Soulsborne Thread #12

So I lied. Ended up playing it for an hour tonight just to get a feel for what’s in store. 

I like it. The map is gorgeous.

World enemies seem about on par with late base game in terms of difficulty. Though there are a few drastic spikes, including one random dickhead who From placed right near the start. XD Granted, I am way out of practice and can tell I suck at the game right now. 

Found a couple weapons already. First was a giant hammer, too giant for my taste. :lol: Second was those twin backhand blades from the trailer. I have hundreds of smithing stones so I went ahead and upgraded those up to +24. Will see this weekend if they are any good. 

There is a new progression system that only affects you in the Shadow Lands. The enemies are tanky and hit very hard, but you can find items in the world that will permanently buff you against them to even the odds.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

So I lied. Ended up playing it for an hour tonight just to get a feel for what’s in store. 

Hide contents

I like it. The map is gorgeous.

World enemies seem about on par with late base game in terms of difficulty. Though there are a few drastic spikes, including one random dickhead who From placed right near the start. XD Granted, I am way out of practice and can tell I suck at the game right now. 

Found a couple weapons already. First was a giant hammer, too giant for my taste. :lol: Second was those twin backhand blades from the trailer. I have hundreds of smithing stones so I went ahead and upgraded those up to +24. Will see this weekend if they are any good. 

There is a new progression system that only affects you in the Shadow Lands. The enemies are tanky and hit very hard, but you can find items in the world that will permanently buff you against them to even the odds.

Played myself. 

The Omen with Chakras? 

:rofl: I got him on my first try; but it was close, the only thing that saved me was the fact I'm rocking the greatsword, and I could stunlock him enough. 

Played about four hours. Loving it. There's so much variety; it's kind of crazy playing ER again without knowing all the details. Finished the first Legacy Dungeon (which was built like a terracotta Chinese fortress, and a bunch of a smaller dungeons; which all are way more unique then the OG games. One of them provides the origin stories of the JAR WARRIORS.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Played myself. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Omen with Chakras? 

:rofl: I got him on my first try; but it was close, the only thing that saved me was the fact I'm rocking the greatsword, and I could stunlock him enough. 

Played about four hours. Loving it. There's so much variety; it's kind of crazy playing ER again without knowing all the details. Finished the first Legacy Dungeon (which was built like a terracotta Chinese fortress, and a bunch of a smaller dungeons; which all are way more unique then the OG games. One of them provides the origin stories of the JAR WARRIORS.  

Yeah, that’s him. XD 

I suppose he’s the obligatory "hard enemy to warn/scare/troll new players at the very beginning" that Fromsoft love so much.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, that’s him. XD 

Hide contents

I suppose he’s the obligatory "hard enemy to warn/scare/troll new players at the very beginning" that Fromsoft love so much.

Did you find the even bigger troll?! Holy shit, seeing that looming in the distance made me panic :rofl:

Also holy SHITFUCK was Rellana incredibly hard.

Took me about seven tries, each but two attempts experimenting with different weapons. I originally tried parrying but she hard counters that by constantly mixing the timing and dead angling around my shield.

Tried the Ultra Greatsword Greatsword and while I got her down to the first name, she still clapped me.

Did some faster weapons but didn't enjoy the tiny damage. In the end it was the Maleketh ultra that won the day :D

Her weapon is SICK as hell but with sketchy stat requirements. It's a quality weapon with mandatory 16/16 faith int.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor @BigBossBalrog

Hide contents

Two things, where'd y'all find the reverse grip swords? Ive cleared the first two major bosses... And Yoda... but haven't found them?

Also I've seen player ghosts wearing that Miquella paladin lady's armor really early on. But haven't found that either, got a clue?

Starting area.

Just past the first giant fire basket monster on a little platform surrounded by some easy mobs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also holy SHITFUCK was Rellana incredibly hard.

Reveal hidden contents

Took me about seven tries, each but two attempts experimenting with different weapons. I originally tried parrying but she hard counters that by constantly mixing the timing and dead angling around my shield.

Tried the Ultra Greatsword Greatsword and while I got her down to the first name, she still clapped me.

Did some faster weapons but didn't enjoy the tiny damage. In the end it was the Maleketh ultra that won the day :D

Her weapon is SICK as hell but with sketchy stat requirements. It's a quality weapon with mandatory 16/16 faith int.

Is Rellana the one from the trailer-

-who carries dual blue and red flame swords?

If so, I’m coming for dat ass this weekend! Those things are beautiful and I meet those stat requirements.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s a class act response right there. And very badass artwork. 

Though it is funny that they used Geralt slaying Mohg to represent Witcher losing its spot to Elden Ring. XD 

I think it's showing Geralt wanting to access the DLC in a roundabout way :rofl:

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is Rellana the one from the trailer-

Hide contents

-who carries dual blue and red flame swords?

If so, I’m coming for dat ass this weekend! Those things are beautiful and I meet those stat requirements.

That's the one, her weapons are reeeeeally cool. Way cooler than sword of night and flame

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's the one, her weapons are reeeeeally cool. Way cooler than sword of night and flame

I need to git gid pronto, because if y'all are saying she’s tough then I’m probably not in shape to take her on yet. Still in the process of re-teaching myself not to panic roll. XD But hey, that’s the fun of it.

Still, I played another 45 minutes during lunch today there haven’t been any enemies that have been too tough, yet. And I’ve been using the backhand blades for the change of pace they bring. Those things are really deadly for an aggressive playstyle (ash of war is good but takes some practice to get used to aiming it right), but I reckon some encounters would be a cakewalk if I decided to cheese them with Sacred Relic Sword.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm still loving it; but holy fuck is it exhausting. I consider myself a pretty good player, but some of the stuff is brutal . Holy crap, the dev team was being deliciously sadistic. 

Toughest enemy you’ve fought so far?

Only boss I’ve encountered is the Blackgaol Knight. Just a side boss though. He wasn’t too bad. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Toughest enemy you’ve fought so far?

Only boss I’ve encountered is the Blackgaol Knight. Just a side boss though. He wasn’t too bad. 

The Twin Moon Knight. I beat her, but holy crap did it make me earn it. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They pretty much made Araya Stark as a battle-mage XD

They also included an X-Men character. XD 

Wolverine attacked me in the woods near the beginning. Has beast claw hands and his name is "Logur". :rofl: 

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I can't believe people used to think Old Hunters and Ringed City were the hardest pieces of content FROM could make 

That would be a strange thing to believe when the Haligtree and Malenia are easily harder than the vast majority of those DLCs already.

• Like 1