Soulsborne Thread #12

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I thought he said Limgrave + Caelid.

Which still seems waaaay off to me. 

Naaw other people said it seems to be the size of Limgrave, Weeping peninsula and half of Caelid.

But those were just people who could only physically see HALF the map from the hush hush early play test 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

But those were just people who could only physically see HALF the map from the hush hush early play test 

That makes sense. Because I feel like the starting area + maybe one of the several hidden areas you can find from there might lead one to that belief. But even that seems wrong to me because of the insane verticality. There are loads of map sections to explore that are basically stacked right on top of each other, making it way bigger than it looks.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That makes sense. Because I feel like the starting area + maybe one of the several hidden areas you can find from there might lead one to that belief. But even that seems wrong to me because of the insane verticality. There are loads of map sections to explore that are basically stacked right on top of each other, making it way bigger than it looks.

From everything I've experienced, and I haven't even discovered the entire map yet, this dlc is legitimately as big as the main game. There's so much density to the map too, verticality.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

From everything I've experienced, and I haven't even discovered the entire map yet, this dlc is legitimately as big as the main game. There's so much density to the map too, verticality.

I’ve seen memes about how Fromsoft promised a DLC then went and made Elden Ring 2, and they’re starting to make sense. XD 

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

God, there's two areas (thus far) that just makes the Greater Will seem completely alien and unknowable.

Reveal hidden contents

The Finger Ruins.

Stumbling upon those was quite a surprise. :lol: 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Got the boss, that was Dragonlord levels of insanity. I was struggling with light greatsword, heavy thrusting sword (Commander Gaius' badass one) and it was the great katana that won the day.

Is the boss a dragon?

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Commander Gaius is a dude XD

And I only dislike using great shields against a boss due to not needing to learn their movesets. I'm perfectly fine with medium shields due to the carian parry on it.

I know that lmao, I meant because I used cheese tactics to kill twirly bitch. Rallah or whatever.

Greatshields are fine lol not like anybody can just go and pick them up n use them on any build.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Shadow Keep I think is one of the best designed Legacy Dungeons int he whole game. It's like THREE in one; there's so many secrets. And it has

Hide contents

THREE Remembrance Bosses. Crazy. 

I’ve been putting off going there because of the sheer amount of stuff to do around it, but it’s coming up on the docket. XD 

I also found the dragon region. Really damn cool. 

• Like 2

I beat the fire forge golem thing, wasnt nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. Probably because I got more sacred poops, and then marveled at the rest of the map, and an even more powerful fire thingy.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

36 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve been putting off going there because of the sheer amount of stuff to do around it, but it’s coming up on the docket. XD 

I also found the dragon region. Really damn cool. 

Did you find Captain Ahab XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Did you find Captain Ahab XD

Do you mean the guy cursing Bayle’s name and vowing to kill him? If so, yes. XD 

I also just found an ultra greatsword that again is very oversized and just not my taste. But the lore behind it is very cool. Basically an ancient god fashioned a giant arrowhead out of a meteorite, then the foregmasters of a later age reshaped that arrowhead into a huge greatsword. 

It was very well hidden. I wouldn’t have even thought you could reach the spot it was in if not for viable player messages. Still took me a while to figure out how. XD 

• Haha 1