Soulsborne Thread #12

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sounds like I juuust missed that then lol, so many twists and turns

and yes I’m loving this location it’s crazy alien, like they terraformed it for their creations to live and invade 

Did you already talk with Count Ymir? It's part of his quest, the finger ruins are easily the most otherworldly area in the game

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Did you already talk with Count Ymir? It's part of his quest, the finger ruins are easily the most otherworldly area in the game

Nah I just stumbled across it, no idea who that is

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

Sounds like I juuust missed that then lol, so many twists and turns

and yes I’m loving this location it’s crazy alien, like they terraformed it for their creations to live and invade 

I got lucky. There are like five different paths you can take going that direction. XD I think this is the closest one to the river. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Mine gave me an anvil hammer lmfao

I did that one too. XD Those forge dungeons are cool. 

The throwing dagger and spear you get from them are sick. They respawn in your hand after being thrown.

I love how unique they made the smaller dungeons. Even with the same theme, they have vastly different layouts, are bigger  more varied puzzles and traps, and more secrets. You can see a really good progression from the chalice dungeons, the ones in vanilla, and this.

• Like 1

I love how in the overland, every time you go "I want to explore in this direction", it will inevitably fork off into two or three exclusive paths, and then you choose one and it also forks into exclusive paths. XD 

Fromsoft worked some black magic into their map design because they managed to deceptively make it look "just big" when in truth, it is gigantic.

I am making liberal use of the map markers or else I would be forgetting stuff constantly. 

• Haha 1

Yea I get lost xD A lot. I am discovering shit by accident of course, while not getting where Im trying to go lmao

That’s been my experience as well and I love it. Trying to cherish it while I can because that sense of total unfamiliarity, exploring, getting lost, is the one thing you can only get on your first playthrough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s been my experience as well and I love it. Trying to cherish it while I can because that sense of total unfamiliarity, exploring, getting lost, is the one thing you can only get on your first playthrough. 

speaking of, i finally found the path i was looking for, the trick was ignoring my surroundings and actually following the road lmao 

Bayle! O Bayle! 

Thanks to my snooping I know who that is now lol, big ass magma dragon... so Ima need that sword probably lol

• Haha 1

I dont have it

Oh crap. Sorry, thought you meant a different dragon who can be found after the Pit. You’ll get the sword at the end of the dungeon. 

The one you’re fighting now is optional though. You can go the other way, kill the boss, then come back and spank him with the swords, or just ignore him. He drops a +10 smithing stone and a heart. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh crap. Sorry, thought you meant a different dragon who can be found after the Pit. You’ll get the sword at the end of the dungeon. 

The one you’re fighting now is optional though. You can go the other way, kill the boss, then come back and spank him with the swords, or just ignore him. He drops a +10 smithing stone and a heart. 

The other way I went seemed like a dead end so i thought maybe i had to kill this bitch to get to the blood shrine thingy