Soulsborne Thread #12

All I know is they’ve been devastating against any enemy who can be staggered. And you can chain their ash of war with normal attacks, and you can chain both the heavy and light attacks with this moveset. In other words, you become an attack spamming Elden Ring boss. XD 

On 6/21/2024 at 7:39 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah been focusing on exploring XD The Blue Coast is such a gorgeous area

That’s where I’ve been for a lot of this evening. Very pretty but it is tough to spot items there! XD 

Did you find the Finger Ruins? Creepy.

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s where I’ve been for a lot of this evening. Very pretty but it is tough to spot items there! XD 

Hide contents

Did you find the Finger Ruins? Creepy.

Yeah. There's a sidequest that let's you unlock it....did you find the sealed fissure? (It opened for me...and I highly recomend you go down there. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

Yeah. There's a sidequest that let's you unlock it....did you find the sealed fissure? (It opened for me...and I highly recomend you go down there. 

I found the Fissure and made it to the bottom, but I have no idea how to open the big golden barrier. 

God i got malenia ptsd all over again with this fucking bitch. Double cheesed her with Maliketh sword and the Greatsword using Giant Hunter Ash of war lol, fuck that bitch XD 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

These swords dont do dick to anything with armor around here tho lol but its a good mooch killer

Got them upgraded? Because I’ve found them very effective against almost everything. Only enemies they’ve been bad for are ones with big fire or magic resist. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Got them upgraded? Because I’ve found them very effective against almost everything. Only enemies they’ve been bad for are ones with big fire or magic resist. 

Fully, they have no hyper armor at all in their attacks, literally anything can stun you while you're beginning the combo so you gotta be careful how you set up.

And lol yea the black knights eat that shit up, the light attack on them is useless. The heavy with the red flame is good tho, as are the standard sword attacks. Which I found way more effective on them.

Just gotta know what works on what enemy. Standard moochs as I said fall quick. But anything else you gotta be careful.

I am also on new game plus so its a bit harder.

Also, as much fun as Ive had with the strength holy build, i gotta admit its pretty ass for the game overall. Before it wasnt so bad since it was just end game enemies that were resistant to your weapons but now that the dlc is out, and all of these enemies also are resistant besides the weakest enemies here, yea holy weapons while cool are pretty inferior to other builds.

Pvp is solid, but pve major meh

Commander Gaius, phew what a... Meh boss.

I dislike using great shields against bosses, but he has a buggy charge attack that requires frame perfect dodges otherwise. Once they fix him I'll kick his ass again without one XD

Salt aside, it's actually really shitty that he has such an overtuned/buggy attack that deals obscene damage. Because otherwise it was really fun dodging his crazy boar riding attacks.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

I dont blame you, I got salty at that bitch. Probably my fault for playing on ng+ but man she's so tough. I almost got her no cheese the 2nd time and after that she just kept spamming and spamming.

So im not gonna judge you for using a shield lol I actually hate how this community shames people for using tactics built into the game lol.

Only mages should be shunned.

Minor spoiler, with fascinating implications.

Marika is FROM the land of shadows. We can actually find her village here. It has this eerie vibe to it. With the golden light bathing only a few dilapidated buildings, alongside the very rare instance of non boss background music. Think Ash Lake.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont blame you, I got salty at that bitch. Probably my fault for playing on ng+ but man she's so tough. I almost got her no cheese the 2nd time and after that she just kept spamming and spamming.

So im not gonna judge you for using a shield lol I actually hate how this community shames people for using tactics built into the game lol.

Only mages should be shunned.

Commander Gaius is a dude XD

And I only dislike using great shields against a boss due to not needing to learn their movesets. I'm perfectly fine with medium shields due to the carian parry on it.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Commander Gaius is a dude XD

And I only dislike using great shields against a boss due to not needing to learn their movesets. I'm perfectly fine with medium shields due to the carian parry on it.

Actually I think we're thinking of two different bosses

I’ve made it in with two characters now just because I wanted certain items for the other. XD Yeah, it can’t be stressed enough that the Shadow level is super important. It’s the #1 determiner of difficulty in this DLC.