Soulsborne Thread #12

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Speaking of which @The Good Doctor @BigBossBalrog

Did the lore/backstory of your characters ever change or make any new ones? Especially for the dlc?

I was RPING (with the Prisoner Class as a crux) as a Carian Knight taking prisoner during the Linuarian Civil War with my spellblade. Going to rock Loretta's armor, and use the Dark Moon Greatsword or Moonveil; before I can find the first intelligence weapon in the DLC 

• Like 2

Speaking of which @The Good Doctor @BigBossBalrog

Did the lore/backstory of your characters ever change or make any new ones? Especially for the dlc?

It didn’t change. It’ll be the same characters with the same backstory going in. Though maybe I’ll make a new character based on the DLC if it inspires me to do so. 

Like Colonel, I’m not certain when exactly I’ll be playing it. Probably not day 1, though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It didn’t change. It’ll be the same characters with the same backstory going in. Though maybe I’ll make a new character based on the DLC if it inspires me to do so. 

Like Colonel, I’m not certain when exactly I’ll be playing it. Probably not day 1, though. 

I imagine you want to finish MGSV first XD Miquella can wait; revenge comes first! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I hope this is somehow fake. Because goddamn that Messmer soldier helm looks stupid now. The mask doesn't cover the full face, leaving the mouth exposed XD

2024-02-21-image-21.jpg

I think your obsessing over historical accuracy in a non historical game XD  The design is badass 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I think your obsessing over historical accuracy in a non historical game XD  The design is badass 

I don't care about historic accuracy, I don't wanna see my Tarnished's chin in a mask helm. I aint taking them to the Grand Ball.

I don't care about historic accuracy, I don't wanna see my Tarnished's chin in a mask helm. I aint taking them to the Grand Ball.

Agreeing with ya here. That looks goofy as hell imo. 

Y’all gonna feel real silly when the item description reveals that Messmer only recruits the biggest Chads with the strongest chins, and this design is to prevent any of Marika’s weak-chinned soy boys from infiltrating the ranks.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Y’all gonna feel real silly when the item description reveals that Messmer only recruits the biggest Chads with the strongest chins, and this design is to prevent any of Marika’s weak-chinned soy boys from infiltrating the ranks.

The Tarnished on the right must have used the Ash of War: Anti-Chad Chin Shatter on that soldier.

20 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I hope this is somehow fake. Because goddamn that Messmer soldier helm looks stupid now. The mask doesn't cover the full face, leaving the mouth exposed XD

2024-02-21-image-21.jpg

I would also LOVE if the Messmer soldier armor is alterable, but instead of removing the cloak we can take the maille off and have this nice cloaked tunic without a fucking collar hanging down it like the erdtree commoner ones XD

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ah yes. Messmer's grandest knight, The Scarlet Chin.

• Haha 1

You know what weapon I've missed since playing emulated Demon Souls? The Mirdan Hammer, that shit was the G O A T. You have a blunt damage halberd, with the god tier demon souls moveset.

I really hope there's one in the dlc ;-;

Posted (edited)

@BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor

I've been testing things and it really does feel like the Leonine Misbegotten's one handed two hit combo is undodgeable without bloodhound step.

I've tried dodging in every single direction and at the last possible frame before the first hit damages me. Y'all ever find a way to actually dodge that attack?

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
Testing on the Haligtree one

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I've tried dodging in every single direction and at the last possible frame before the first hit damages me. Y'all ever find a way to actually dodge that attack?

Man, I haven’t played in over a year. But from what I remember, Leonine gets stunned easily by jump and charge attacks. Instead of dodging, go for the interrupt. Or, if the attack is vertical, try jumping over it. 

• Like 1

WAIT I THINK I KNOW LMAO

It's tied to fucking frames, so that's why this one specific attack always fucked me over, it's impossible to dodge at less than 60fps.

He happened to do that attack while I wasn't looking at any particularly graphical area and was able to just regularly dodge what was normally a guaranteed hit.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Man, I haven’t played in over a year. But from what I remember, Leonine gets stunned easily by jump and charge attacks. Instead of dodging, go for the interrupt. Or, if the attack is vertical, try jumping over it. 

All Leonine's other moves are very dodgeable, it's just that one attack that stumped me all this time. As I like to use the Haligtree one as damage tests for my builds.

That one attack cannot be jumped, he swivels up his swing to clip your hitbox when doing so. I think I discovered it's impossible or near impossible to dodge it at the constant 45-50fps I have

26 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor

I've been testing things and it really does feel like the Leonine Misbegotten's one handed two hit combo is undodgeable without bloodhound step.

I've tried dodging in every single direction and at the last possible frame before the first hit damages me. Y'all ever find a way to actually dodge that attack?

Why you @ing them like I don’t play xD

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee