Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

That said I think one of my mods mustve increased my odds with things somehow in the game because for instance cait has unlocked every lock i had her open by the second attempt, even master locks

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

That said I think one of my mods mustve increased my odds with things somehow in the game because for instance cait has unlocked every lock i had her open by the second attempt, even master locks

One way to test it would be to go and try again on a different one. Think there’s one at that Russian bar in Diamond City. If it happens again on your first try, then it’s probably a mod unless you’ve got like 1/1000 luck. XD If it doesn’t, then you just got super lucky the first time. 

34 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

One way to test it would be to go and try again on a different one. Think there’s one at that Russian bar in Diamond City. If it happens again on your first try, then it’s probably a mod unless you’ve got like 1/1000 luck. XD If it doesn’t, then you just got super lucky the first time. 

This demonstrates far more commitment than I ever conjured up. XD 

There is a whole thread full of these. Our future is one giant meme.

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Get this. Microsoft is marketing new laptops with Copilot AI bloatware, and they have a feature they're calling "Recall" that stores images of everything you ever do on your computer. They claim the data will stay local on the PC, but obviously it's intended to be used to train their AI. There's no reason to include such a "feature" that no one asked for.

https://www.techradar.com/computing/windows/microsofts-controversial-recall-feature-for-windows-11-could-already-be-in-legal-hot-water

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

Get this. Microsoft is marketing new laptops with Copilot AI bloatware, and they have a feature they're calling "Recall" that stores images of everything you ever do on your computer. They claim the data will stay local on the PC, but obviously it's intended to be used to train their AI. There's no reason to include such a "feature" that no one asked for.

https://www.techradar.com/computing/windows/microsofts-controversial-recall-feature-for-windows-11-could-already-be-in-legal-hot-water

1984-george-orwell-cover-print-179850_1200x1200.thumb.webp.5579cf8323243b403e85f5b5b61b7507.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, and Happy Memorial Day. It seems like an odd thing to be happy about but I'm happy I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Celan said:

This means the govt already has this, and is already in our tech, more than likely.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Unironically probably is lore friendly. XD But if you leave it anywhere in Boston unguarded, that shit’s getting stolen in a heartbeat. I’d headcanon that it’s booby trapped like Mad Max’s car. 

luckily im a raider boss and have a few places to keep it at

But I wonder, would people even know how to use it or even think to try it unless they saw me use it

Also lol cait is holding on for dear life lol

Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.26_-_19.36.Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.26_-_19.36.Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.26_-_19.37.Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.26_-_19.38.Fallout_4_Screenshot_2024.05.26_-_19.38.

Also lol sanctuary is a script mess rn because of that sims settlements mod lol so every time i think to go there i gotta save first because it definitely will crash lmao, especially while on my bike

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

luckily im a raider boss and have a few places to keep it at

That could be a good "bottle episode". The Overboss gets his ride stolen and sends his goons to shake down all the lesser gangs in Boston to get it back. When the idiots who took it realize who they stole from, they’re terrified and must find a way to try and return it without him figuring out it was them. XD 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But I wonder, would people even know how to use it or even think to try it unless they saw me use it

Probably not. But if it’s the only functioning ground vehicle in Boston, then it would be heard from all over the city. Idiots would probably kill themselves trying to steal it, but that absolutely sounds like something a chemmed up raider would do. XD 

It can actually happen in Fallout 2. Leave your Highwayman car unattended in the wrong areas and there’s a chance it’ll get stolen. 

• Haha 1

The most fun in Nuka World is walking around unobtrusively dropping nuke and plasma mines for Open Season. "Don't mind me, you homicidal lunatics."

Just gotta remember not to drop them too close to the entrance of the raider dens, because they only trigger when you enter. Not that I blew myself to smithereens of anything. XD  I had to reload and go grab some Power Armor and chems.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My daily trigger Doc post

* pushes up black rimmed glasses *

Actually, the potato still exists, because the lady at Finch Farm warns her husband and son that she's going to make them peel potatoes for a month if they don't shut up.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Celan said:

The most fun in Nuka World is walking around unobtrusively dropping nuke and plasma mines for Open Season. "Don't mind me, you homicidal lunatics."

Just gotta remember not to drop them too close to the entrance of the raider dens, because they only trigger when you enter. Not that I blew myself to smithereens of anything. XD  I had to reload and go grab some Power Armor and chems.

I kind of enjoy Nuka World as this zany amusement park ride filled with pulpy references but it's one of the biggest wastes of a DLC slot ever made XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celan said:

And miss my chance at having white slaves, pass

Also, the tech there for robots is crazy op, I slapped some nuka auto lasers, red and blue, on an assaultron with a mr handy thruster, and this fucking thing blitzed an entire group of invading robots at one of my raider settlements. Like this shit was dbz fast, and all i saw were colors.

And they were dead xD It was honestly terrifying

1 hour ago, Celan said:

* pushes up black rimmed glasses *

Actually, the potato still exists, because the lady at Finch Farm warns her husband and son that she's going to make them peel potatoes for a month if they don't shut up.

Not to mention fresh potatoes are a common item in New Vegas. XD