Soulsborne Thread #12

Radahn is the Lord of W’s. Man does literally nothing wrong. 

-Best fighter? Check

-Best leader? Check

-Compassionate? Check

-Resistant to the incestuous creepiness of his family? Big Check

Dude qualifies for "might makes right" AND "moral high ground". Not to mention works harder and suffers more than anyone yet never once complains unlike all his bitchy siblings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Radahn doesnt like diddling kids confirmed

Chad is Radahn

Be like Radahn, dont diddle twink tranny kids. Or, you know, just kids in general. Dont do it.

He was fine with marrying his twink brother at a certain point though XD Won't hold it against him though, cause Pantheon's and lines of Royalty all seem to be fucked up 

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Radha is the Lord of W’s Man does literally nothing wrong. 

-Best fighter? Check

-Best leader? Check

-Compassionate? Check

-Resistant to the incestuous creepiness of his family? Big Check

Dude qualifies for "might makes right" AND "moral high ground". Not to mention works harder and suffers more than anyone yet never once complains unlike all his bitchy siblings.

Again, he was all for it at a certain point in time. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

He was fine with marrying his twink brother at a certain point though XD

I haven’t seen anything proving that. Granted, there’s a lot I haven’t seen.

What I do know is that Radahn was opposed enough to Miquella that he fought a war against his champions.

And considering that Miquella bewitches people, I don’t know if we can assume anything Radahn did in his favor as confirmation that he was "fine" with it. See: Mohg. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I haven’t seen anything proving that. Granted, there’s a lot I haven’t seen.

What I do know is that Radahn was opposed enough to Miquella that he fought a war against his champions.

And considering that Miquella bewitches people, I don’t know if we can assume anything Radahn did in his favor as confirmation that he was "fine" with it. See: Mohg. 

This was before the great rune business gave him the ability to it: by all accounts it was when they were very young. 

You witness a flashback at the end of his fight from Radahn's perspective, with Miquella talking to Radahn about there promise. It's also referenced numerous times by different characters.  His boss title is even "Promised Consort" Radahn. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That sanest of the lot still seems to be poor Morgott XD

I like to imagine Morgott hanging out in his chambers atop Leyndell, staring into a palantír, watching in disgust as his siblings tear the realm apart for the weirdest reasons imaginable.

No wonder he walks outside and immediately starts badmouthing every one of them. XD 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like to imagine Morgott hanging out in his chambers atop Leyndell, staring into a palantír, watching in disgust as his siblings tear the realm apart for the weirdest reasons imaginable.

No wonder he walks outside and immediately starts badmouthing every one of them. XD 

"Willfull traitors, all."

*See's poor Mohg in the corner." 

"Except you." It's heartwarming in hindsight, now that we know Mohg wasn't truly at fault

• Haha 1

This was before the great rune business gave him the ability to it: by all accounts it was when they were very young. 

Hide contents

You witness a flashback at the end of his fight from Radahn's perspective, with Miquella talking to Radahn about there promise. It's also referenced numerous times by different characters.  His boss title is even "Promised Consort" Radahn. 

Do we ever get Radahn’s perspective, though? All I’m getting from this is that Miquella felt he was owed. Which seems to be a running flaw of his character. He feels that his kindness makes him entitled to the love and loyalty of others, to such an extent that he will eventually force people to do it. 

"Willfull traitors, all."

*See's poor Mohg in the corner." 

"Except you." It's heartwarming in hindsight, now that we know Mohg wasn't truly at fault

Never thought Mohg of all people would emerge from this as one of the more sympathetic characters. And the guy we all thought to be his greatest victim was actually the one who victimized him. Crazy twist. 

Next DLC will be the Dung Eater backstory, where we learn that he is actually a pretty nice guy. XD 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee I found that Iris of Occultation yesterday but didn’t try it out. Has anyone used it yet? Is there a down side? Because spending all held runes to activate a Great Rune is like… retardedly powerful. There has to be a caveat.

Id say the biggest flaw is that its a consummable, but if you can buy them from somewhere, talk about op

Unfortunately since its a one off thing I'd say its not that big a deal, its essentially a rune arc that has a cost

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Id say the biggest flaw is that its a consummable, but if you can buy them from somewhere, talk about op

Unfortunately since its a one off thing I'd say its not that big a deal, its essentially a rune arc that has a cost

Oh, I thought it was reusable. Never mind, then. It’s just a glorified rune arc. Not that good at all. :lol: 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He was fine with marrying his twink brother at a certain point though XD Won't hold it against him though, cause Pantheon's and lines of Royalty all seem to be fucked up 

Again, he was all for it at a certain point in time. 

