Soulsborne Thread #12

@BigBossBalrog

(Don’t read this one, Colonel. XD I’m certain you’d rather find this yourself than read about it. And you certainly will find it.)

The Jagged Peaks might be the most epic location in this entire game! The burning dust storms, the insane vistas, Ahab, the priestess, the giant corpse, hardly any enemies besides a gauntlet of dragon bosses! It is so cool just riding through, slowly scaling the mountain as the storms worsen towards the top.

And the dueling dragons, man! What an epic encounter, riding up and seeing them smashing chunks of mountain everywhere because of the sheer weight of their fight. So damn cool.

The buildup to Bayle is amazing. I fear I’m way underleveled (shadow levels) to actually beat him at this time, but it’s hard not to want to press onward just because it’s so well-done. Feels like a brutal old school dragonslayer fantasy, where the hero has to scale the highest mountain to defeat the greatest evil. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

i cant even use this weeb sword without a rune lol, who has 20 dexterity pfft

Can you use the Ash of War? Might not be optimal but if you can, then it still might be better than what you’ve got now. Ever since I got that thing, I’ve been dicing up every dragon first try. 

Have a feeling that won’t be the case for Bayle, though. Apparently he’s one of the toughest bosses in Elden Ring. XD 

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

(Don’t read this one, Colonel. XD I’m certain you’d rather find this yourself than read about it. And you certainly will.)

Hide contents

The Jagged Peaks might be the most epic location in this entire game! The burning dust storms, the insane vistas, Ahab, the priestess, the giant corpse, hardly any enemies besides a gauntlet of dragon bosses! It is so cool just riding through, slowly scaling the mountain as the storms worsen towards the top.

And the dueling dragons, man! What an epic encounter, riding up and seeing them smashing chunks of mountain everywhere because of the sheer weight of their fight. So damn cool.

The buildup to Bayle is amazing. I fear I’m way underleveled (shadow levels) to actually beat him at this time, but it’s hard not to want to press onward just because it’s so well-done. Feels like a brutal old school dragonslayer fantasy, where the hero has to scale the highest mountain to defeat the greatest evil. 

Or howbout the reveal that Bayle is responsible for ripping off the Dragon Lord's head 

XD Fucking crazy man. Absolutely terrifying character, there's some other really cool lore revelations that I won't spoil. The fact you can find MOUTAINS of his dead children in the area just screams Dragon Satan XD

The encounter you mentioned was one of of my favorite so far: I'm glad they want the effort of giving the Peak Dragons new attacks, but that set-piece of the three of them killing each other in a tornado is one of the most badass things I've ever seen 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

(Don’t read this one, Colonel. XD I’m certain you’d rather find this yourself than read about it. And you certainly will find it.)

Reveal hidden contents

fuck you lmao

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Can you use the Ash of War? Might not be optimal but if you can, then it still might be better than what you’ve got now. Ever since I got that thing, I’ve been dicing up every dragon first try. 

Have a feeling that won’t be the case for Bayle, though. Apparently he’s one of the toughest bosses in Elden Ring. XD 

No lol you cant use an ash of war if you dont meet the requirements

I just used a sigil tho or whatever they're called, gave me enough

And yea this sword is a godsend xD God I need this for the next playthrough, fuck it just gonna do new game plus 2 lol.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What? I wanna talk about it while it’s fresh on my mind, but don’t want to spoil you. This is one you’ll be glad to find yourself.

because im tempted to read it and its right in front of me lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

because im tempted to read it and its right in front of me lol

I could go to PMs if you’d prefer. But I rarely tell you not to read spoilers because I know you don’t care much. I say it this time because I know you, and I know you’ll want to experience this one yourself. :lol: Especially a particular part of it.

You’re good to come back and read it once you’ve encountered that wounded "Ahab" guy again who screams about wanting to kill Bayle. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'll be fine lol just fomo cause I cant play as much as yall rn

Well the weekend’s almost over so I’m about to be back with ya in that boat. :lol: 

If it’s any consolation, I’m playing as slow as I can. The Shadow Keep has been in my face for hours and I haven’t even touched the outskirts yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if you catch up and finish the MQ before me.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Well the weekend’s almost over so I’m about to be back with ya in that boat. :lol: 

If it’s any consolation, I’m playing as slow as I can. The Shadow Keep has been in my face for hours and I haven’t even touched the outskirts yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if you catch up and finish the MQ before me.

I got raped there so that was a good indicator i wasnt ready

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im scared.

There's never been this much buildup to a boss thats not even the main villain lol

Have you met the priestess? If not, fast travel back to the communion fire and she should be there. Even more buildup from her. ;) 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Have you met the priestess? If not, fast travel back to the communion fire and she should be there. Even more buildup from her. ;) 

Bro im well past that. Im at the dragon himself lol

• Like 1