Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Was this from one of El Capitan’s car jacking jobs? I’ve never been asked to grab one of those little things before. XD 

Yeah it was actually hilarious, Maelstrom had a bunch of these and was using them like bumper cars in a vacant lot. XD I did my Contagion + Overheat combo to take out the mooks but the target car got in the blast zone. I had a hard time getting it out of the lot with all the wreckage.

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1723362533093117m.thumb.jpg.3b2480585bc65e95db084d6d97c0d285.jpgHoly fuck.

Headline is being a little tricky as I’m pretty sure The Marvels is still the biggest bomb by far if you account for marketing budget, as it ended up being something like a $250+ million loss. But damn, Borderlands is fighting to catch up with it. XD I don’t know how they thought this was a good idea.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Maelstrom had a bunch of these and was using them like bumper cars in a vacant lot. XD

Damn. I’ve done dozens and dozens of these jobs and never gotten this. That is awesome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Headline is being a little tricky as I’m pretty sure The Marvels is still the biggest bomb by far if you account for marketing budget, as it ended up being something like a $250+ million loss. But damn, Borderlands is fighting to catch up with it. XD I don’t know how they thought this was a good idea.

Damn. I’ve done dozens and dozens of these jobs and never gotten this. That is awesome. 

Why does this movie exist?

I bet if you go up to Northside and look for stolen car markers, you'd find it. I was doing gigs for Regina when I found it.

• Thanks 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It boggles the mind to be honest. XD Barring Tales, even when Borderlands was good, it's writing was always passable at best, stupidly annoying at worst. Hugely one of those, "play it for the gameplay" series. One of the last mainstream franchise I'd adapt; let alone with A List actors. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Celan said:

I bet if you go up to Northside and look for stolen car markers, you'd find it. I was doing gigs for Regina when I found it.

Ah, that makes sense. I usually do all of Regina’s gigs in Act 1 before I even unlock the car jacking, so I don’t spend a lot of time in that area.

58 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It boggles the mind to be honest. XD Barring Tales, even when Borderlands was good, its writing was always passable at best, stupidly annoying at worst. Hugely one of those, "play it for the gameplay" series. One of the last mainstream franchise I'd adapt; let alone with A List actors. 

I think if you had to do a Borderlands movie, animation would be the way to go. The games are basically cartoons as it is.

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ah, that makes sense. I usually do all of Regina’s gigs in Act 1 before I even unlock the car jacking, so I don’t spend a lot of time in that area.

I like to space out the gigs over the game because sometimes you're waiting for people to call. Though admittedly by then the rewards are useless except for Dino's car.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That budget is almost terrifying. 

This one game cost half of what Trump requested from Congress to build his wall along the Mexican border. :rofl: 

What’s crazy is that it will probably still end up being profitable somehow. GTAV Online has made them many billions. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This one game cost half of what Trump requested from Congress to build his wall along the Mexican border. :rofl: 

What’s crazy is that it will probably still end up being profitable somehow. GTAV Online has made them many billions. 

Also the whole Manhattan Project. It's fucking bonkers. 

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Also the whole Manhattan Project. It's fucking bonkers. 

I remember reading a while back how, on average, GTA Online rakes in the yearly salary of a working class person every single hour. It’s ridiculous.

I have no idea what the appeal is of their microtransactions system, but they’ve absolutely mastered it. 

I remember reading a while back how, on average, the GTA Online rakes in the yearly salary of a working class person every single hour. It’s ridiculous.

I have no idea what the appeal is of their microtransactions system, but they’ve absolutely mastered it. 

That and Destiny are probably the only reason so many companies are willing to risk anything for the live service revenue machine. 

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You're just meeting your IRA contacts. Admit it, Immortal-Lich Margaret Hatcher still lurks the Northern Ireland countryside at night and you're putting together a team to stop it.

The SAS is going to kidnap me now, thanks alot snitch. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

You're just meeting your IRA contacts. Admit it, Immortal-Lich Margaret Hatcher still lurks the Northern Ireland countryside at night and you're putting together a team to stop it.

Then he’s recruiting the wrong folks for this team. I’m far more Anglo than Irish. XD 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The SAS is going to kidnap me now, thanks alot snitch. 

Don't worry, I'll pull some strings. They'll leave you alone this once.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Then he’s recruiting the wrong folks for this team. I’m far more Anglo than Irish. XD 

Thatcher grows in strength by the night, soon she will resume control over the Angles and Saxons. Don't let her!

a-margaret-thatcher-puppet-as-the-archive-of-spitting-image-is-handed-over-to-the-library-at-cambridge-university-R1P697.thumb.jpg.2304e8fe892dfe88cca3a1c80806d37f.jpg

The greatest hellspawn since Ronald Reagan became a swamp-demon. 

If you have an quart of Irish blood, they'll always consider you a potato farmer XD

• Haha 1