Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #43

Apparently the setting is going to be  western "retro future America" after scientists diverged from us in the early 1900's. Which is familiar, but at the same time, it'll be really cool to see that without Fallout's parody and self-flanderisation elements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Mike Gordon (the DOOM composer) is apparently working on the soundtrack too XD A ton of talent. 

And this studio already made Weird West, which is an awesome game, so there are lots of reasons to be hopeful.

Bethesda just announced a new complete Remaster of DOOM (bundling all the games, new features, expansions (all six of them), graphical updates, fully integrating DOOM 2, alongside a new expansion made by ID Software and Machine Games.) I wonder why Beth dosen't treat it's own IP's this well? 

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Because they didn’t make this or probably have much to do with it besides publishing. 

Why do that when you can get modders to shit out a bunch of mostly cosmetic packs, break every mod, make the game run worse, and not fix a single ten year old legacy bug XD

• Haha 1

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/dragon-age/dragon-age-the-veilguard-wont-let-you-control-your-companions-because-you-cant-handle-it-this-is-a-much-higher-actions-per-minute-game/#comment-jump

Bioware removed the ability to control your party in Veilguard because apparently it's playerbase "can't handle it" and that "it wasn't adding anything to the game". Like WTF?! What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

• Haha 1

Oh and Warner Brothers themselves confirmed Suicide Squad caused a 42 percent drop in their TOTAL FUCKING gaming revenue.

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-spurs-double-digit-drop-in-wb-gaming-revenue

Total Revenue drop was TEN FUCKING BILLION this quarter. I hope this spurs the firing of that moron, Zaslav. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh and Warner Brothers themselves confirmed Suicide Squad caused a 42 percent drop in their TOTAL FUCKING gaming revenue.

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-spurs-double-digit-drop-in-wb-gaming-revenue

Total Revenue drop was TEN FUCKING BILLION this quarter. I hope this spurs the firing of that moron, Zaslav. 

Holy fuck that's an enormous loss :rofl:

10 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To add further to this clusterfuck, the idiot admitted to lying about Warner Discoveries worth in the merger talks; he overvalued it by 10 billion and is claiming "he forgot about the lowering value". Like holy fuck. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To add further to this clusterfuck, the idiot admitted to lying about Warner Discoveries worth in the merger talks; he overvalued it by  10 billion and is claiming "he forgot about the lowering value". Like holy fuck, 

Overvaluation happens, but $10 billion? Gosh dang, someone’s getting fired. XD And probably sued.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

what would be your perfect version of it?

We already have it. XD I have no interest at all in a CE Remake. The original gameplay holds up perfectly well and the graphics aren’t even particularly dated with the MCC remaster toggle.

I’d prefer they just spend the effort on new games. If the post-Bungie storyline is too cringey and unprofitable for 343, then they should just do spinoffs like ODST and Reach. The war with the Covenant was big enough to support new stories more or less indefinitely.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

We already have it

Hear hear lol, but there was still rumors about a remake. I think adapting what The Flood added would be a fun twist, keeping the same gameplay as base CE. I know Bungie sorely regretted duel wielding so it sure won't have that XD

On 8/8/2024 at 10:27 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/dragon-age/dragon-age-the-veilguard-wont-let-you-control-your-companions-because-you-cant-handle-it-this-is-a-much-higher-actions-per-minute-game/#comment-jump

Bioware removed the ability to control your party in Veilguard because apparently it's playerbase "can't handle it" and that "it wasn't adding anything to the game". Like WTF?! What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

We wanted the companions to feel like they, as fully-realized characters, are in control of their own actions. They make their own decisions.

That's the dumbest thing I ever read about a video game.

• Haha 2

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

Mistakes were made picking this baby up from Maelstrom, but she's surprisingly durable and fast.

photomode_10082024_224719.png

• Haha 1

"If you know me you know I don't keep up with the times. I just go with the flow." - Woody Copeland, life coach

4 hours ago, Celan said:

Mistakes were made picking this baby up from Maelstrom, but she's surprisingly durable and fast.

photomode_10082024_224719.png

Was this from one of El Capitan’s car jacking jobs? I’ve never been asked to grab one of those little things before. XD