Soulsborne Thread #12

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

The fire of the giants is inherent in Messmer...and his sister Melina. So I assume there father was a giant. 

Would explain why they’re left out of every other mention of the family tree. Marika/Radagon claims the proper demigod children she/he had with Godfrey and Rennala, but any borne by a giant would probably be kept secret, as the omen children were.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Holy. Shit. Holy...shit. *Balrog's mouth literally drops to the fucking floor.*

Reveal hidden contents

My. Lord. MOHG. Has. Just. Been. Vindicated. 

GUYS YOU AREN'T READY FOR SOME OF THIS INSANITY. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Holy. Shit. Holy...shit. *Balrog's mouth literally drops to the fucking floor.*

Reveal hidden contents

My. Lord. MOHG. Has. Just. Been. Vindicated. 

Has he? I dunno. 

I think his reaction of trying to conquer the Lands Between with demonic blood magic, an army of radicalized albinaurics, and his brother’s own corpse is still pretty evil. XD 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Would explain why they’re left out of every other mention of the family tree. Marika/Radagon claims the proper demigod children she/he had with Godfrey and Rennala, but any borne by a giant would probably be kept secret, as the omen children were.

They're bastard children. Marika has alot to answer for. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Has he? I dunno. 

Hide contents

I think his reaction of trying to conquer the Lands Between with demonic blood magic, an army of radicalized albinaurics, and his brother’s own corpse is still pretty evil. XD 

Miquella seduced him (with the help of his charm magic). And it specifically mentions Mohg's initial dream was to create a place where oppressed people's would no longer suffer from the golden order...before losing himself to the Formless Mother. 

There's some crazy shit about how after Radahn choose to protect his sister over his interests, Miquella had a meltdown. He completely misunderstood his reasoning (Radahn picked up his great rune in the first place, so he could earn the strength to be worthy of being Miquella's consort. He wasn't trying to go against his wishes at all). However, Miquella assumed he was choosing Ranni over him, because him tethering fate was preventing him from enacting his Halitree takeover. So he sent Malenia (who was deeply conflicted, cause Radahn was a surrogate brother to her) to KILL HIM, AND IMPRISON HIS SOUL IN THE SHADOW LANDS. The Radahn we fight isn't Radahn, it's HIM and MOHG's Imprisoned, tortured souls inside a Frakenstein monster! 

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

The fire of the giants is inherent in Messmer...and his sister Melina. So I assume there father was a giant. 

Radagon is believed to be half, because of

The hair, so it'd just come from him as a more likely explanation

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Miquella seduced him (with the help of his charm magic). And it specifically mentions Mohg's initial dream was to create a place where oppressed people's would no longer suffer from the golden order...before losing himself to the Formless Mother. 

There's some crazy shit about how after Radahn choose to protect his sister over his interests, Miquella had a meltdown. He completely misunderstood his reasoning (Radahn picked up his great rune in the first place, so he could earn the strength to be worthy of being Miquella's consort. He wasn't trying to go against his wishes at all). However, Miquella assumed he was choosing Ranni over him, because him tethering fate was preventing him from enacting his Halitree takeover. So he sent Malenia (who was deeply conflicted, cause Radahn was a surrogate brother to her) to KILL HIM, AND IMPRISON HIS SOUL IN THE SHADOW LANDS. The Radahn we fight isn't Radahn, it's HIM and MOHG's Imprisoned, tortured souls inside a Frakenstein monster! 

In other words 

Miquella is a bitch. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He's a monster. Like fuck. Holy fuck. 

Would explain a certain trailer quote.

"Pure and Radiant. He wields love to shrive clean the hearts of men. There is nothing more terrifying."

In a world that contains shit like Mohg and Rykard, Miquella's "love" is described as the most terrifying thing in existence.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Would explain a certain trailer quote.

Hide contents

"Pure and Radiant. He wields love to shrive clean the hearts of men. There is nothing more terrifying."

In a world that contains shit like Mohg and Rykard, Miquella's "love" is described as the most terrifying thing in existence.

"Kindly Miquella is the most fiercest Empyrean in existence." 

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Radagon is believed to be half, because of

Reveal hidden contents

The hair, so it'd just come from him as a more likely explanation

We’ll find out soon, but I could definitely buy them being bastards of a Fire Giant, considering that they have a particular connection to dark flames that isn’t present with the other kids associated with Radagon.

There's a sequence when the player is surrounded by Miquella's fanatical followers (and this includes Freyja, the Redmane)...and it looks like it's going to be a five V 1 gank against you...only for MOHG'S FOLLOWERS TO SUMMON THEMSELVES INTO THE BATTLEFIELD TO RESCUE YOU. Like Holy shit. HE DID NOTHING WRONG. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

We’ll find out soon, but I could definitely buy them being bastards of a Fire Giant, considering that they have a particular connection to dark flames that isn’t present with the other kids associated with Radagon.

wouldnt it make more sense tho that its from 

radagon and he simply didnt show those traits because he rejected that side of his canonically and was ashamed of it, and instead was team golden order.

Simpler explanation is usually the correct one.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a sequence when the player is surrounded by Miquella's fanatical followers (and this includes Freyja, the Redmane)...and it looks like it's going to be a five V 1 gank against you...only for MOHG'S FOLLOWERS TO SUMMON THEMSELVES INTO THE BATTLEFIELD TO RESCUE YOU. Like Holy shit. HE DID NOTHING WRONG. 

That is very cool. I think I’m gonna stop reading the spoilers now, though, because this is one of those things I’d like to experience for myself. XD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

wouldnt it make more sense tho that its from 

Hide contents

radagon and he simply didnt show those traits because he rejected that side of his canonically and was ashamed of it, and instead was team golden order.

Simpler explanation is usually the correct one.

I don’t find that simpler. XD Especially when 

Radagon being part fire giant is not a certainty to begin with.

Hefty whip woven from the flame-red hair of a Fire Giant.

Every giant is red of hair, and Radagon was said to have despised his own red locks. Perhaps that was a curse of their kind.

giant's_red_braid_weapon_elden_ring_wiki

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hefty whip woven from the flame-red hair of a Fire Giant.

Every giant is red of hair, and Radagon was said to have despised his own red locks. Perhaps that was a curse of their kind.

giant's_red_braid_weapon_elden_ring_wiki

Forgot about that. Good point.

Although I think the fact that all these kids associated with the flame are secret children, and so far have only explicitly been tied to Marika, not Radagon, makes me think there’s more to it.

Why hide Melina if she is just another Marika-Radagon spawn like Malenia and Miquella?

Could go either way or be something else entirely. But in any of these cases, we’re still missing a piece of the puzzle.

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Forgot about that. Good point.

Hide contents

Although I think the fact that all these kids associated with the flame are secret children, and so far have only explicitly been tied to Marika, not Radagon, makes me think there’s more to it.

Why hide Melina if she is just another Marika-Radagon spawn like Malenia and Miquella?

Could go either way or be something else entirely. But in any of these cases, we’re still missing a piece of the puzzle.

My guess to Melina is because her purpose as kindling is taboo and a cardinal sin, yet the archaeologist revealed it’s been done before and the erdtree is burned periodically