOR USED YOU A SUMMON! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

DOCTOR USED YOU A SUMMON! 

After all the "Captain Ahab" talk, and the screams of "BAAAAAAAYLE", how could I not summon the guy just to see what happens? XD Reminded me of Onion Knight vs Yorm. He earned the right to be an exception.

I also didn’t expect to actually beat it first try. Had Bayle down to about half health before I even saw the summon sign, but I knew some crazy phase 2 would be coming soon. I figured I’d hear the dialogue, die, and then try about twenty more times.

• Like 1