Thats still a W, almost no one 100 percent resisted family expectations no matter how fucked. That he later decided you know what, I dont wanna be a profligate, is still a 1000 percent W

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do we ever get Radahn’s perspective, though? All I’m getting from this is that Miquella felt he was owed. Which seems to be a running flaw of his character. He feels that his kindness makes him entitled to the love and loyalty of others, to such an extent that he will eventually force people to do it. 

After seeing the evidence that Sir Ansbach gives her, Freyja affirms that Radahn made the promise at some point.

Though she decides that being able to resurrect Radahn as an "immortal God of War"  - that will butcher battlefields for eternity what he would want - and decides to support Miquella to see her lord revived, so she's a little batshit too...

I think the many confirmations, makes me believe we can take Miquella's word on this. However, we don't know the context behind it.  I still think it's super gay (and kind of fucked up) to make a promise to your twink HALF BROTHER that you'll marry him someday. XD Then again...royal, godly family. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats still a W, almost no one 100 percent resisted family expectations no matter how fucked. That he later decided you know what, I dont wanna be a profligate, is still a 1000 percent W

Well, his siblings Ranni and Rykard did too, but Radahn makes them look like losers by not being a gothy edgelord about it. XD 

After seeing the evidence that Sir Ansbach gives her, Freyja affirms that Radahn made the promise at some point.

Hide contents

Though she decides that being able to resurrect Radahn as an "immortal God of War"  - that will butcher battlefields for eternity what he would want - and decides to support Miquella to see her lord revived, so she's a little batshit too...

I think the many confirmations, makes me believe we can take Miquella's word on this. However, we don't know the context behind it.  I still think it's super gay (and kind of fucked up) to make a promise to your twink HALF BROTHER that you'll marry him someday. XD Then again...royal, godly family. 

You want this so bad xD 

I think you're streeeetchinnggggg

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You want this so bad xD 

I think you're streeeetchinnggggg

I'd be stretching if I pointed to obscure fucking pieces of background material. XD This is something that's so blatantly in your face, it's clear Martin is responsible. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well, his siblings Ranni and Rykard did too, but Radahn makes them look like losers by not being a gothy edgelord about it. XD 

Except Rykard let himself be eaten by a giant Snake God and turned into an abomination that devours souls. He's evil, but he's fucking metalXD

I'd be stretching if I pointed to obscure fucking pieces of background material. XD This is something that's so blatantly in your face, it's clear Martin is responsible. 

Miquella is a hermaphrodite and their purpose, the empyrians is simply to be a baby machine for the greater will, so even if he did agree its not really "gay" like you're thinking. It's not a sexual thing at all in the traditional sense, they would become one being. 

If anything the entire process is kinda weird, fusing with a woman and becoming her sounds also pretty gay to me lol so either way you are fucked. But there's not gonna be any red lion butt pounding sorry to disappoint xD 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Miquella is a hermaphrodite and their purpose, the empyrians is simply to be a baby machine for the greater will, so even if he did agree its not really "gay" like you're thinking. It's not a sexual thing at all in the traditional sense, they would become one being. 

If anything the entire process is kinda weird, fusing with a woman and becoming her sounds also pretty gay to me lol so either way you are fucked. But there's not gonna be any red lion butt pounding sorry to disappoint xD 

Malenia: Radahn dosen't want to marry you anymore, brother

Miquella: "I DON'T CARE WHAT HE WANTS, I WANT MY FUCKING RED BULL. SEND YOUR ARMIES!"

Malenia: *sigh*

• Haha 2

I don’t think it’s especially weird that young Radahn would be set up as young Miquella’s consort back in the day when things were normal. That seemed to just be part and parcel with the way they did things.

I also don’t think it’s very strange that Radahn would’ve agreed (though I’m not sure he wasn't manipulated to by Miq) because he was the most loyal and dutiful of them all.

But as far as judging Radahn’s character goes, actions speak louder than words, and at some point or another he did say "screw this" and fought a defensive war against Miquella and had to be killed and resurrected as a thrall in order to go through with the "promise". I agree with Colonel that this counts for a lot more than something he may have said centuries ago, for unknown reasons and under unknown context. 

• Like 1