Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If you have an quart of Irish blood, they'll always consider you a potato farmer XD

You're forgetting about the secret temples in Northern Ireland where by drinking the blood of the current English monarch, you transcend the Irishness and become truly Anglo

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You're forgetting about the secret temples in Northern Ireland where by drinking the blood of the current English monarch, you transcend the Irishness and become truly Anglo

The U.K is going to explode soon. All they'll have left is England and Wales (yuck). 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The U.K is going to explode soon. All they'll have left is England and Wales (yuck). 

That bad? Could have sworn theres enough Anglophiles in Scotland to always eek out a majority of votes to stay in the kingdom each time there's a referendum.

That or voting don't mean shit XD

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

They also think you can also kiss the magic rock and become immune to hangovers. 

Catholics are one step above heathens man, I swear. :P 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

This were Britons :rofl:

The Angles, Saxons and Jutes brought much needed culture to the isles ;)

The U.K is such a mosh pit of the original Britons, and the Anglo/Viking conquers they've kind of coalesced into a new race XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The U.K is such a mosh pit of the original Britons, and the Anglo/Viking conquers they've kind of coalesced into a new race XD

As much as it's funnier to say otherwise, Balrog is right XD

The Germanics just assimilated the Romano-Britons that didn't retreat into the hills. By the time of the Norman Conquest, they were culturally Germanic.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But the distinction is worth making because the Scottish and Welsh retained their backwards-ass sheep-shagging Celtic heritage.

• Like 1

The majority of Britons weren't even Romanized. Large scale urbanization never took root in Roman Briton. Hilariously the biggest reason was the romanized aristocracy kept getting purged XD

Without wealthy families funding cities and projects it all began to fall apart by the time the legions were (at the time it was meant to be temporarily) recalled back to defend Gaul.

The vast majority of the population were the plain ol ignorant ass Celts they had always been, only difference was access to a large trading market.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Scottish

Especially the Scottish because they originated from Ireland XD

At BEST the Romans conquered some coastal hamlets then immediately fucked off seeing the futility of conquering Hibernia but more likely there probably was never any legion activity on the island.

Romans definitely traded with the proto-Irish

• Like 1

Also ironically, due to centuries of warring, trading and serving with the Romans, the western Germanic peoples weren't quite as culturally primitive as the Romans made them out to be.

I'd still argue that La Tené B era Gallic peoples were even more sophisticated, but the western Germanic kingdoms definitely had their time to shine as Western Rome collapsed...due to said peoples XD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Booked a flight to Ireland in September. @The Good Doctor @Celan Yall should vist the homeland sometime, always a blast to visit. 

Not interested, after seeing what's going on with mass migration and riots about the same.

• Like 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

Not interested, after seeing what's going on with mass migration and riots about the same.

From what I understand, that's been concentrated in the U.K.  I remember there being tension when I visited two years ago (my family talked their ear off about it), but things are still very peaceful. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

From what I understand, that's been concentrated in the U.K.  I remember there being tension when I visited two years ago (my family talked their ear off about it), but things are still very peaceful. 

From what I’ve seen, it’s so bad lately that historically rivaled Northern and Southern Ireland coalitions are marching together in protest. XD Although I imagine it’s mostly concentrated in specific areas.

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Same thing going on in Ireland.

I could go on. 

• Sad 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach