Soulsborne Thread #12

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So this is my original OC. Her name is Rellana and she's the younger sister of Queen Rennala. She wields a cool duel wield swords of black death fire and moon magic. She also fell for a red haired bad pretty boy.

All the major DLC characters are characters penned by Martin in his notes, and FROM was unable to find a satisfactory way to include in the base game XD Sounds like a cool, Pontiff-esque character. 

40 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So this is my original OC. Her name is Rellana and she's the younger sister of Queen Rennala. She wields a cool duel wield swords of black death fire and moon magic. She also fell for a red haired bad pretty boy.

That’s not as cool as my original OC character, Godfring, who is a big burly blonde guy with an axe, a castle, and daddy issues. He wants the Elden Throne because he loves power and trees.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s not as cool as my original OC character, Godfring, who is a big burly blonde guy with an axe, a castle, and daddy issues. He wants the Elden Throne because he loves power and trees.

Just wait until you about Godefroy

Bethesda: Sorry guys, we don't have the resources to add seperate attack animations for swords and axes. 

FROM: Here guys, here's eight new entire weapon movesets, alongside a couple dozen heavily altered ones from the base game.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Bethesda: Sorry guys, we don't have the resources to add seperate attack animations for swords and axes. 

Worse. They did. Todd straight up bragged that of their designers added spears to Skyrim with just a week of work, animations and all, but it never got put in.

There’s a clip of it in action in the video. Most other things from this did make it in with DLCs, but not spears for some reason.

• Haha 1

Oh the patch coming with the game has a bunch of quality of life improvement according to Gamespot! It adds a white market to new items in your inventory, and there's a new sorting feature that lets you sort things by different parameters (recently added and stuff( 

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh the patch coming with the game has a bunch of quality of life improvement according to Gamespot! It adds a white market to new items in your inventory, and there's a new sorting feature that lets you sort things by different parameters (recently added and stuff( 

And this XD

oo3me5q2go4d1.webp.3a7a95d85a6fa469ec3e83d6c98e2fbf.webp

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sekiro by itself was 14 GB's XD

I love that they're letting us preload this time. I want to recall back when Elden Ring launched we only had like day one XD

Damn that file size is much smaller than I expected. Optimization 

This one little thing confirmed to be in the dlc has made me completely redesign this character's build.

Going from a straight up golden order spellsword into a build that has 36 faith and int, 40 dex for max cast speed. I can't wait to rock both golden order incantations, the melee spells and whatever cool int/faith spells are in the dlc too. I'll probably stay away from deathrite and magma hexes because I already have characters dedicated to each

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I also want to know how the fuck Miyazaki still looks as young as he did when he worked on Dark Souls

Isn’t that a common Asian stereotype? They look young for a really long time and then one day they just randomly skip straight to looking like wise elders. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Isn’t that a common Asian stereotype? They look young for a really long time and then one day they just randomly skip straight to looking like wise elders. 

Yeah I guess that's the trade off :rofl:

• Haha 2