Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They need more of those tbh lol.

I just read the Astra Millitarum has billions of troops, with actual humanity numbering in the trillions.

Guess they just don’t get as much attention in the marketing. Like how the BoS are on the cover of most the Fallout games even though they’re really just one small part of it. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Midnight Mass tv show on Netflix is veeeery very good

And verrry Bloodborne

It is indeed.

Made by John Flanagan, who also did Haunting of Hill House and Fall of the House of Usher. Brilliant showrunner.

• Like 1

Looking up those 40K images to give Colonel a better answer sent me down a damn rabbit hole with this series. I know it’s big and has tons of lore, but brother I was not prepared for this…

Is there a single wiki entry that doesn’t make a Federal omnibus bill look like a sticky note by comparison?

• Haha 2

I have a Fallout story.

After hundreds of hours of playing Fallout 4, I finally got a Perfectly Preserved Pie.

In trying to screenshot the moment, I accidentally hit F9 and reloaded an earlier save from an hour before, losing all my progress on the stupid Hubologist quest.

FML

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Just now, Celan said:

I have a Fallout story.

After hundreds of hours of playing Fallout 4, I finally got a Perfectly Preserved Pie.

In trying to screenshot the moment, I accidentally hit F9 and reloaded an earlier save from an hour before, losing all my progress on the stupid Hubologist quest.

FML

:rofl: 

And for one of the more annoying quests too. 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Looking up those 40K images to give Colonel a better answer sent me down a damn rabbit hole with this series. I know it’s big and has tons of lore, but brother I was not prepared for this…

Is there a single wiki entry that doesn’t make a Federal omnibus bill look like a sticky note by comparison?

There's over two hundred novels, over thirty different tabletop gamesz, over 70 different armybooks/codex's, a couple dozen video games, and a couple animated series. They represent over 10,000 years of history (even if it's mainly focused in modern 40k) and do a scary job of having it detailed. About forty years of lore. 

There's about twenty five main factions, who have sub factions...that have sub-factions XD (And all these factions have named characters, army units, vehicles, and monsters) Along with the ones who only have appearances in the universe.  To give an idea how diverse just the Astartes are, these guys are all loyalists

Ex0Q8uJWUAUU3Gv(1).thumb.jpg.ff48351312c8bc2fc9f14d0fa25824d6.jpg

zhang-han-psm2.thumb.jpg.b8c406f67efabf3346646d092afa6944.jpg

legionofthedamned.jpg.9959e2d777c946ee32846fd5340da7f4.jpg

tumblr_p7gmpwGH1P1vjjcaco1_1280.jpg.e665225b9ffb2398fa1d6bd28fe23c7b.jpg

Ultramarine_Honour_Guard.thumb.webp.8ce463b11aa0e042173a60631627cc10.webp

Space-Wolf-on-Thunderwolf.thumb.webp.6c80a646fd024f9152f34252097e3d65.webp

It's why I think big adaptions have been so hard; where the fuck do you start in a series like this? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Another insanely good edit. :rofl: 

I have bronchitis and shouldn't be laughing this hard.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

14 hours ago, Celan said:

I have a Fallout story.

FML

My story has a happy ending. F9 loaded my last quicksave and I rage quit after that, but when I went back today I found there was an autosave from after I had completed the Hubologist quest.

Lo and behold, I also got the Perfectly Preserved Pie again. The gaming gods have smiled upon me.

PPP.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Celan said:

I have bronchitis and shouldn't be laughing this hard.

Its scary what people can do with camera edits these days

Also I had no idea there was perfectly preserved pie lol but i think i know where this is

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Its scary what people can do with camera edits these days

Also I had no idea there was perfectly preserved pie lol but i think i know where this is

The machines are all over. It's one of those mechanical arm things and you have a miniscule chance to actually get the pie.

56 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So save scum, got it lol

It’s like a 1% chance or something and the pie doesn’t do anything special so it’s really not worth wasting the time to save scum. It’s just a fun little "hey! I got it!" moment if you do.

Something funny that happens in Fallout 76 is players will put them up for sale in their stores for really high prices and suckers pay it thinking they’re getting something super uncommon. But the truth is that there is one spot in the game where the pies actually spawn at 100% rate so anyone can get it free if they know. 

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So save scum, got it lol

JFC, I would rather watch paint dry. I just occasionally click on one and happened to get it this time.