Soulsborne Thread #12

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Those aoe's were very annoying tho, as were the repeated come backs lmao

That AOE is how he killed me the first attempt, but he only does the really strong one on the third phase and it’s pretty avoidable. It actually ended up being the death of him, because he passes out for a few seconds after doing it, which gave me time to hit him with a full cast of O Flame that just straight up one-shot him.

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

A walking sunflower is a pretty weeeeeeird XD

This is a company that ended one of their stories by having us battle the stillborn fetus of a dead cosmic god who is still "alive" in his Nightmare because his unconsciousness hasn’t yet realized he died.

Big flowers are nothing. XD 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This is a company that ended one of their stories by having us battle the stillborn fetus of a dead cosmic god who is still "alive" in his Nightmare because his unconsciousness hasn’t yet realized he died. 

But you see, I'm used to that kind of grim darkery because I expect it from FROM. The Sunflower fight was so mundane it felt wrong 

• Haha 1

Finally met this Commander Gaius fella yall have mentioned.

Little tougher. XD 

I did get him down to 1/4 health on my first attempt, but I was struggling there at the end. No heals left and didn’t get a good chance to drink my blue potion.

If I had known I was in for a boss fight, and prepped, I might’ve gotten him. But it would’ve been close. 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Stick close to him (off Torrent) and he'll do his really scary stuff (his charges) less.

Reveal hidden contents

Pay real close attention to that chapel next to the bonfire 

XD

I didn’t even realize Torrent was available in this fight. XD Not that I’d use him. He sucks against most bosses. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

That AOE is how he killed me the first attempt, but he only does the really strong one on the third phase and it’s pretty avoidable. It actually ended up being the death of him, because he passes out for a few seconds after doing it, which gave me time to hit him with a full cast of O Flame that just straight up one-shot him.

I got off messmer loss streaks when i went to that fight so i blindly rushed in and nuked him first two phases only to die dumbly on the last one a few times xD

After I took a break and came back and wasnt so angry lol it was a cake walk. The twin blades are ridiculous against some bosses.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'll tell you what boss was annoying tho lol was this putrescent knight xD With the environment slowing you down especially lol, got him on the third try though cause I figured after dying the first time to blue flames you could jump over it.

Yeah, that was the only boss I’ve gotten mad at so far. I believe he got me to call him a dickbag. XD 

But it turned out to actually just be a fairly mid-difficulty fight and pretty fun since his attacks are so readable. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I remember jumping to avoid a boss was a mechanic in the base game but it was seldom used, so I'm glad to see they added it to more bosses this time around. 

It’s definitely something I’ve had to force myself to be more aware of. I often forgot it was a thing and wonder how the hell I’m supposed to avoid certain attacks. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, that was the only boss I’ve gotten mad at so far. I believe he got me to call him a dickbag. XD 

But it turned out to actually just be a fairly mid-difficulty fight and pretty fun since his attacks are so readable. 

Thats how a lot of these fights are lol. And then there's Messmer and Commander Gaius lol which Ive yet to return to xD I will soon tho

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats how a lot of these fights are lol. And then there's Messmer and Commander Gaius lol which Ive yet to return to xD I will soon tho

I’m on Gaius now.

I’ll say this much, where the Puty Knight wasn’t as tough as he first seemed, G Man definitely has been for me. He’s taken me the most attempts of any boss so far. Been struggling to figure out how to dodge several of his attacks.

He hasn’t pissed me off, though. I’ve been getting close.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m on Gaius now.

I’ll say this much, where the Puty Knight wasn’t as tough as he first seemed, G Man definitely has been for me. He’s taken me the most attempts of any boss so far. Been struggling to figure out how to dodge several of his attacks.

He hasn’t pissed me off, though. I’ve been getting close.

Hear me out, rock Bloodhound step on a weapon and two hand it. Milady was a very solid choice and what I beat him with my second character.

It can avoid every single one of his scariest attacks whereas dodging medium roll will not 

• Thanks 1