Soulsborne Thread #12

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You got doc to play that???

Actually decided to on my own. But I have been keeping most discussion about it in PMs because I reckon Balrog is the only one who’d want to hear it. XD 

Really fun game, honestly. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why you @ing them like I don’t play xD

50 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t know what combo this is because I kill that thing quickly like the rest and don’t let it get a hit in with faith build cheese

That's why XD

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

But after continuous testing, I'm certain it's a frame rate issue. I just flat out cannot dodge that without a high enough rate.

Edit: It's not even an issue or matter of getting stuck, I just use this bitch for damage testing. It's a matter of P R I D E

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I mean, she almost certainly did, but how does proud omen warriors prove that, specifically?

I believe the Golden Order says that Omens are a horrible curse/birth defect/sign of being away from grace? Yet you have this entire civilization of them pre-Erdtree, who seem to be just normal Empire/kingdom?

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I believe the Golden Order says that Omens are a horrible curse/birth defect/sign of being away from grace? Yet you have this entire civilization of them pre-Erdtree, who seem to be just normal Empire/kingdom?

Those two things don’t strike me as mutually exclusive.

Godfrey was a conquering badass beyond the fog, with armies of proud warriors, knights, and priests. All of them were "cursed" tarnished away from grace.

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-shadow-of-the-erdtree-first-impressions-of-the-big-dlc

https://www.pushsquare.com/features/preview-elden-ring-promises-a-dlc-masterclass-in-shadow-of-the-erdtree

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shadow-of-the-erdtree-renews-the-awe-and-adventure-of-elden-ring/1100-6523901/

Some initial observations;

1. People were given level 150 character; STILL very difficult. 

2. Area is as big as Limgrave, Weeping, and "half" of Caelid. 

3. Map is designed to be super winding. One example they gave was when they entered a Gaol from the base-game expecting a mini-boss...only to find a secret route that led to a secret dungeon. 

4. Smaller dungeons were designed to feel more unique and be like "tiny" legacy dungeon. Speaking of, in the first three hours, they experienced TWO Legacy Dungeons, and someone was saying there's about five of them.

• Like 1

"The lore is delivered by a new cast of characters, as seen in the trailers. Knights, servants, and followers of Miquella are tracing the Empyrean’s footsteps across the Land of Shadow. Each new character is unique with their own background and story; one knight, Freyja, once fought alongside Radahn. Another served Mohg. They’re assisted by a twitchy, nervous Merchant. All are in this mysterious land because they wish to locate and follow in the footsteps of Miquella. There’s an air of the allies you meet in Roundtable Hold about this motley band of warriors. Some are more friendly than others, of course. They congregate around ‘Miquella’s Crosses’, shining waypoints that appear to mark places that Miquella let go of some part or another of their being."

More followers of the Demigods! 

• Like 1

Some of the new NPC's are fucking insane. There's a Dragon Communion warrior whose supporting Miquella just because he's the last claimant in the Shattering. There's another whose an OMEN, despises "Marika's people", and is only helping to ensure his people's survival in the new order. Alot of different motivation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Bandai is saying the DLC is 30-50 hours IF YOU RUSH. HOLY SHIT. It's Elden Ring 2! 

Back in the day, it wasn’t uncommon for sequels to basically just be continuations of the story with some small improvements, but with the same engine and even graphics.

Kinda wish this was more common for games where the gameplay formula was already really solid and not in great need of changing. It would speed up the release schedules pretty drastically. Not every game needs to be a huge technological leap. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Back in the day, it wasn’t uncommon for sequels to basically just be continuations of the story with some small improvements, but with the same engine and even graphics.

Kinda wish this was more common for games where the gameplay formula was already really solid and not in great need of changing. It would speed up the release schedules pretty drastically. Not every game needs to be a huge technological leap. 

It felt like a very long time; but two years for such a massive experience (people are comparing it to Blood and Wine) is pretty short for AAA standards XD I imagine FROM's clever use of asset reusual is something that should be studied by other studios.  

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I imagine FROM's clever use of asset reusual is something that should be studied by other studios.

I’ve yet to be convinced that every single asset found in Dark Souls 3, Elden Ring, Sekiro, and Armored Core 6 cannot be found hidden in the Chalice Dungeons… somewhere. 

• Haha 1