Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

37 minutes ago, Celan said:

Same thing going on in Ireland.

Hide contents

I could go on. 

"Who in their right mind whats to visit Ireland especially after the poor Canadian man may he rest in peace." 

Ummm...that's a little bit close to home. 

While I remember Dublin being alot more seedy compared to all my visits as a kid; but I don't think there's mass-scale riots like the U.K happening. All the references I've found online are about Northern Ireland. That said, I'm thankfully spending me time mostly in the rural parts outside the city and in the country. 

• Like 1

Somewhat funnily, as soon as they heard me and my brother were staying in Dublin for a week, they wouldn't stop calling us to see if we were alright XD Not realizing we've been living in one of the biggest cities in the world alot of our lives.

"Developed by WayForward Technologies, the RetroRealms games let players traverse worlds and enter different realms to overcome challenges inspired by 'Halloween' and 'Ash vs Evil Dead.' Combining retro visuals with modern mechanics, players venture between two overlapping worlds, with the ability to enter the nightmare infested Dark Realm at any time, which unlocks shortcuts, hidden pathways, and rewards for those brave enough to enter.

The two RetroRealms titles, each sold separately, connect with each other to create an ever-expanding universe of popular characters that unlocks additional gameplay. The games can be played individually or, if both titles are purchased, new features can be accessed including taking characters from one game into the other. Players can also commemorate their achievements within the RetroRealms Arcade, a lovingly realized 3D gateway and tribute to arcade gaming that connects both RetroRealms titles, providing a single way to access every game in the series and to redeem in-game tickets, view leaderboards, and find other exclusive content."

I hope that means we'll see Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If Kamala wins I might be goin Canada lol, roommates!

Oh god. (XD)

Though you were telling me Kamala had zero chances of winning the first week after her announcement? Is she becoming a dangerous candidate. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog Are there any spooky creatures that are unique to Canadian folklore?

Barring the shared Indigenous ones? (The Wendigo is mostly with the Algonquin's on our border, so we usually take that as "Canadian".) We share most of them with you guys, but we have some unique ones. 

Like the Seelkee

eqptGiR.jpg.c0a4bb455f2722390e7892d7578bdd41.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh god. (XD)

Though you were telling me Kamala had zero chances of winning the first week after her announcement? Is she becoming a dangerous candidate. 

She has no chance under normal circumstances.

However these ain't normal. On her own merits she has zero chance, but voter fraud and voter impropriety is rampant in our country. So I fear the deep state will fake the results just like last time.

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

With Alien Romulus and all the rest, apparently Disney is taking home a 42 percent market share this summer. Their best quarter in like twenty years. Which is insane

That is a somewhat deceptive statistic from Disney. The overall box office in 2024 has been abysmally low due to the strikes (lowest in 20 years besides during the pandemic), so claiming 42% of it is much less of a feat than it would’ve been in years past. There was basically no competition.

Still a very good year for them, optically. This might give a bit of a breathing room with their shareholders, which they badly needed because they were getting pretty desperate on that front just half a year ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That is a somewhat deceptive statistic from Disney. The overall box office in 2024 has been abysmally low due to the strikes (lowest in 20 years besides during the pandemic), so claiming 42% of it is much less of a feat than it would’ve been in years past. There was basically no competition.

Still a very good year for them, optically. This might give a bit of a breathing room with their shareholders, which they badly needed because they were getting pretty desperate on that front just half a year ago.

Disney won by buying so much of the production they couldn't lose at this point :rofl:

Being serious, I guess buying Fox might have actually saved their ass in the long run (for at least the decade) XD Deadpool, Alien, and Planet of the Apes have been huge XD

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I guess buying Fox might have actually saved their ass in the long run

They paid over $70 billion for Fox. XD Three expensive movies being reasonably successful is a baby step in the right direction, but they would need decades of years like this for it to work out in their favor.