Soulsborne Thread #12

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Joking aside, you can find pretty much thousands of Hornsent civillians who died unjustly and horrible: with dozens of ghosts talking about the horrible ways they were slaughtered for just existing. All of which had nothing to with the Jar Gaol's XD

The starting zone is literally just a gigantic graveyard with ghost tombstones literally the ground. XD 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and if wasn't clear: the Hornsent aren't saints (even if it's horrible what happened to them.) 

Hide contents

They are responsible for at least two smaller scale genocides. 

Sounds familiar, elf lover

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

There's this longhaft greataxe you get from another death knight that's really cool. Its a str/faith lightning weapon that has a similar ash of war to the paired axe version. It even has crescent axe r2s!

Those guys are definitely worth farming for their gear

Major major major spoilers ahead, not final boss.

This is my all time favorite gank fight. The way our fellowship crumbled, dividing the sides between Leda and Sir Ansbach was wonderful. We didn't need a Griffith to betray us, did that ourselves. It was doomed from the start, such as it is when everyone has their own reasons for following Miquella into the Land of Shadows.

I sided with Sir Ansbach, as the contender for Elden Lord I could not allow a rival god to potentially challenge me.

It's poetic that Knight Leda's paranoia and fears led to the breaking of the fellowship, as Ansbach and Poison Boi St. Trina Enjoyer we're not threats to her or Miquella.

Seeing everyone who used to be allies tearing each other's throats apart will be one of my favorite memories of this game. That was incredibly fun use of how dialogue makes NPC battles top tier. 

• Like 1

Final boss is dead, final verdict: Eh.

Major spoilers ahead.

With how unplayably laggy it gets into phase 2, not to mention the constant spell spam, and I do me constant as it's always flying off with every melee attack. I had to finally break down and use greatshield and rapier combo.

What a goddamn disappointment. As with the lag I literally could not dodge all of the attacks and died every time.

A hollow victory but... it matches the boss. Radahn just wasn't all there, not a single line of dialogue. It almost gives the impression that he was quite literally not all there, a false copy of the original demigod, puppeteered by Miquella.

Huge shame phase 2 is so bad, it killed all the hype I had. Good luck with him boys!

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Those guys are definitely worth farming for their gear

You’re talking about Messmer’s knights, right? The Death Knights are something different; they are connected to Godwyn. Far as I’ve seen, they only appear as bosses.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Watching asmon play for three mins instantly made me feel better about myself lmfao

Streamers will do that. always feel like I suck when playing, then I watch someone else and realize "oh wow, I’m not actually that bad". XD 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re talking about Messmer’s knights, right? The Death Knights are something different; they are connected to Godwyn. Far as I’ve seen, they only appear as bosses.

How are you so far ahead of me lol, don’t think I’ve seen one

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not. We’ve just explored differently. Mine was a dungeon boss.

Oh I see. I am trying to get all the nooks I missed, but some parts of the map that seem accessible aren’t. Arent yet, anyway

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is one reason I’m glad I didn’t play Elden Ring when y’all did lol tho it is fun, but I get mad fomo lol

It’s all good brotha. Don’t view it as a race.

Because Czar and Balrog will win every time. XD 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Oh I see. I am trying to get all the nooks I missed, but some parts of the map that seem accessible aren’t. Arent yet, anyway

That’s what I’m doing. Some full ass map regions are hard to figure out how to reach, but actually are.

I shouldn’t have any regions unlocked that you haven’t, though. You’re further along than me.