Soulsborne Thread #12

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ggs that is indeed impressive Czar, I forgot about dragon grease lol might have to try that

It's pretty pointless in the base game as there are better buffs against dragons ironically. But Bayle? Dragonwound seemed to mess him up.

I lost track of how many attempts that was, only died about five times but while trying to learn his attack patterns and get used to the camera (such as when to lock on and when to free aim), and quit out a lot.

Probably upper twenties in attempts

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's pretty pointless in the base game as there are better buffs against dragons ironically. But Bayle? Dragonwound seemed to mess him up.

I lost track of how many attempts that was, only died about five times but while trying to learn his attack patterns and get used to the camera (such as when to lock on and when to free aim), and quit out a lot.

Probably upper twenties in attempts

What’s the purpose of quitting out instead of dying?

I almost beat the fucker just now yet again with that method. Its kinda funny that dragon grease on giant hunt with an ultra greatsword actually outdamages the dragonslayer sword lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh shit. Oh fucking shit. OH shit. You guys aren't ready for some of the lore reveals. 

Reveal hidden contents

Marika's village. So the numen are truly from the Land of Shadows. 

Lmao I talked about that before, it's very somber and creepy. In a lonely sense

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and if wasn't clear: the Hornsent aren't saints (even if it's horrible what happened to them.) 

Hide contents

They are responsible for at least two smaller scale genocides. 

Who'd they genocide?

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I almost beat the fucker just now yet again with that method. Its kinda funny that dragon grease on giant hunt with an ultra greatsword actually outdamages the dragonslayer sword lol

You got this brooo!

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh shit. Oh fucking shit. OH shit. You guys aren't ready for some of the lore reveals. 

Hide contents

Marika's village. So the numen are truly from the Land of Shadows. 

Also

The Numen are likely not from the Land of Shadows because it used to be physically connected to the Lands Between before Marika's ascension. And the Numen are said to hail from across the sea.

Marika certainly is from the Land of Shadows, but I don't think it's the Numen homeland

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Who'd they genocide?

Marika's people were slaughter wholesale by them: and they turned them into meatstock

GQx2QGebUAAAxj6?format=jpg&name=small

They also drove the Bloodfiends (the Morlock looking fuckers who worship the Formless mother) underground by swordpoint, and they were forced into their pact with the Outer God.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Marika's people were slaughter wholesale by them: and they turned them into meatstock

GQx2QGebUAAAxj6?format=jpg&name=small

They also drove the Bloodfiends (the Morlock looking fuckers who worship the Formless mother) underground by swordpoint, and they were forced into their pact with the Outer God.

Somehow, I don't feel quite as bad for the Hornsent anymore XD

As Ysgramor famously said: Fuck around and find out.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also

Reveal hidden contents

The Numen are likely not from the Land of Shadows because it used to be physically connected to the Lands Between before Marika's ascension. And the Numen are said to hail from across the sea.

Marika certainly is from the Land of Shadows, but I don't think it's the Numen homeland

Makes sense.

The player can be of Numen descent as well but is still from the Lands Between. Perhaps Marika’s village was a Numen colony.

Their butchery by the Hornsent would certainly explain her ordering Messmer to brutalize the place after becoming a goddess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think it's a cynical thing: everyone's so hateful they keep repeating the same thing as revenge, until their so consumed by it and they become monsters: no better than the people who did it in the first place. 

It shows Marika to be tragic...and she went on to do the exact same thing to the Misbegotten and the Omens in the Lands Between (who had nothing to do with the Hornsent).  

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and you can find a ghost talking about 

Hide contents

how "shamans" are being tortured and forced into the jars. Which all comes to it's head when you reach her homeland titled "Shaman village" 

God that makes it all the more tragic.

Marika knew nobody was left to bask in the golden light, because they had been killed off to a man. I wonder how she survived. I was under the impression that her ambition somehow was the cause.

Marika is easily one of most sinister character in the setting, but I can sympathize with her.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Really sad thing about Messmer :( 

Hide contents

You can find a hidden Infirmary in his keep: filled with Jars and sick-beds. Seems like he was trying to fix and rehabilitate him. 

GQzLrBbX0AA3vSy(1).thumb.jpg.a47828b59eec6a38aaba76981902cee1.jpg

There's a lot of lore I haven't been talking about that shows Messmer to be a much more kind and heroic character than seems at face value.

He's very much a character of tragedy

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Joking aside, you can find pretty much thousands of Hornsent civillians who died unjustly and horrible: with dozens of ghosts talking about the horrible ways they were slaughtered for just existing. All of which had nothing to with the Jar Gaol's XD