Soulsborne Thread #12

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ash+of+War:+Swift+Slash

Don't use it in pvp brother, it's literally uncounterable.

We are SO in synch! I was just at their summon signs contemplating on who I should choose! :lol: 

Was leaning towards the Hornsent because Leda seems too dangerous with her paranoia. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We are SO in synch! I was just at their summon signs contemplating on who I should choose! :lol: 

Was leaning towards the Hornsent because Leda seems too dangerous with her paranoia. 

Without spoiling much, you lose some really cool interactions with either choice. (And gain some). So your choice. 

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It is pretty fucking weak when used as just a damage over time, BUT, what's deceptive is it has a pretty damn hard hitting AOE at the start.

It's like lightning Wrath of Gold 

oh interesting, i'll try that out

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

There's an ungodly broken ash of war for the backhand blades that's plaguing pvp at the moment.

It's near undodgeable, combos into itself, fast, low fp cost and gives i-frames.

I bet the fire knight sword can beat it

Two light attacks from that sword, done

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I got on my first try; apparently alot of people are having trouble with him. 

I definitely did not get him my first try lol, but I did get him. I just had to level up my shadow thingy

after that it was just L2 R2 from the twin blades

Oh and blasphemous blade mixed in, he loved eating those up

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

bet the fire knight sword can beat it

Two light attacks from that sword, done

Nope, it has i-frames upon startup too XD

Everyone I've seen rocking it is also using bull goat and buffing with bleed or scarlet rot. It will blender the hell out of you.

Don't know if it breaks hyper armor from ultras though

35 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@TheCzarsHussarvery nice tip! that spell is badass

I need to try it out on a dedicated faith build! How's the damage doing? On my 38 faith guy without talismans to buff it, still did an upwards of 700 damage on the aoe

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I actually completely missed this dialogue on my first playthrough. Without a shadow of a doubt was Mohg bewitched by Miquella.

If you immediately go talk to Sir Ansbach after the great rune is shattered but before killing the golden hippo, he talks about his attempt at freeing Mohg from Miquella's enchantment but was too weak. Having his heart stolen by the Empyrean instead.

tumblr_b28c80700f9b55b8b049cde9ba93c0ee_1254cc33_1280.thumb.jpg.e1974dab38df3d25b4835d4407107719.jpg

People are making memes about the encounter XD

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nope, it has i-frames upon startup too XD

Everyone I've seen rocking it is also using bull goat and buffing with bleed or scarlet rot. It will blender the hell out of you.

Don't know if it breaks hyper armor from ultras though

I need to try it out on a dedicated faith build! How's the damage doing? On my 38 faith guy without talismans to buff it, still did an upwards of 700 damage on the aoe

its not killing bosses or anything but its actually a nice little tool for pve when you're surrounded by trash mobs, which in the dlc especially happens a lot lol

Its a nice tool to have, that and messmer's fire spell

One criticism/praise I have for the DLC is that there's like a billion side plots happening at the same time. Each area has it's own super distinct theme and story (the base game kinda had that, but not to this extent). That's great because it's awesome to be like "This is a Dragon area? That's awesome!" but then I'm like trying to criss cross and remember everything that's happening at once. It's super overwhelming. In contrast, Old Hunters had a super tight plot that was interwoven seamlessly through everything into a single narrative and theme that worked wonderfully. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It is hard to keep up with. I doubt theyd ever add a quest log lol but itd be nice. Like a journal, not arrows. That'd go a long way to fixing that problem.

What about a dialogue record?

Like it’s a list of every NPC you’ve met, and when you select one, it opens up a page where you can read all the dialogue they’ve said to you in order.

That way there’d be no handholding whatsoever. Just info we’ve already discovered, recorded in case we forget any of it.

• Like 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

What about a dialogue record?

Like it’s a list of every NPC you’ve met, and when you select one, it opens up a page where you can read all the dialogue they’ve said to you in order.

That way there’d be no handholding whatsoever. Just info we’ve already discovered, recorded in case we forget any of it.

That'd work as well, tho ideally it'd be included with a journal. I dont consider that handholding really, it'd add focus to a first time playthrough, same as with morrowind.

