Soulsborne Thread #12

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Did yall summon Ahab the Dragon Hunter? 

I normally don’t summon for bosses but I that NPC is awesome and I don’t want to miss his storyline.

Almost there myself. I had to take a break for House of the Dragon. Might wait til later this week, though. My shadow level is only 10. XD 

Just a headups: most of the NPC's in Shadows have unique (and really cool dialogue) when you summon them in fights. Which I'm going to do in my second playthrough 

My theory for this world and Bayle included is that it operates similarly to the shadows for the empyrians. 

So we already know its a shadow world, as in a mirror to the lands between yea. Well, maybe this predates the wolf followers they got later, and everyone had a nemesis so to speak, and Bayle is Placidusax's, and in this world he's mega strong because he's in his element. 

If so, that would explain why there's so much focus on that here, as it might reflect the MQ in a way, like maybe Miquella was seeking to become the Marika of the shadow realm

Maybe he could only do that after we killed her shadow and released the rune of death. 

I dunno, spitballing here.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

especially when you remember placidusax was the elden lord of that time, and where do we get access to placidusax? 

The same place that the beast folk who would be made into shadows for empyrians dwelled. And just like how theyre remnants of the past, the shadow world also exists in the past/a parallel universe.

Past present, dark light, two finger duality. They like mirroring that and adopting that metaphysical state.

I might be grasping at straws here also but placidusax had five heads, I wonder if that at all mirrors a hand with five appendages. That it had three of those heads removed might not be a coincidence 

It's an interesting theory, but you can find an item ontop a tower that states the Lands of Shadow are THE CENTER of the Lands Between (which is why it fits roughly in the missing piece of the map), and there's a massive illusion spell going on that seals entry into it. 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Dammit almost got him again! Fromsoft and adding super damaging attacks when a boss is near dead XD

Aight I'm gonna add all my healing options to the bar, wish me luck. If I get him close again I'm going all in

Good luck bro

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont care xD I still call cap lol

Unless he's wounded, decapitated and also the joe biden equivalent of what he used to be, there aint no way lol

Look closing Bayle is missing one of his legs and he's fucked all over; Placy at least held his own against him XD But this was likely hundreds of years ago. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It's an interesting theory, but you can find an item ontop a tower that states the Lands of Shadow are THE CENTER of the Lands Between (which is why it fits roughly in the missing piece of the map), and there's a massive illusion spell going on that seals entry into it. 

I dont think that messes with the theory at all, think about that crucible black circle on my armor

That darkness being at the heart is a very japanese thing, like hollows. Still shows a duality though.

And there's dialogue about that from Ranni's number one simp, his being in her heart or something like it

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Look closing Bayle is missing one of his legs and he's fucked all over; Placy at least held his own against him XD But this was likely hundreds of years ago. 

He still fights like Mike Tyson in dragon form xD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Any significance to the missing part of the map, which the Shadow Lands fit into, being surrounded by the towers with the Fingers on top?

Guarantee those are like the towers in elder scrolls. Anchoring the land. Which means its possible that without the greater will, the land itself unravels, as we know it anyway. 

It would make sense, and mean that before with the crucible the land probably wasnt as stable or set in stone

Say balrog, you probably know this. Whats the significance of hollows in japanese culture, I assume its japanese because the same concept exists in bleach. Hole at the center of the chest or on the body somewhere, etc. 

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Say balrog, you probably know this. Whats the significance of hollows in japanese culture, I assume its japanese because the same concept exists in bleach. Hole at the center of the chest or on the body somewhere, etc. 

It's mind-numbingly complicated; this is a good article explaining it. 

https://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/93/9312/japan.html

"At present, there is a similar danger," he warned, explaining that, if his countrymen feel "pressured" enough to perceive a disturbance in the general balance, they may seek "someone to step into the hollow center to reestablish equilibrium. ... This could lead to fascism." But he insisted that if a majority of the components of Japanese society are kept strong, they will prevent any single threat, however powerful, to the hollow center.

I did it fuckers!!!!!!

Bayle is dead, holy SHIT what an insane dragon fight.

This is the single remembrance boss this far that I felt ultra weapons were viable against too. Ultra Greatsword with Giant Hunt and dragonwound grease obliterates him. Does almost 5k damage when hitting his head with a counterhit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This makes a lot of sense actually. Definitely should read balrog's link. The beginning I knew about already, the eastern paradigm difference. But, this part seems very relevant to elden ring lore and this dlc.