Everyone leaves notes and writes, I'd consider that pretty immersive.

Even a region mention or general area would be good. Would be less hand holdy than allowing people to use summons.

On that note, I’ve been jumping back and forth in the Shadow Keep Storehouse for ten minutes. XD I quite like the story they’re building up with all these NPCs.

Freyja is happy that Radahn’s soul will be reborn, while Ansbach laments that Mohg’s soulless corpse is to be defiled.

It’s funny to see these two become firm in their positions on opposite sides of the conflict but still remain so cordial and chummy with one another.

It is cool to watch followers of these great bosses moving along on their own quests to honor or redeem their masters.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

On that note, I’ve been jumping back and forth in the Shadow Keep Storehouse for ten minutes. XD I quite like the story they’re building up with all these NPCs.

Reveal hidden contents

Freyja is happy that has Radahn’s soul will be reborn, while Ansbach laments that Mohg’s soulless corpse is to be defiled.

It’s funny to see these two become firm in their positions on opposite sides of the conflict but still remain so cordial and chummy with one another.

It is cool to watch followers of these great bosses moving along on their own quests to honor or redeem their masters.

They're some of the best FROM has done

I like how Ansbach could have easily deceived Freyja onto his side...but instead choose to give her the untarnished truth. He's just that honorable, and wanted to do right by her. It was honestly hard to believe such a principled person was serving Mohg.

Freyja's perspective on the issue is also understandable: but reflects the Redmane perspective of strength before everything else. She thinks her lord being resurrected as an "immortal God of War" is a great thing and something Radahn would want; without delving into the morality of the issue.  It's why she respects Ansbach so much; he's a famous warrior she's heard horror stories about. 

For some creep points, that comment Ansbach makes about how he thinks Miquella genuinely doesn't understand the shame and humiliation he's inflicting on Mohg by using him in his Radahn golem. Like hes' too naïve too comprehend the hurt he's causing.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They're some of the best FROM has done

Hide contents

I like how Ansbach could have easily deceived Freyja onto his side...but instead choose to give her the untarnished truth. He's just that honorable, and wanted to do right by her. It was honestly hard to believe such a principled person was serving Mohg.

Freyja's perspective on the issue is also understandable: but reflects the Redmane perspective of strength before everything else. She thinks her lord being resurrected as an "immortal God of War" is a great thing and something Radahn would want; without delving into the morality of the issue.  It's why she respects Ansbach so much; he's a famous warrior she's heard horror stories about. 

For some creep points, that comment Ansbach makes about how he thinks Miquella genuinely doesn't understand the shame and humiliation he's inflicting on Mohg by using him in his Radahn golem. Like hes' too naïve too comprehend the hurt he's causing.  

With the expanded lore upon Mohg and his failed dynasty, it doesn't even seem so horrible to begin with. Obviously it's a horrifically brutal order, that could very well seek to turn all those who wronged Mohg and his people into the agonizing blood zombies. But that's not altogether an undeserved fate considering what he and others of his kind put up with.

He welcomes Tarnished into his order once they forsake the Two Fingers, elevating them into knighthood. As they too are forsaken by the Golden Order.

I'd say Mohg was definitely still a very sinister character, seeking to spread his divine faith across the land Dagoth Ur style before Miquella hijacked everything. Hilariously with all the pieces together, I think Varre was Mohg's lover before he got Mohglested by Miquella XD

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

With the expanded lore upon Mohg and his failed dynasty, it doesn't even seem so horrible to begin with. Obviously it's a horrifically brutal order, that could very well seek to turn all those who wronged Mohg and his people into the agonizing blood zombies. But that's not altogether an undeserved fate considering what he and others of his kind put up with.

He welcomes Tarnished into his order once they forsake the Two Fingers, elevating them into knighthood. As they too are forsaken by the Golden Order.

I'd say Mohg was definitely still a very sinister character, seeking to spread his divine faith across the land Dagoth Ur style before Miquella hijacked everything. Hilariously with all the pieces together, I think Varre was Mohg's lover before he got Mohglested by Miquella XD

Post DLC he comes across as a brutal warlord/evil sorcerer, but no less evil then someone like Gideon.